Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


HostHatch - review: STAY AWAY! [Issue has been resolved]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

HostHatch - review: STAY AWAY! [Issue has been resolved]

karmakarma Member
edited August 2015 in Reviews

Very poor service and slow customer support! We ordered 5 August Sweden KVM VPS with directadmin. VPS were activated immediately, but the installation of DirectAdmin took almost two days to (allegedly), unfortunately, no one can access nearly VPS and customer support do not respond. I strongly recommend that you stay away from this establishment!

Facebook page deleted also take advantage of the feedback, it seems that they do not want to be accountable for their service offered!

Comments

  • FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited August 2015

    Proof? @Abdullah

    Software is like sex, it's better when it's free!

  • NyrNyr Member

    My (limited) experience with HostHatch has been nothing like this.

  • @karma Or they deleted it because they feel differently from their side of the story.

    If you have any support tickets to back your claim, preferably pictures then I'd suggest posting them here. They'll go a long way here on LET.

  • hosthatchhosthatch Member, Top Provider
    edited August 2015

    Hi - I've looked into this and the customer is correct here. I'm going to fix this now.

    EDIT: But are you sure the review was deleted from Facebook? I can still see it there? I will follow up with an explanation of the issue in your ticket shortly.

    Thanked by 1XiNiX

    Deploy excellent quality VMs in 14 global locations - hosthatch.com

  • I've been a customer for over half a year and I've had very positive experience. Although, they had some network issues with their upstream provider. About 14 hours ago, my vps was jumping up and down for two hours. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing and would totally recommend them. They just expanded to Hong Kong too.

  • NyrNyr Member

    A bad review with a good and easy ending and no further drama. I can't believe what I'm seeing here!

  • @Nyr haha :P

  • @Nyr said:
    A bad review with a good and easy ending and no further drama. I can't believe what I'm seeing here!

    this isn't LET. where's the attacks ? where's the swearing from Nekki. where's the video from dillyNOB. nice to see a host fess up and fix it though

    Thanked by 14n0nx

    free trial zilore monitoring

  • Bruce said: nice to see a host fess up and fix it though

    @Abdullah Let's giveaway 10 VPS plans in Sweden to celebrate! :D

    vrtz.net Cheap VPS Servers Offers - now with EXCLUSIVE offers! (all links are aff links)
    $12/year HostUS Deal (768MB RAM+768MB vSwap)$11.29/year GestionDBI Deal (768MB RAM)

  • OP - please edit thread title to RESOLVED instead of STAY AWAY

    Thanked by 1Quinten

    free trial zilore monitoring

  • itgodsitgods Member
    edited August 2015

    @drazilox said:
    I've been a customer for over half a year and I've had very positive experience. Although, they had some network issues with their upstream provider. About 14 hours ago, my vps was jumping up and down for two hours. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing and would totally recommend them. They just expanded to Hong Kong too.

    Same here. Except the issues with their upstream provider in Sweden I've no problems at all and my NL VPS runs also fine!

    I am looking forward to the new HK VPS and the upcoming VPS in Australia.. :)

    +1 @Abdullah and HostHatch ♥

  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Provider
    edited August 2015

    This > @Abdullah said:

    Hi - I've looked into this and the customer is correct here. I'm going to fix this now.

    Great Job. Keep it Up.

    @AnthonySmith , Kindly change the Thread Title to something more appropriate.

    XiNiX™ InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since - 2005 ) : Virtual & Dedicated in United States / Europe & India

  • my initial experience was really good with hosthatch, unfortunately after their hdd crash everything went downhill, the support was really slow, 2+ weeks to answer a ticket... Several attempts were made to request a restoration from an old backup but it never happened so I left them. I would not recommend them as of today.

    Professional lurker

  • mikhomikho Member, Provider

    Thread title has been updated since Hosthatch admitted they were at fault and worked with the customer to fix the issue.

    I can now be found at https://talk.lowendspirit.com
    or on twitter
    Come say HI! :)
  • chipchip Member

    I have to say I have two machines with hosthatch and their customer service is sometimes hit and miss, however I have that few issues it's not been a problem and for the low price I can't complain.

    Chip

  • hosthatchhosthatch Member, Top Provider
    edited August 2015

    @Makkesk8 said:
    unfortunately after their hdd crash everything went downhill, the support was really slow, 2+ weeks to answer a ticket...

    Can you please give me the ticket ID which took 2 weeks? It would be very unlikely for a normal support ticket to take that long.

    That was one of the very few bad times we've had with support (but hours delayed, not weeks). I along with the team were in Amsterdam at the time the crash happened. As I remember, it was 3 AM when 6 out of 8 drives failed on SSD11. We had arrived at 2 AM to the hotel after a 15 hour drive from Stockholm and we were all tired, but after trying everything hoping that it was a fault with the RAID card, it wasn't and there wasn't much we could do. Please do keep in mind - no host would be able to do anything if 6 out of 8 drives in a RAID 10 array crashed. So we set up all the affected VPSs from scratch on a new node.

    We do not advertise backups and customers are supposed to have their own. However, the ones that contacted us saying that they have none, we asked if older backups would help, and if so, we can check if we have them. The server these were on was an old one that was no longer in use, which is why there was a delay. I think this should not reflect on our normal support since it was something we never promised in the first place. After the SSD11 crash, we've been configuring backup servers in each location (we still do not advertise backups, however). Our support is also back to normal and we've added one more support person (Martin, you will see him around) so you won't see any delays in general tech support. We launched Hong Kong a few days ago and before even thinking of a new location, I made sure we were on the top of our game.

    Makkesk8 said: so I left them.

    I really hope I can change that. It was one bad patch of time and limited to one node. Whenever something has gone wrong, I am the first to admit if it's our fault and work on how we can improve for the future. Please do give us another try, we won't disappoint you again.

    @chip said:
    I have to say I have two machines with hosthatch and their customer service is sometimes hit and miss, however I have that few issues it's not been a problem and for the low price I can't complain.

    Chip

    The support won't be sometimes hit or miss now, it will be an average responding time 24/7 - let me know if you see any extended delays.

    Deploy excellent quality VMs in 14 global locations - hosthatch.com

  • hosthatchhosthatch Member, Top Provider

    As for the OP, here is the situation:

    He ordered a server with us which was set up instantly. The server was ordered with a Direct Admin license and the client requested installation. When installing it, we realized that the IP he was assigned was nulled because of the previous client on it being terminated for child porn. While we normally have complete control over our IPs, this IP was nulled by the upstream because of a legal notice and we had to contact them to get the null removed.

    After it was removed, we installed Direct Admin (there was a short delay in license activation on Direct Admin's billing side) and delivered it to the client. The IP however was still not working correctly and there was some filtering on it, which was blocking most of the ports. The IP should have been either fixed or changed right away, but it wasn't and this caused the client to post this review here and on Facebook.

    I've re-setup his server with a new IP and have given him 6 months credit for compensation including the Direct Admin license, just to prove that this is not our normal level of service. This is one of the isolated issues, which as you can imagine, can happen with any hosting provider but we don't hide from our mistakes, we learn from them. I did not try to argue with the client here, I simply admitted it was our mistake here, because it was.

    Deploy excellent quality VMs in 14 global locations - hosthatch.com

  • @Abdullah said:

    I really like you coming out and pretty much saying you guys fucked up, However... I still really feel that this shouldn't have happened and yes... incidents happens and in this case 6 out of 8 drives failed.
    The point is, Your support department should have been sufficient to handle stuff like this, Since its obviously not... its something you should look into to resolve before you lose more customers when incidents like this one happens.
    I'm a reasonable guy and I liked my time with you guys and I do need a Swedish location still but... I wont jump into bed with hosthatch before you offer more guarantees for us customers. And I was wrong about the 2 weeks, its actually 11 days.

    Here's the ticket id: 834285
    I also want to point something out before you comment about the ticket, The content of the ticket does not matter. The lack of caring does.

    Good luck!

    Professional lurker

  • @Abdullah said:
    As for the OP, here is the situation:

    He ordered a server with us which was set up instantly. The server was ordered with a Direct Admin license and the client requested installation. When installing it, we realized that the IP he was assigned was nulled because of the previous client on it being terminated for child porn. While we normally have complete control over our IPs, this IP was nulled by the upstream because of a legal notice and we had to contact them to get the null removed.

    After it was removed, we installed Direct Admin (there was a short delay in license activation on Direct Admin's billing side) and delivered it to the client. The IP however was still not working correctly and there was some filtering on it, which was blocking most of the ports. The IP should have been either fixed or changed right away, but it wasn't and this caused the client to post this review here and on Facebook.

    I've re-setup his server with a new IP and have given him 6 months credit for compensation including the Direct Admin license, just to prove that this is not our normal level of service. This is one of the isolated issues, which as you can imagine, can happen with any hosting provider but we don't hide from our mistakes, we learn from them. I did not try to argue with the client here, I simply admitted it was our mistake here, because it was.

    The service now works, and we will continue to use the service agreement, and I hope that similar problems will not arise. Abdullah is a quite sensible person and I wish him success in their ventures!

  • There goes our weekend entertainment...

    I'm here to collect your heart

  • HostHatch guys are really great, next to @drSever and @Francisco - best professionalists around (in my opinion). I can't wait HH's Hongkong KVM and Australian KVM, which they are working on.

    RC5 cracker since 1998!

  • WHTWHT Member

    Regarding to your comment (June 30) in the other thread faild also 6 drives in Raid10? This is the first time I hear something like this.
    Am sure you are using Raid0 with your SSD drives. No one is so nood to louse 3 SSD drives for raid10 and to sell vps for 3/month :)

  • hosthatchhosthatch Member, Top Provider

    @Nyr said:
    A bad review with a good and easy ending and no further drama. I can't believe what I'm seeing here!

    @Bruce said:
    this isn't LET. where's the attacks ? where's the swearing from Nekki. where's the video from dillyNOB. nice to see a host fess up and fix it though

    @DalComp said:
    There goes our weekend entertainment...

    Why give up already guys? There is still hope.

    WHT said: Regarding to your comment (June 30) in the other thread faild also 6 drives in Raid10? This is the first time I hear something like this.

    Perhaps it would be a better idea to read more carefully? Since we are still talking about the same SSD11 issue, that my comment on June 30th was about?

    WHT said: Am sure you are using Raid0 with your SSD drives.

    Well if you're sure, can't really say anything against that. You obviously know our complete setup.

    Deploy excellent quality VMs in 14 global locations - hosthatch.com

  • @WHT you probably haven't seen that @Incero was down with their N+1 systems.
    Shit happens sometimes even if you've good setup.

    Thanked by 1vimalware

    Here lies @alexvolk, the member that was questioning shady hosts. Looks like he is banned now? Enjoy it now, more scam - more entertainment! May we meet again!

Sign In or Register to comment.