Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet

Comments

• ReeRee Member

@rpollestad said:
    Funny, I'm already encountering networking issues with the Jacksonville, FL VPS. All manner of services are timing out and suddenly not working.

Haven't had an issue in ages and now on the day of the buyout (which customers still haven't been informed about properly), things start going wrong.

Yeah, just had 1 hour downtime here as well. It was the only server that had 100% uptime too (for 11 months)

Definitely won't be renewing next month...it's clear they don't want Crissic's customers since they're keeping the services out-of-stock, so might as well give them their wish and move on.

• ATHKATHK Member

Hmm, I'm a Crissic customer and I never got that email ... I .. found out from a LET post .. how disappointing.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • joepie91 said: In other words: you will in the near future?

Of course. How are they going to get at those sweet, sweet IPs if customers are still using them?

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited August 2015

@Ree said:
    Definitely won't be renewing next month...it's clear they don't want Crissic's customers since they're keeping the services out-of-stock, so might as well give them their wish and move on.

Or maybe they do want the customers and just don't want

1. Multiple brands / Product lines
    2. Don't want to continue LowEnd market offers with direct competition to their main service/brand InfraCloud.

I don't see how you can make the conclusion you are, with the reasoning because their gonna keep services out of stock. The two don't even have an ounce of relation.

EDIT: @dustinc It's crazy how people praise Hosts for buying out shit brands to bigger shit brands...but a good host gets sold to an even better great host, and all they can do is complain

• NathanZepolNathanZepol Member
    edited August 2015

Ree said: Yeah, just had 1 hour downtime here as well. It was the only server that had 100% uptime too (for 11 months)

I just encountered downtime as well. Cancellation request has been submitted.

• zedzed Member

@zed said:
    You think that's funny, wait 'til the support guy tells you that your systems are actually fine, it's just SolusVM misreporting it.

Cleared up at about 70 minutes, and in support's defense he was misled by the solus issue (and I didn't really provide much info in the original ticket, too).

In any case, you guys are a bit nutty with the cancellations, wait for a reason at least?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2015

So much drama in a few things I'm reading here. Have a beer, it'll do you well. If you get what you paid for, for the duration of your billing cycle (let's say contract), and you're happy with what you got, I would say it's a good day.

In this market it's not uncommon to want to up and move somewhere else due to acquisitions, changes in business plans, or just plain dead pool. All things considered, this is one of the better exits of an LET host. It sounds like monthly customers will have more than just this current billing cycle to bail as well, should they be so inclined.

Congrats on the new job Skylar. Best of luck!

Thanked by 1adly
  • @Jar said:
    So much drama in a few things I'm reading here. Have a beer, it'll do you well. If you get what you paid for, for the duration of your billing cycle (let's say contract), and you're happy with what you got, I would say it's a good day.

In this market it's not uncommon to want to up and move somewhere else due to acquisitions, changes in business plans, or just plain dead pool. All things considered, this is one of the better exits of an LET host. It sounds like monthly customers will have more than just this current billing cycle to bail as well, should they be so inclined.

Congrats on the new job Skylar. Best of luck!

I hate beer though ._.

@doghouch said:
    I hate beer though ._.

Ha I feel you.

• Champagne too ^^ @Jar

Thanked by 1jar

@doghouch said:
    Champagne too ^^ Jar

Red bull with a shot of everclear, it's not for the weak but man is it tasty ;)

Thanked by 1adly
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

We could replicate it with a bit of taste-testers and some artificial flavor... after that, you got a version of the drink for the "weak" @Jar :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@alexvolk said:
    Last time yomura vanished too. Let's hope that your friends from yomura this time will "exit gracefully" as you suggesting here.

What?!

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

William said: You know there is a large chunk reserved for CGNAT and you can just segment your network to use it multiple times, right?

Some of these organizations may not want to segment their network or have other reasons why they want unique addresses. My point was that if you make more space available for private uses, like CGNAT or RFC1918, there will be less of a reason for large organizations like major corporations, universities, governments, etc. to hang on to large blocks of IPv4. If they sell or return these blocks, it will keep supply available on the market for companies that need more IPv4 space.

• FritzFritz Veteran

I guess Quadranet hates Competition very much these days.

• Well, fuck.
    I'm glad I just renewed my $15 per year vps last month. Guess I'll be shopping around in 11 months. @SkylarM pm me if you set up a new hosting company.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

@thagoat said:
    Well, fuck.
    I'm glad I just renewed my $15 per year vps last month. Guess I'll be shopping around in 11 months. SkylarM pm me if you set up a new hosting company.

Sad news... @SkylarM said that he was "done with the hosting industry" and would be taking a spot at QuadraNet.

• thagoatthagoat Member
    edited August 2015

Ah... He quits again. I'm glad I'm on vacation, or I might be more upset. Beer = happiness.

Thanked by 1jar
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Bummer. I think I have a couple VPS there. Very solid service and good support. Excellent value as well. Will be cancelling at end of billing cycle and will find something else.

• It really came out of the blue.

• @NathanZepol said:
    This may explain why the ticket response quality I have been receiving lately has been so poor.
    Here I come RamNode...

Come and join us already with RamNode. You will enjoy your stay.

• At least, he didn't go to long holidays.

• @TheKiller said:
    At least, he didn't go to long holidays.

But still this is deplorable !

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2015

In my 4 years on LET I have learned that giving providers second chances is a bad idea. Providers who have failed once will fail again and pretty much none of the top providers (BuyVM, Ramnode, SecureDragon, etc) are "second chance providers".

This might seem cynical but it's my observation from seeing hundreds of hosts being launched and failing.

• Well you ain't all fucked. Just your wallets are

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

BuyVM is. Well, depends on your definition of second chance, IMO this forum was way too lenient with them compared with others, so far, though, it appears to be justified.
    I would rather say that third chances should not be given, that serial offender, ashley with buyKVM or something, should have not been allowed to post again after a trail of failures.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Providers who have failed once will fail again

I agree with what you say, but some people do learn from mistakes. clearly nuggets didn't, and others haven't, but some will.

the real issue is that LET is a tough place to make a living from, for anyone not just first-timers. tough for buyers to know who to use too, with summer hosts, kids, and other stuff that goes on.

• Maounique said: BuyVM is. Well, depends on your definition of second chance

Can you explain how? I wouldn't really consider Frantech a previous and failed enterprise and i'm not aware of any previous companies by Francisco.

I guess my point is: Why give people second, third, fourth, ... chances when there are enough reputable providers that you can go with instead?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

gsrdgrdghd said: Can you explain how? I wouldn't really consider Frantech a previous and failed enterprise and i'm not aware of any previous companies by Francisco.

Frantech was never a failed offering, it ran into some serious hard times when we moved to Portland but it was kept open and I floated it out of my life savings until I could afford to move things to Fremont. Once in Fremont Frantech quickly got back to ~sold out.

Remember, Frantech was mostly for customers wanting to host MMO related gameservers so we charged a high price for it being VMWare + Windows. BuyVM was done more as a fun test to see how the 'lower end' market was and it exploded. We quickly spun down Frantech's VM offerings (consolidated nodes, stopped reloading stock, etc) and put effort behind BuyVM.

We were never kicked off here either. Aldryic, sure, but he knowingly dug his plot and was cackling the entire time out the door.

Francisco

• Francisco said: Aldryic, sure, but he knowingly dug his plot and was cackling the entire time out the door.

Hmm... still? I didn't know that. I miss this annoying old bastard. Let me talk with M.