Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet

18910111214»

Comments

• @dustinc said:
    Neills

I'm not hiding my head in the sand. I should start hiding from you, you creep.

Boo!

• I think there is going to be a lot of bed wetting tonight.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

@dustinc said:

Hay? Seriously?! Well last i saw is all price and services will remain the same I don't even imagine that people like you force everyone to colocation or rent server or you just picked up who won't fit your billing system?!

I was just compiling a list of IPv4 rental customers, we (QuadraNet) will no longer be servicing these specific customers, and we ask that you migrate away from this IP block before 9/16/2015 (your due date). We can certainly work out a deal where you keep these IPs *only* if you colo with us or use them on QuadraNet dedicated servers, otherwise we're reclaiming these.

Would the above be an option for you? Colo or dedi? I believe you guys are using Psychz - we would be happy to review what they are providing you and see about matching their pricing. I'm confident you will be extremely happy with our high quality network and service.

I sincerely appreciate your time and look forward to hearing back from you.

---
    Thank You,

Adam Ng
    Crissic Solutions.

Thanked by 1neills
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@key900

I believe I covered your concerns in my previous post on LET.

edited August 2015

@dustinc said:
    key900

I believe I covered your concerns in my previous post on LET.

Oh don't worry but you should think twice before do take this action. Good work to force people moving out :)

Have a good day!

• That guy Adam ng seems to be sending crap to everyone..

• I'm sorry I slightly agree with @key900 yes it's QNs space and they can do whatever but are you that desperate for IPs you are reclaiming external space and buying out companies purely to gain some IPs. No thanks cancelation request going in for you to get another IP free.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

TinyTunnel_Tom said: cancelation request going in for you to get another IP free.

Mission accomplished. We don't have to kick anyone, they leave by themselves.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    are you that desperate for IPs you are reclaiming external space and buying out companies purely to gain some IPs.

Things do not last forever, especially if you get it from a third-party reseller. If you want something and you want it to last, you should go to the source.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2015

Maounique said: TinyTunnel_Tom said: cancelation request going in for you to get another IP free.

Mission accomplished. We don't have to kick anyone, they leave by themselves.

If that was/is the case, they were undervalued, or hmm, maybe they overpaid.

There should be value in keeping in clients & having the customer DB.

ricardo said: If that was/is the case, they were undervalued, or hmm, maybe they overpaid.

When ARIN was giving IPs like candies, many DCs were setting up scams to get them "in use", i.e. 5+ per VPS so they can hoard more.
    If Crissic was such a scheme, then the dirty work was done by someone else, so QN can claim at an audit they have no knowledge of this and protect their other ranges if Crissic's were to be reclaimed. But it is unlikely an audit to happen, ARIN is just happy they are done with it.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2015

Put a value on the IP space, and ask whether that would be a viable business plan?

FWIW there's still a handful of shell providers going around that'd be cheap acquisitions, before they fade away.

I am not sure how much profit this will bring, it depends on how long IPv6 adoption will take, at current growth rhythm a long time, but this is a critical mass issue, once traffic over IPv6 exclusively will be 10-15%, many people will have to put it in the mix, major content providers use it etc.
    Currently, in EU it costs over 10 Eur to get an IPv4 while renting is less than 1 Eur a year. If I were to buy 1 IPv4 now and invest 10 Eur, will be able to recover my investment only after 10 years, while investing 10 Eur in my business now will bring some revenue this year and each year after that (if my business is profitable, of course).
    Presuming the US people got the IPs more or less free and they can sell for 5 dollars, this is some serious profit, half a million dollars for 100 k, so, it is worth it, but for a provider which needs IPs only for their operation, it is not.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I fail to understand why people did rent ARIN space from third parties instead of going directly.

Owning your IP space, specially when it was so cheap in your region, says a lot about business continuity plans. Also, you get some value for the future instead of a liability.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Nyr said:
    I fail to understand why people did rent ARIN space from third parties instead of going directly.

Owning your IP space, specially when it was so cheap in your region, says a lot about business continuity plans. Also, you get some value for the future instead of a liability.

Agreed, however I assume those end clients didnt want to do any long term deals or didnt want to go through the same paper work that ARIN (or other RIR's require)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Nyr said: I fail to understand why people did rent ARIN space from third parties instead of going directly.

Lots of upfront costs. While in the long term it's worth it to spend $3k, for some it's just cheaper/easier to deal with $60 per /24 or what have you and not have to deal with justification, ASN costs, etc.

ARIN is fairly picky about you being multi-homed before you qualify, and if you're singlehomed, you need to justify a /20 or so before you get approved (at least that's how it was back in the day).

ARIN is also very strict on VPS providers, they seem to really really hate seeing /32's defined and they give many providers a very hard time over it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1adly

@techhelper1 said:
    Things do not last forever, especially if you get it from a third-party reseller. If you want something and you want it to last, you should go to the source.

True however we can't get IPS from arin, they don't support my country, however it doesn't mean third-party don't show some respect to whoever selling to.

Thanked by 2Francisco DomainBop
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Francisco you are right, but I still think that if it was my business, the peace of mind would outweigh the bureaucracy.

Anyway, I tend to worry about the long term more than many humans :)

edited August 2015

Upfront and recurring costs. If you have to pay every year thousands for a /22 of which you need only 100-200, then you would better rent a 24. People will continue to rent and there is a lot of supply, many sit on hundreds of thousands they have a hard time finding users for.

IPv4 in ARIN are are like oil, everyone is afraid it will run out, everyone is fighting for controlling the fields (pools), everyone knows it will be obsolete soon, everyone has more than needed and continue to find schemes to prolong the usage (shale/NAT) and to avoid the change (renewables, IPv6). In the end, some people benefit, many lose, but oil producers and IPv4 hoarders have a rather unexpected (for some) bad run lately...

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • @key900 said:
    True however we can't get IPS from arin, they don't support my country, however it doesn't mean third-party don't show some respect to whoever selling to.

Uhh... They do. QN gave notice to Crissic clients saying to stop and return the IP blocks. I don't know what else you're asking for? You make it sound like Crissic's IP blocks were your life line. Anyways... Nothing is stopping you from getting IP blocks from Sentris.

edited August 2015

@techhelper1 said:
    Uhh... They do. QN gave notice to Crissic clients saying to stop and return the IP blocks. I don't know what else you're asking for? You make it sound like Crissic's IP blocks were your life line. Anyways... Nothing is stopping you from getting IP blocks from Sentris.

Look i don't ask for anything just explaining!

• karaborekarabore Member
    edited August 2015

techhelper, i think the problem was mainly the unprofessional nature of saying they won't change any crissic customer services not two weeks ago. Then suddenly change their minds.

• I wonder how soon before they change their minds about running VPS services for people. I sure hope that people have made arrangements in the event that this happens.

• Let me see if I understand this right.
    1. Multiple pages about the buyout was just to get the IP's.
    2. Shock because the company that paid to get the IP's for their servers actually wants the IP's to be used on their servers?

Must be some kind of LowEndLogic here. All I've read was that the server side would remain the same for now. Heck tomorrow QN may be the new buyout.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Coffee said:

That looks like typical outsourced support to me...

• There is outsourced and there is incompetent. Take a guess which one applies.

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • miaumiau Member
    edited August 2015

-