Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which of these servers for Web hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

which of these servers for Web hosting

Hi

I would like to know your opinion as to which of these two servers would deliver better performance for Web hosting

Option 1:
CPU W3520
32GB Ram
2x1TB raid1 software
250Mbps

Option 2:
Dual cpu L5420
16GB Ram
4X750GB Hardware raid10
1Gbps
10 TB
(diference price +US11)

Comments

• Option 2

• option 2 , go with MarkTurner

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

option 2 : Same spec i got before 6 month from @dacentec

• L5420 with the P400 from Dacentec is your better bet over SYS (unless you need DDoS protection). But see what @MarkTurner has for stock in ATL, I prefer the Delimiter network to Dacentec.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @shileno - What is your budget? There are plenty of good options. P400 is probably not the best controller for optimal performance, its very old. We've been replacing all P400's with P410 which is similar priced but much higher performance.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I also say option 2, but it depends. If you know how to cache well a predictable load, option 1 can be better.

• thanks for the answers

@MarkTurner said:
    shileno - What is your budget? There are plenty of good options. P400 is probably not the best controller for optimal performance, its very old. We've been replacing all P400's with P410 which is similar priced but much higher performance.

My maximum is US70 monthly

• Option two. You'll get better CPU and specially better I/O performance.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Yes, definitely option two.

In my opinion, option 2 is 10x better than one. RAID10 and a better CPU is a noticeable difference.

• You already have a W3520 full of cpanel accounts. You can check first whether your high load is due to CPU usage or high disk iowait issue. The second option has better CPU but disk performance of the two options should not differ much. Migrating to second server won't do you much good if bottleneck is on the disks.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

martinandrino said: Option two. You'll get better CPU and specially better I/O performance.

On the other hand, you may not need those if caching in ram works well due to in-depth knowledge and predictable load.