Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a html5/css coder to help me add one thing to my design.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a html5/css coder to help me add one thing to my design.

Hello! Looking to add a "mega-menu"-dropdown to a current html5/css design. I can provide examples of what I want. Let me know if you can do this!

PM me with a quote and your skype. No quote/skype, no response.

Thanks!

Comments

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited August 2015

How could anyone give you a quote without seeing your design and examples of what you want?

• Its adding a single feature to a preexisting design. If you don't know what a mega menu is, you probably haven't been designing long enough for me to be interested anyways.

If that's not enough, quotes can be given hourly if you really think this will take longer than an hour.

• @Jonchun said:
    Its adding a single feature to a preexisting design. If you don't know what a mega menu is, you probably haven't been designing long enough for me to be interested anyways.

Lol I very well know what it is. Asking for a quote before giving details of what you want (on top of "no quote no response") just didn't seem right to me, that's all.

• @Jonchun said:
    If that's not enough, quotes can be given hourly if you really think this will take longer than an hour.

If you're expecting someone to code a mega menu in an hour, you're in for a surprise. Hopefully you mean you want someone to plug in a ready made mega menu.

• @deadbeef said:
    If you're expecting someone to code a mega menu in an hour, you're in for a surprise. Hopefully you mean you want someone to plug in a ready made mega menu.

It's not a full mega menu. And yes, all I need is for someone to plug one in.

A more accurate description would be: 2-3 column sub-menu rather than a mega-menu I guess.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @Jonchun said:
    A more accurate description would be: 2-3 column sub-menu rather than a mega-menu I guess.

This should do the trick: http://codecanyon.net/item/pure-css3-mega-menu/4199647

• decent, but not looking to change my current menu. need someone to add a dropdown to my current menu.

• Bootstrap? Fairly trivial, add a few classnames and ul/li tags. I'll take $500 for it.

• @ricardo said:
    Bootstrap? Fairly trivial, add a few classnames and ul/li tags. I'll take $500 for it.

Cool. Go get rich.

• shafireshafire Member
    edited August 2015

I can do it too for $750 + VAT if you reside in EU.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @shafire said:
    I can do it too for $750 + VAT if you reside in EU.

I'm in the US.

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited August 2015

Jonchun said: Its adding a single feature to a preexisting design.

Sorry, first thing I thought of (and experienced).

• @Silvenga said:

Not sure how this is related?

• ATHKATHK Member

5000 hours @ $240 an hour is my quote. Take it or leave it.

• @ATHK said:
    5000 hours @ $240 an hour is my quote. Take it or leave it.

I'll leave it. You're also the third person to post the same joke. Come up with something original next time.

Thanked by 1Brad
  • ATHKATHK Member

Joke? I was being serious.

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • Jonchun said: Not sure how this is related?

From my experience, that picture accurately represents many requests that I receive from non-technical individuals. One features quickly becomes a redesign or many features bundled together (i.e. maybe the structure of the code wouldn't allow for an easy change, what was originally wanted wasn't what was needed, etc.).

I'm not saying this request is one of the above, only that I immediately thought of that picture when I saw it. I found it amusing and the world needs more funny things.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited August 2015

@ATHK said:
    Joke? I was being serious.

Ah I see. You need help then if you think someone like you is worth that much.

@Silvenga said:
    I'm not saying this request is one of the above, only that I immediately thought of that picture when I saw it. I found it amusing and the world needs more funny things.

True, except I was pretty clear that it was a simple request. I ended up just doing it myself. I was gonna pay some dude like 50 bucks or whatever, but let's just too full of trolls.

• ATHKATHK Member

@Jonchun said:
    h I see. You need help then if you think someone like you is worth that much.

Well its hard to quote without knowing details.. So .. You kind of deserve being trolled.

Thanked by 3mikei Peroni angrysnarl
  • Usually, we quote 5 Million Euro for a feature, we do not want to do. One time, a hidden champion wanted to take this offer...

Now @Jonchun, you saved money. Allow yourself to enjoy quiet and relaxation worth of $500. See you in one week again.

• @shafire said:
    Usually, we quote 5 Million Euro for a feature, we do not want to do. One time, a hidden champion wanted to take this offer...

Now Jonchun, you saved money. Allow yourself to enjoy quiet and relaxation worth of $500. See you in one week again.

I don't speak Engrish.

@ATHK said:
    Well its hard to quote without knowing details.. So .. You kind of deserve being trolled.

The job was to add a 2-3 column "mega-menu" to an existing navbar. I understand that there is no one-size-fits-all, but most designs are standard enough to give a quote based on that information alone. It's the same as when people offer "WHMCS Integrations for $30". Not every design is the same, but it's standard enough so you can do a basic integration within 30minutes-1hour. If you can't do it, just refund the payment. Simple.

• Well it was funny :) because there's a lot of mega menu scripts out there from bootsnipp to other sites all you have to do is pick one and customise it with css.. which you could do and did do, why shouldn't they have a laugh :D.

• ATHKATHK Member

@Jonchun said:
    The job was to add a 2-3 column "mega-menu" to an existing navbar. I understand that there is no one-size-fits-all, but most designs are standard enough to give a quote based on that information alone. It's the same as when people offer "WHMCS Integrations for $30". Not every design is the same, but it's standard enough so you can do a basic integration within 30minutes-1hour. If you can't do it, just refund the payment. Simple.

You can't .. Quote for someone else's work, people do things a lot different and they may or may not be slower or faster..

• I was gonna pay some dude like 50 bucks or whatever, but let's just too full of trolls.

What's been said already. Just offer 50 bucks and say it'll take 1 hour, then you save time and maybe lose out on haggling down to $20.

Thanked by 2deadbeef angrysnarl