Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10 problem + Kis 2015
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows 10 problem + Kis 2015

Windows 10 disabled my KIS2015. It was a legit product that i paid and still had 600+ days in it. How do i find the KIS product key now that windows deleted the exe as well?I had no access to my KIS account.

Comments

• o.O windows disables programs now?

• if you bought KIS's key online, you should have its key in your mailbox. Also try to disable windows defender. :)

• DBADBA Member

You should have installed the latest version before upgrading, as mentioned here: https://usblog.kaspersky.com/windows-10-compatibility/

That said c:\windows.old should contain everything from the old version of Windows so you could take a look there.

• You must download the latest version of KIS 2015

• sinsin Member

4n0nx said: o.O windows disables programs now?

When you upgrade to Windows 10 it will disable known incompatible programs so they don't cause any problems.

• this site is really for vps and not windows 10 help

• mrsdoyle said: this site is really for vps and not windows 10 help

says who, who made you the boss around here now?

Thanked by 2netomx doghouch
  • Maybe the registry keys are still intact. Give this a try https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@William said:

He is a big troll, just look at his posts

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

No issue here with KIS2015 (Kaspersky Internet Security) and w10, and managed to updated to KIS2016.

• Fuck 10-th return to earlier versions

• @netomx said:
    He is a big troll, just look at his posts

It's like it's the only thing @mrsdoyle says :p

Thanked by 1netomx
  • cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited August 2015

Thanks guys for the replies. I uninstalled kis2015 and downloaded the installer(which had the same file name as the old installer in 2014). The new installer had a built in patch for windows 10. The old one would just install half way and quit. Apparently my cdkey is region locked, and kis2016 is yet to be released in my region, so i have to use kis2015 now.

Oh the reason i didnt have the key in the first place was because i bought the retail product with the key in the box. I threw the box and never bothered to create an account on Kaspersky website.