Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BHost - 13 Hours downtime and counting..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BHost - 13 Hours downtime and counting..

Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
edited November 2012 in Providers

Anybody else having problems at BHost, or have any updates they wish to share?

They posted this on Twitter 13 hours ago which i find a tad rude:
" We are experiencing a DDOS attack which is causing slowness / packet loss on some services. We're working on it. Please do not call us! "

No this is not a provider bashing another provider, we use them to host our SolusVM master and even recommend them on a regular basis but IMHO this length of downtime is unacceptable. I have a ticket open, but with no response as of yet.

Comments

• My VPS with them is up and responding :)

• @ghoulnet said: My VPS with them is up and responding :)

Must be somebody on my node attracting the wrong sort of attention then :P

• My VPS with them have been going great (I am on XEN by the way) and it has never been down except for one small incident where there was an elevated ping response time due to inbound DDOS in their DC (happened like 2 months ago). It has great uptime and I rebooted it 20 days ago to install kernal updates

I am not sure which node/virtualization are you but they have been great for me.

• @Asim

OpenVZ / Node = iron

• @GetKVM_Ash

I am on XEN node XEN01

Probably you can ask them to move to XEN? From the twitter tweet it seems they are in deep-sh*t

• im fine too. both my vps with them are working no problems

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@GetKVM_Ash May I suggest restoring your last backup on a different VPS to get your master up, from what I read on their twitter this happens to that node once a month which is no good for a SolusVM Master.

I have a master backup every hour to an offsite location, I have moved it a number of times when I have expected maintenance at racksrv

• @AnthonySmith said: @GetKVM_Ash May I suggest restoring your last backup on a different VPS to get your master up, from what I read on their twitter this happens to that node once a month which is no good for a SolusVM Master.

Yeah i was thinking this would be quicker/easier too. I just know that once i have migrated it, it will probably come back online :P

Luckily we also run hourly backups, im glad we do now.

• Hmm. Any decent EU providers within the same price range? £2.40/month.

haha @ £2.40 for a cornerstone of your business.... sorry but that made me laugh :)

Get one from racksrv.com never down unless maintenance, worry free and worth it.

Failing that drop me an email you can have one on the house.

• @AnthonySmith said: haha @ £2.40 for a cornerstone of your business.... sorry but that made me laugh :)

I don't see any point in paying more when this server has been rock solid since aside from this DDoS.

You don't make money spending money sir :)

true true

• we have lost in past our VPS data due to some raid failure. it was restored after 2-3 days. they are working hard.

@qhoster said: we have lost in past our VPS data due to some raid failure. it was restored after 2-3 days. they are working hard.

What? its a raid failure now?

• do not know we were using them before they had some raid failure. Now I doubt it may be is another issue you may ask them.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@GetKVM_Ash said: I don't see any point in paying more when this server has been rock solid since aside from this DDoS.

You don't make money spending money sir :)

I do not see a problem with what @GetKVM_Ash is doing at all. If anything, this could be a positive thing too. In case some of their nodes are down, it wont effect other clients, since the master is out of their network.

That's how I see it :)

• Still no update to support ticket or Twitter..

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Hmm. Any decent EU providers within the same price range? £2.40/month.

Don't know what specs you get for £2.40/mo but I've been more than satisfied with my Xen VPS @ Evorack. Actually I've been with them for 12 months now & never had a single minute of downtime.

• root@bhost:~# uptime
    17:19:50 up 20 days, 18:15, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    root@bhost:~#

• That's on OpenVZ by the way, same plan as you.

• Yeah, i need something in the EU for data protection compliance, not to mention the lag syncing ISO's from the US to EU slaves :P

• How can i vzdump exactly, for one i don't have access to the node and secondly, the node is down lmao.

• As for the ticket..

Originally Submitted: 5 hours ago
    Last Updated: none

Last update on twitter 18 hours ago.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited November 2012

@GetKVM_Ash We done a ha cluster setup for our solusvm master. Two kvm based vservers with glusterfs and mysql master/master replication with percona xtradb cluster plugin. No issues with this solution, but not supported by soluslabs.

edit:// Isos and templates on a glusterfs share with 4 nodes. If you need a small kvm vps in germany, no problem. On maintenance we´ll do a online migration to other nodes before we shutdown the node :)

• @GetKVM_Ash if you have a backup of solus's database just install a new master somewhere else?

• @rds100 said: @GetKVM_Ash if you have a backup of solus's database just install a new master somewhere else?

That was the plan, but i need the key from the original master :(

• @Jack said: Poke @Soluslabs I am sure Phill will give ya some magic.

I have just put a ticket in, here's to hoping for some magic :)

• @George_Fusioned said: I've been more than satisfied with my Xen VPS @ Evorack

Evorack or VooServers are rock solid. Prometeus is another awesome host

• @GetKVM_Ash said: I have just put a ticket in, here's to hoping for some magic :)

hope your issues are resolved ASAP