Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any free SaaS solution for centralize logging
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any free SaaS solution for centralize logging

I tried Logentries/SumoLogic, but they are free up to a certain days period (usually 30 days)

Any other suggestions? I'm running a low activities personal blog, so just need a place to keep all of my logs since I have a low end VPS that runs logrotate.

Comments

• Loggly

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

https://papertrailapp.com works pretty well, free with some limits (7 days and 48 hours search i think).

If you want more than 30 days you'll probably have to pay.

• jhjh Member

Both of the above are good. Papertrail is better value.

• @jhadley, not free after 7 days.

• @cassa, does loggly provide free account after the trial period ends?

• What about real-time monitoring/alerts metric system such as alternative to DataDog? Anything cheap and free, but low traffic/volume for VPS?

• @h4xor3r said:
    cassa, does loggly provide free account after the trial period ends?

• Loggly is good, we use their paid plan and its been rocksolid.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Splunk?

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Splunk?

Spunk? Behave david.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Splunk?

very pricey lol

• Hey, I end up go with Papertrail because their free account don't have trial period and that's exactly what I wanted. I don't want to give it up after 7 days. My traffic isn't very significant enough to go for paid plan.

@cassa said:

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

@h4xor3r said:

It's free. However, if you need a huge cluster to register a loooooot of data, yes, you need to pay.

• LOL, if I have that much data, definite make sense to pay! Keep this ecosystem healthy!

But I'm already using Papertrail and satisfied with it. And the tool is simple to integrate, but I would consider them once Papertrail can't keep up with my log traffic.

Thanks though!

@davidgestiondbi said:
    It's free. However, if you need a huge cluster to register a loooooot of data, yes, you need to pay.

• @h4xor3r said:
    Hey, I end up go with Papertrail because their free account don't have trial period and that's exactly what I wanted. I don't want to give it up after 7 days. My traffic isn't very significant enough to go for paid plan.

Hi @h4xor3r,

Karen from Loggly here. Just wanted to follow up here and let you know our Lite plan is free forever, even after the 30-day trial. The trial itself is risk free (no credit card required), so at the very least its a great way to check out what tools are available for when you're ready to scale.

Let us know if you reconsider your choice - our lite plan includes our Dynamic Field Explorer view, which I think differentiates our solution (http://bit.ly/1HrMA7C ). :)

-The Loggly Team