Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft Windows 7 or 8 Keys For Cheap
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Microsoft Windows 7 or 8 Keys For Cheap

CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

This might be a stupid question but is there a web site that offers Genuine Microsoft keys? at discounted rates?

Comments

• I once bought a bunch of keys from some guy on reddit - worked fine, were not KMS and not already used (and only sold once, i activated 2 machines and 3rd didnt work then, as with any key). Can search out the post/user if you want, but i don't know how 'legit' it is.

• Sent you a PM ;) Let me know.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

Hey Thanks guys, fraghostsolutions sorted me out!

• PM sent.

• https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

User "s5ean" is a really good and reputable seller, He's legit and keys get's delivered fast. Source: My own experience.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited August 2015

@fraghostsolutions sent u a pm

• Directly from MS, but not sure they are still offering since Windows 10 is now out.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I want but not educational

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I can't believe windows 7 costs 20 Dollars, I just can't.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2015

@Maounique said:
    I can't believe windows 7 costs 20 Dollars, I just can't.

I don't know how people get these keys, but there are so many loopholes for Microsoft licensing it's just insane. Would love to know all of the little loopholes myself. I bought two licenses from someone on LET that lasted me a couple years before I ruined them by installing too many times ;)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

William said: I once bought a bunch of keys from some guy on reddit - worked fine, were not KMS and not already used (and only sold once, i activated 2 machines and 3rd didnt work then, as with any key). Can search out the post/user if you want, but i don't know how 'legit' it is.

Probably someone selling their MSDN or DreamSpark keys.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I don't know if its allowed , If anyone is looking for Keys(Microsoft) , Feel free to contact me :)

Thank you

Jar said: I don't know how people get these keys, but there are so many loopholes for Microsoft licensing it's just insane. Would love to know all of the little loopholes myself. I bought two licenses from someone on LET that lasted me a couple years before I ruined them by installing too many times ;)

If you don't know, you can be sure police doesn't know either. As someone watched by big brother, I must not have anything they can cling on and force them to plant something instead.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • If I buy Windows 7 or 8 key do I get to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or would I need to buy Windows 10 key straight off?

edited August 2015

You should be able to upgrade if it is genuine.

Windows 7/8/8.1 keys WILL NOT work with Windows 10 download link  

But they may work with the update/install.
    I read reports cracked copies work for upgrade, i think Microsoft considers spyware will pay by itself.

Thanked by 2GM2015 netomx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Makkesk8 said: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

User "s5ean" is a really good and reputable seller, He's legit and keys get's delivered fast. Source: My own experience.

They started a monopoly/closed market when /r/softwareswap closed. They don't allow external sellers there to keep the price up and they have a very big business going. I know because I competed with them and always had lower prices.

Jar said: I don't know how people get these keys, but there are so many loopholes for Microsoft licensing it's just insane. Would love to know all of the little loopholes myself. I bought two licenses from someone on LET that lasted me a couple years before I ruined them by installing too many times ;)

You got them from me :) Most keys sold at lower prices are not retail, but some people has access to retail too, like I do. Technically they can't be resold, but...

Kupol said: If I buy Windows 7 or 8 key do I get to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or would I need to buy Windows 10 key straight off?

You can do the free upgrade, yeah.

• pcanpcan Member

@Maounique said: I can't believe windows 7 costs 20 Dollars, I just can't.

20$ is the price for the key, not the license. A genuine Windows license does cost a lot more, of course. By the way, a Microsoft auditor will not even bother to check if the keys are activated or not; it does check the license instead, and a 20$ OEM key bought on Internet from a unauthorized seller without the COA will not fit the requirements of a genuine license.

If Windows is installed on a VPS, please read the official Microsoft documentation about Windows 10 licensing for virtual machines:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/learn-more/brief-windows-virtual-machine.aspx

The Microsoft official statement (page 2 of the referenced PDF document) is: "OEM licenses do not permit remote access to a Windows virtual machine running in a data center". That's as clear as it can be.

Windows 10 on a VPS requires Windows enterprise licensing (with active SA) or a Windows VDA subscription. Installation on rented hardware in a datacenter is allowed only by selected volume licensing programs.

@Kupol said: If I buy Windows 7 or 8 key do I get to upgrade to Windows 10 for free?

Yes: you need to install Windows 7 or 8, activate it with a genuine key, then upgrade to Windows 10, activate again, and finally extract the new Windows 10 product key, generated during the update. Now you may continue using the updated Windows 10, or reinstall from scratch using the Windows 10 iso and the new product key.

• They're all over eBay.

pcan said: Yes: you need to install Windows 7 or 8, activate it with a genuine key, then upgrade to Windows 10, activate again, and finally extract the new Windows 10 product key, generated during the update.

However, coupled with what you said above, it will still not be a valid license, since you have to show to the auditor the original key, either as a COA or the one in BIOS (proof of purchase with the laptop/server/etc where it must mention the OEM license or the recipe for a retail package from an authorized MS outlet).

• pcanpcan Member

Maounique said: However, coupled with what you said above, it will still not be a valid license

That's correct: a key bought on Internet from a non-Microsoft authorized seller is not a license. It may activate the software, but there is no paper trail to show at the audit, so it is useless in a work/business environement.

Thanked by 2netomx eLohkCalb
  • this site is really for vps and not windows licenses

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • You can buy reinstallation DVDs. They're made for reinstallations of the OS, but you can install the OS with them as well. Key included and legit. Win 7 from r. DVDs is running on my PC and laptop since years, everything fine. You can get Win 7 using this method from 6€ on ebay (buy now, no bidding), Win 8 from 20€, 8.1 20€ as well (including shipping fee).

• @pcan said:

or reinstall from scratch using the Windows 10 iso and the new product key.

Actually no need to have the product key. Just click skip whenever asked for a key, and it'll activate itself automatically after booting into the system, using the hardware identity.

• Anyone know how do i extract windows 10 key?i updated to 10 but no idea if it is same or different from my previous version.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

@cosmicgate said:
    Anyone know how do i extract windows 10 key?i updated to 10 but no idea if it is same or different from my previous version.

You could try https://www.magicaljellybean.com/
    I'm not too sure if it works on Windows 10.

@cosmicgate said:
    Anyone know how do i extract windows 10 key?i updated to 10 but no idea if it is same or different from my previous version.

You can't, the previous key doesn't work for W10 and a new one is not generated for you. Activation is based on hardware ID and a generic key is used.

Thanked by 2deployvm TarZZ92
  • CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

I bought a few keys through G2A...they are legit

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

davenz said: I bought a few keys through G2A...they are legit

You sure?

I used to buy keys (not OS, but games) on G2A, I don't know how many of those games are still on my account, a lot of them was removed by suppliers due to stolen/free key resold/unpaid invoice to the supplier/ etc. reasons.

If you haven't paid close to the retail price you most probably have stolen key. Far from legit.

@Clouvider said:
    If you haven't paid close to the retail price you most probably have stolen key. Far from legit.

MSDN ≠ stolen