Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buy bitcoin with paypal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buy bitcoin with paypal?

ShamimShamim Member

where can i buy bitcoin with paypal balance?

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner

Comments

• Paypal you can charge back, bitcoins you can't so no one really trades bitcoins for PP.

• Your only luck would be a friend or someone else offering to sell you a few bitcoins via PayPal, otherwise than that I don't know a single service which offers that. Do not forget that selling Bitcoin over PayPal breaks their ToS, as they do not allow to use their platform to operate a currency exchange. Other users discovered that already, as you can see here.

Thanked by 1busbr
  • Unlikely to find anywhere. The common method is PayPal -> Gift Card (ie: $50 TARGET) -> Sell to vendor who buy's gift cards for BTC -> repeat.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • souensouen Member
    edited August 2015

There's VirWoX (buy another currency with Paypal and then exchange it to BTC), not sure if legit. An awkward workaround.

A few people here used to accept Paypal to BTC with other trusted members, maybe someone might be willing to work out something with you. As black said, it's a bit difficult to buy BTC with Paypal.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited August 2015

@souen said:
    An awkward workaround.

Another workaround I saw is asking the buyer to open a chargeback and immediately close it again. Must look extremely suspicious on PayPals side, but it ensures that the buyer is no longer able to chargeback (as you can only do that once).

EDIT: An alternative would be for example localbitcoins.com, local sellers from your place. You can either meet them & pay in RL (slight risk of meeting a strange kind of guy) or bank transactions.

• Check around local bitcoin exchanges around you. lot of online services are there but don't keep your BTC in their wallet. Move all your BTC to Blockchain or store in cold wallet.

• NeoXiD said: Another workaround I saw is asking the buyer to open a chargeback and immediately close it again. Must look extremely suspicious on PayPals side, but it ensures that the buyer is no longer able to chargeback (as you can only do that once).

That's a method used by scammers, actually. They try to make the seller believe he's safe to send the BTC, but the PayPal is stolen or from a stolen CC so a real chargeback follows, which PP has no control over.

• @Traffic said:
    That's a method used by scammers, actually. They try to make the seller believe he's safe to send the BTC, but the PayPal is stolen or from a stolen CC so a real chargeback follows, which PP has no control over.

I heard about sellers requesting that from buyers aswell, that's why I mentioned it. Obviously I don't recommend it at all, so if anyone chooses to go this russian-roulette-like way... Good luck.

• Four20Four20 Member
    edited August 2015

virwox.com
    high rate, and the first time you buy, you have to wait 24/36 hour I believe, before you get your BTC.

wesellcrypto.com
    You have to be verified though, check https://wesellcrypto.com/limits for info.
    If you are only buying no more than $15 a day, you will only need to send them a message from your Paypal email.
    And yeah, they dont sell BTC, only altcoins, so you have to buy any altcoin then convert it to BTC using an exchange, if you want an instant exchange you can use shapeshift.io.

else you have to go on forums and find an exchanger, obviously in the beginning you will have a hard time finding someone who would sell you BTC, but you can start buying small amounts to build your reputation. check bitcointalk currency exchange section if you don't know any forums.

• @eversmile_host said:
    Check around local bitcoin exchanges around you. lot of online services are there but don't keep your BTC in their wallet. Move all your BTC to Blockchain or store in cold wallet.

why?

• How to avoid fraud at localbitcoin?
  • Keeping bitcoins in btc exchanges is very risk. lot of scam happened in past.

pick your area people from localbitcoin and transact via direct meeting.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited August 2015

NeoXiD said: Must look extremely suspicious on PayPals side, but it ensures that the buyer is no longer able to chargeback (as you can only do that once).

If the money is from a credit card they can chargeback with the credit card company. Paypal will reverse such a payment. In the US even bank wires can be reversed so if that's the funding source you can reverse that as well.

reversible and irreversible payment methods don't mix.

you want to buy bitcoin tell us your country and we'll tell you where to buy it from. but be warned it's not as convenient to buy as you are used to when shopping online with your cc or paypal.

• WSSWSS Member

ButtcoinForexShoeEmpire.onion

• @Quebex

Spam, spammity spam spam spam!

• Wirex, but with verified account.

This discussion has been closed.