Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo 2015
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo 2015

edited August 2015 in Providers

Upon my sysadmin's recommendation because of the performance of an app with contabo I went ahead and ordered their biggest vps pack.
I was unable to recall they were giga international.
Do they still suck a some said in an old thread ? They said they heavily oversold.
Has someone been capped? Planning to max their connection.

Comments

• I have a server with them, and i am satisfied.. the server has around 160 days of uptime.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @Catalin said:
    I have a server with them, and i am satisfied.. the server has around 160 days of uptime.

Thanks. I'm more concerned about what happens when you max out their bw in their biggest plan and how responsive the vps is.
    What do you make use of it for and which plan do you have?
    Thanks

• @inthecloudblog Some benchmark please.

• They asked me for ID ( pics) and to enter again all my personal data. Still don't have the box.
    Other than severbear let me know which bench you want

• They claim they do cap the connection if you do so.

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

• @Traffic said:
    They claim they do cap the connection if you do so.

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

Thanks. I was already aware of this but wanted to know practical use cases. I know of some providers who say they will cap and they don't

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Thanks. I was already aware of this but wanted to know practical use cases. I know of some providers who say they will cap and they don't

Why risk it though? Just plan accordingly and get a plan where you're guaranteed to get the resources you need.

• inthecloudblog said: Thanks. I'm more concerned about what happens when you max out their bw in their biggest plan and how responsive the vps is. What do you make use of it for and which plan do you have? Thanks

I use to host some websites for some of my clients.. and i have the lowest package.

• @inthecloudblog said:

Well said . The fact is that I use downstream 90% so they might have some free inbound.

• elgselgs Member

I have two servers with them. I am totally happy with them.

• Usage?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

Of course it is oversold - You won't get 20GB RAM and 2TB HDD for not even 25EUR. Nowhere, especially not with German power pricing.

I had the largest package, IO was not bad but not good either, network was pretty good off-peak to horrible on-peak (German times) - Was kicked like a week after for getting DDoSd (true) and they refunded me the setup fee but iirc not my first month payment.

• @inthecloudblog said:
    I know of some providers who say they will cap and they don't

You're talking about OVH, aren't you..

• Many don't. I haven't ever used ovh..

• @William said:
    I had the largest package, IO was not bad but not good either, network was pretty good off-peak to horrible on-peak (German times)

I have a similar experience with respect to their network, my VPS with them often drops out of the network for 1 hour or 2 at a time. Thankfully I don't host anything important there, but I still think that they should be better than that.

• I ordered this during the weekend still have no news about my box :S

• @inthecloudblog said:
    I ordered this during the weekend still have no news about my box :S

They 100% don't work (provisioning) the weekend.. You need to give at least 3 days from Monday as that's a business day.

• Odd thing I only thing I received from them was the paypal confirmation and an email from them making duplicate questions and a picture of my passport , ID or whatever.