Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how many hitleaps can I run in a Dual X5650?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how many hitleaps can I run in a Dual X5650?

lewissuelewissue Member
edited August 2015 in General

I got a customer who wants to run hitleap with OpenVZ... is there anybody who knows well about it?

for those guys who don't know what's hitleap

• it's an autosurf. you browse other people's website automatically with vps, then other people will browse yours.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

• @AnthonySmith said:

I runned 30 hitleaps myself... I opened this thread to confirm if I can run 75 or so, but 24 is really impossible, may be you haven't tried? I suggest you to try it. just xfce+wine can make it work

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Thanked by 1lewissue
  • @netomx said:

:o, only 42? ok, thx for advice

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

Ok, you can run 200 if you want but anything over 24 will have diminishing returns, maybe 36 at a push, from what I see each instance will use 70-80% of a cpu thread, you have 24 threads you also need to run the host OS.

So yeah, after you approach almost 100% x 24 you are just slowing down other instances to run another.

Hitleap is BADLY written, you can't fix that.

• SadySady Member

36D

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Ok, you can run 200 if you want but anything over 24 will have diminishing returns, maybe 36 at a push, from what I see each instance will use 70-80% of a cpu thread, you have 24 threads you also need to run the host OS.

So yeah, after you approach almost 100% x 24 you are just slowing down other instances to run another.

Hitleap is BADLY written, you can't fix that.

wow are you kidding?

I saw the CPU usage at 20% to 40% per vps. if you get 70% to 80%, please contact me at my skype, I can try to help you decrease this cpu usage

• @lewissue you've now money to pay for dedicated server? I remember the times when you asked for FREE VPS every minute, hour, day, year!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • lewissuelewissue Member
    edited August 2015

@alexvolk said:
    lewissue you've now money to pay for dedicated server? I remember the times when you asked for FREE VPS every minute, hour, day, year!

man, I never asked for FREE VPS, just for DIRT CHEAP VPS.

and btw, I've been in VPS business and selling them for 14 months now, so I have money to buy my dedicated server last year

• Around 24 I think. As far as I've heard. Hitleap is a CPU intensive program.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

what disk and ram setup you have there ?

• @drserver said:
    what disk and ram setup you have there ?

4 * 1TB

RAM? I can get as much as I can if the CPU can load it

• LeeLee Veteran

If you already thought you knew better then why open a thread asking for opinions...

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

@lewissue said:
    RAM? I can get as much as I can if the CPU can load it

These are 78 x 512mb ram hitleaps being held on a Dual x5650, ofcourse they're ssd and windows 2k8 r2

• @BharatB is that @drserver hitleap dedicated ?

• So... completely off topic: what kind of sites do you guys make hitleap visit in return?

Has it do with SEO or something? Because if you're visiting your own site only you will know, right?

• There is an SEO angle, so I can see the practical use there. User signals like bounce rate, time on site, indications of general user satisfaction are a part of modern search engines, particularly ones that have a huge number of datapoints and data sources like Google.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • I don't think hitleap is effective on Google ranking. Haven't used it but by the look, you're running on a network range that isn't for consumers. So google will surely think you're trying to cheat. (Please confirm. I have no idea about hitleap structure)

• Latest news from Hitleap is that they will block the IP from datacenter/hosting, and only allow normal resident IP

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited August 2015

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Latest news from Hitleap is that they will block the IP from datacenter/hosting, and only allow normal resident IP

More latest news from Hitleap is that they allow any IPs but now limited to 2 sessions (2 different IPs) per account.
    edit: 5 sessions for premium accounts, or purchase session slots separately.

• Does that related to new software or to old ones too?

That would be amazing actually, less trash traffic in a world!

• @classy said:
    So... completely off topic: what kind of sites do you guys make hitleap visit in return?

Has it do with SEO or something? Because if you're visiting your own site only you will know, right?

yes, SEO, it can increase your PR / Alexa

@BharatB said:

wowow, that's great. 78 is really unexpected number. I will bring SSDs for my plans

@alexvolk said:
    Does that related to new software or to old ones too?

please don't gloat about that:( it's really a disaster for us botting men

• @alexvolk said:
    BharatB is that drserver hitleap dedicated ?

@BharatB is a dedicated seller himself.

• increase your PR

Links increase PR, not visitation.

• @ricardo said:
    Links increase PR, not visitation.

nope, my mate botmen told me that this can really increase your SEO data.

and specially, jingling / ipts are also utilized to do so

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@alexvolk said:
    BharatB is that drserver hitleap dedicated ?

nope -_-

• @alexvolk said:
    Does that related to new software or to old ones too?

They all follow the session slot scheme now...

Those trash traffic would probably come back once they release linux version of their viewer...

• nope, my mate botmen told me that this can really increase your SEO data.

Read up on some papers on Pagerank then. Pagerank is all about links. Best not spread misinformation.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • How is hitleap different from running curl in a loop?