Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2Checkout stops serving hosting providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2Checkout stops serving hosting providers

ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
edited August 2015 in General

Just received this. Anyone using their services received a similar email ?
Seems they confuse definition of application hosting, and whatever says 'cloud' is simply banned.

Hello,

We have an important message to share about the newest banking regulations and requirements which will affect your business. Due to the latest VISA and MasterCard protocols, we are no longer supporting cyberlocker service businesses. As a result, your 2Checkout account will be closed on September 15, 2015. We regret we are unable to meet your business’s needs.

Any remaining funds in your account will be paid out in 90 days after your most recent sale. Should you have any questions regarding your account, please contact [email protected] or 1 877-294-0273.

To help you avoid disruption to your business, we can recommend contacting AlliedWallet, a provider that works with cyberlocker service businesses. Visit their website to apply.

Again, we regret we are unable to support your business. We wish you and your business the very best.

Regards,

2Checkout Seller Support
[email protected]

• 1 614 921 2450
    Toll Free: 1 877-294-0273

Any other merchant account provider has followed their suit ?

Comments

• nope didn't get anything yet

• Me niether.

• FoulFoul Member

Nothing here yet.

• cyberlocker != hosting

probably no point telling them they got it wrong. why cyberlocker though? too hard to police what files are being stored?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

Bruce said: probably no point telling them they got it wrong. why cyberlocker though? too hard to police what files are being stored?

I spent 20 minutes on the phone explaining that we do virtualisation and application hosting and no such thing like files haring... The best I managed them to do is to get someone from risk department to call me tomorrow.

From what she was told in the internal comms looked like keyword cloud = BAN.

• @Clouvider - why do you even contemplate working with 2Checkout. Just use Stripe or similar for cards and Paypal for Paypal.

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 eLohkCalb
    edited August 2015

@MarkTurner They were our 'spare' CC processor and the only payment processor who offered our Clients AMEX. Looks like now we will have to get contract with AMEX directly and hook them up into our Braintree account...

To be honest, we keep them only for AMEX, and we have about a dozen Customers paying AMEX with them. Would be a pity to lose them due to misunderstood definition.

• @Clouvider - Stripe offers Amex

edited August 2015

off to Stripe then :).

Thanks @MarkTurner!

• Yea, Stripe offers all big 5 - MC, VISA, AMEX, JCB and Diners.

• From memory Stripe do Visa/Mastercard/Amex/Diners/JCB and Bitcoin

• jhjh Member

Stripe are even more ban happy than 2CO and you don't even get a reason, a number to call or your pending payment.

• jhadley said: Stripe are even more ban happy than 2CO and you don't even get a reason, a number to call or your pending payment.

I know many using Stripe for high risk without issues - So i doubt that.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Doesn't surprise me to hear this. Chargeback ratios in the hosting industry are high and that scares underwriters.

• My last brands's account was closed for one refund payment which we did… and a lot of people was effected by that, so this is another excuse to get rid of web hosting providers…. All I can say is they've done you a great thing by closing your account go and get Stripe :)

Old thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1254029

You can see I was protecting 2Co thinking it was the customer and a few weeks later had the same issue.

• jhjh Member
    edited August 2015

William said: I know many using Stripe for high risk without issues - So i doubt that.

In my small circle of close (work) friends, 2 + me have been banned from Stripe. All have legitimate, low-risk businesses and complied 100% with their rules. For me personally, it seemed like the fact that one of the first customers to use the gateway was using a personal VPN (although it was a genuine customer and a low amount anyway). We were all told by an automatic email that didn't give a reason and support requests were ignored. They don't have a phone number. Payments since the last payout were refunded to the customers, which of course works wonders for your business image.

We all moved to Braintree and didn't have any problems.

Oh, and one of us (not me) now has a "money laundering" search on their personal credit file from Stripe. I don't know much about the impact of this but I'm sure it's something one is better off without.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Stripe also did same to me saying to high risk.

jbiloh said: Chargeback ratios in the hosting industry are high and that scares underwriters.

Apparently that's due to Visa and MasterCard changes in policy towards CyberBunkers. They supposedly introduce different protocols which 2CO isn't happy to introduce.

jhadley said: I don't know much about the impact of this but I'm sure it's something one is better off without.

Not showed to your creditors, only visible to you. That's a usual check to see your address history matching with credits to see if you're really you, and what's more important, that you exist.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

I received this message as well i send back to support but no respond, interesting about Stripe but seems not supported by WHMCS

key900 said: I received this message as well i send back to support but no respond, interesting about Stripe but seems not supported by WHMCS

There is commercial 3rd party module for it. I'm considering hooking up AMEX on my Braintree account still.

• watch how 2co pays you... never... dirty scumbags. Still owe me $1000+ for over 3-4 years now.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@apollo15 said:
    watch how 2co pays you... never... dirty scumbags. Still owe me $1000+ for over 3-4 years now.

Ya that's sucks

Apparently they still support hosting providers.

• jbiloh said: Doesn't surprise me to hear this. Chargeback ratios in the hosting industry are high and that scares underwriters.

In fairness, if it weren't for Paypal, chargebacks would not be so common.

• Clouvider said: Apparently they still support hosting providers.

That's open to discussion. They can call anyone doing hosting a filelocker as long as they want. You have some files you host. End.

@concerto49 agreed. Regardless of their decision we will replace hen anyway. They just aren't reliable enough any more.