Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Proposal] Low end VoIP from $5/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Proposal] Low end VoIP from $5/month

pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
edited August 2015 in General

Hello,

This thread is primarily to see if anyone would be interested in a fully featured VoIP service within LET pricing.

Initially looking at $5 per month per number;
* One number (from select countries around the world)
* One Extension
* Full PBX features (Voicemail, IVR, CallQueues, Conferencing, etc)

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Call prices might be the deciding factor?

• Not if it'll be gone in a year.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

pbgben said: $5 per month per number

But then also pay per minute for the actual calls. Will you be able to offer competitive pricing, compared to the established large SIP providers or even to Skype-out? Will you charge at per-second, or per-minute increments?

Also many don't need an incoming number. Will it have no fixed charge per month then?

• @pbgben said:
    Hello,

This thread is primarily to see if anyone would be interested in a fully featured VoIP service within LET pricing.

Initially looking at $5 per month per number;
    * One number (from select countries around the world)
    * One Extension
    * Full PBX features (Voicemail, IVR, CallQueues, Conferencing, etc)

Also down to call quality, will it be on proper SIP hardware, or all software setup? and using some SIP Trunk you have purchased from a reseller?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    Call prices might be the deciding factor?

@rm_ said:
    But then also pay per minute for the actual calls. Will you be able to offer competitive pricing, compared to the established large SIP providers or even Skype-out?

Also many don't need an incoming number. Will it be with no fixed charge per month then?

Our per min pricing is much lower than Skype, Eg, Skype to UK Mobile - 10¢/min we're less than half that.

I can definitely look at outgoing only calling (Withheld Numbers) for a much lower monthly.

@Jonchun said:
    Not if it'll be gone in a year.

This is one of the reasons I'm trying to gauge interest in the service.

edited August 2015

@AshleyUk said:
    Also down to call quality, will it be on proper SIP hardware, or all software setup? and using some SIP Trunk you have purchased from a reseller?

This will be a software solution. The SIP trunks will be brought directly where possible, if the quality is bad then we will investigate and move to another provider if needed.

The service will be defined by the cost, keeping it as low as possible for the users.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

pbgben said: Skype to UK Mobile - 10¢/min we're less than half that.

Mkay maybe Skype is not a good comparison then.

http://www.callwithus.com/showrates/U

United Kingdom Mobile  447000  0.0095

Less than 1 ¢/min, so yours is 5x more expensive?

• If the "select countries" include the US, then yes.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

If the countries include canada then sign me up!

@rm_ said:
    Less than 1 ¢/min, so yours is 5x more expensive?

Compared to the pricing on their site, we are 3* as expensive 0.03 vs 0.01

As time goes on, finding new providers will allow us to reduce pricing where possible.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited August 2015

Be aware the lowest cost SIP trunk providers generally have horrendous call completion rates, and it's not something you're likely to uncover with spot testing. You absolutely get what you pay for in the voice world.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

Several countries has cheap prices for calling abroad with PAYG on mobile phones and free number, VoIP not really needed for everyone

@agoldenberg said:
    If the countries include canada then sign me up!

+1204666 Numbers would be available, and 0.003/min to Canadian numbers

@deadbeef said:
    If the "select countries" include the US, then yes.

+1347434 Numbers available from NY, 0.007/min to US numbers

Thanked by 1deadbeef

@fitvpn said:
    Several countries has cheap prices for calling abroad with PAYG on mobile phones and free number, VoIP not really needed for everyone

Our service may not be the cheapest nor the best option for specific cases, but we're providing a service where you can use any SIP compatible device or software to make/receive calls. An added benefit is that you can have a number from a country you don't reside in and pay local rates to call its citizens.

• @pbgben said:
    This is one of the reasons I'm trying to gauge interest in the service.

Well if you can make it happen and have some sort of guarantee that all service won't be dropped (e.g. proof of business registration/company formation, contracts with your service providers, etc) then I'm sure a bunch of smaller business owners will be very interested in such a service. Right now I'm signed up for a call forwarding system (not pbx, not google voice. it has a 'press 0 for agent blah blah' thing built in) and it's costing me $20+ monthly (and barely use it). Cutting it down to $5 for a full featured pbx would be even better.

• I use voip.ms and have a kickass DID for $1/mo + $0.01 per minute calls. Got a $30 ATA on Amazon and have a dirt cheap home phone.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Jonchun said:
    guarantee that all service won't be dropped (e.g. proof of business registration/company formation, contracts with your service providers, etc)

How can business registration be a guarantee of continuity? And I doubt contracts for this are signed for a lot of years (still, they don't mean much).

• pbgben said: pbgben

Folks prefer push money to one place where they can cover everything, domestic calls and calls to abroad, SMS internet, etc, Many of them even has no idea about SIP or VoiP

@fitvpn said:

And they get royally ripped off in the process. If only there were more local IT providers that would offer VoIP services.

• sonetel.com is pretty good, starting at $1.39 per month, available worldwide. :)

@pgben only interested in 1613xxxxxxx

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

century1stop said: sonetel.com

They charge for incoming calls. Also DIDs expensive.

@agoldenberg said:
    pbgben only interested in 1613xxxxxxx

+16137060XXX We can get those.

• @fitvpn said:
    yea but only when you redirect to mobile or landline, SIP's free. there's also premium service at a tad higher with free incoming/outgoing calls :)

• Anything Austria? +431 +43316 or +43720 maybe?

I'll take it!

@pgben let me know when and I'll be the first to order :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

pbgben said: This thread is primarily to see if anyone would be interested in a fully featured VoIP service within LET pricing.

How would this compare to https://voip.ms/

• @Nyr said:
    How can business registration be a guarantee of continuity? And I doubt contracts for this are signed for a lot of years (still, they don't mean much).

Sorry. Guarantee was the wrong word. I just want proof that its an actual business that was thought out rather than one that's being run on the side.

• can you have phone from mexico? if yes im interested too