Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to login to Kimsufi and ipsystemsltd
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unable to login to Kimsufi and ipsystemsltd

A friend of mine got a little worried about todays discussions about ipsystemsltd. He got a Kimsufi KS-2 since 2012 for 'production' och a 1GB VPS from ipsystemstld for 'test'.

Hence he interested in trying to get a KS-1. But he can't login to kimsufi.com and the password reset doesn't seem to work either. He can login to ovh.com though. I seem to remember something about this being because the companies split up last year or something.

If he can't find a KS-1 he would like to find a new VPS in Iceland or Germany for not that much more than he pays ipsystemsltd now. He don't really need the additional IP's and I've checked exoticvps.com.
Iceland looks out of the question as EDIS seems to be the best bet there. Although probably good and stable it's a bit out of budget.
There seem to be a bit more to choose from in Germany, but I can't really decide upon one so I wonder if anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• what price does he pay for IPSLTD now?

Thanked by 1shell
  • AeneAene Member

Not sure about the exact amount. But it was some special offer so I think it is something like $10/year. He can go up a bit, but thought 8 euro/month(for EDIS) was a bit much. So maybe something in between.

• anything close to $10gb/year will be difficult for 1GB RAM in IS/DE (I think mainly because of high IP costs in Europe)

Could get this with Leaseweb in Germany for 32EUR/yr (coupon SAVE40)

• A kimsufi server for production is a pretty bad idea as the probability that something breaks soon is pretty big.

Regarding the login.. Maybe they had technical problems and will have it fixed soon. Otherwise contact support.

It's pretty incredible how many threads are being created so quickly regarding IPSys, getting annoying.

Don't really get why Iceland or Germany? There's a lot between if it's because of the connectivity? Netherlands, France, Belgium, UK, Ireland.. Or is it because of the free speech or something?

• AeneAene Member

@nexusrain said:
    A kimsufi server for production is a pretty bad idea as the probability that something breaks soon is pretty big.

True, but as long as it's for personal production so to say and he keep backups. It seems a bit hard to find a dedicated server in Europe with the same specs for around the ssame price. Or maybe I'm just bad at looking.

Don't really get why Iceland or Germany? There's a lot between if it's because of the connectivity? Netherlands, France, Belgium, UK, Ireland.. Or is it because of the free speech or something?

He likes to go to Iceland on vacation think Germany is a stable country. :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Aene said:
    He likes to go to Iceland on vacation think Germany is a stable country. :)

I was not expecting this kind of reasoning at all.

• @Nyr said:
    I was not expecting this kind of reasoning at all.

I choose all locations for my servers according to my holiday preferences and think that this is completely normal. What other reason could one have? ;-)

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Amitz said:
    I choose all locations for my servers according to my holiday preferences

That could get expensive real quick :)

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Nyr said:

Yep. No more spare money for real vacation since then. But at least my servers have it good. :-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AeneAene Member

@Nyr said:

That's why you set a budget :)