Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIJX customers moved to AlphaRacks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RIJX customers moved to AlphaRacks

A few hours ago I got an e-mail from RIJX informing me that they'd sold, and shortly after another mail from AlphaRacks like this:

We would like to take this opportunity to warmly welcome all RIJX customers to AlphaRacks! In case you were not aware, today, we announced that AlphaRacks Hosting has acquired the RIJX Assets & Customer Base!

This is the second changeover in a short time, but the service has been fine so I'm not too worried. Nevertheless, anybody know anything about AlphaRacks?

Comments

• Ishaq said: Recent thread:

That's one nasty thread there. I hope most of those comments are flippant. We'll see how it turns out.

A quote from the first e-mail:

As part of the restructuring process, the users of the current iteration of RIJX VPS services have been entrusted to the care and continued service of AlphaRacks (www.alpharacks.com) Please note that as of this time, for the majority of customers, we do not expect there to be any changes to your service including but not limited to IP address changes. Your customer portal accounts, however, are being merged and integrated within the AlphaRacks customer portal, which we believe you will find to be very similar and allow you to make you way through the portal as if it were the palm of your hand.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited August 2015

As someone with insider information - both the clients being moved and the current AlphaRacks clients/setup are being heavily invested in, in both time, effort, money and other promising enhancements.

I hope and feel that shit should come out strong in the new arrangement and structure on that end of things.

RIJX itself has divested itself of the its current operational assets (clients+servers) to give it the freedom(flexibility) to evolve into something new and different at a different "class" of services.

Just passing along actual facts for whoever actually ends up reading this and not falling into the "yay, pass the popcorn drama".

Thanked by 2Ole_Juul thagoat
  • @ItsChrisG At this point can you give us a hint as to what you plan to do with RIJX?

• @Ole_Juul said:
    ItsChrisG At this point can you give us a hint as to what you plan to do with RIJX?

As I understand it, RIJX will be continued except with much higher quality hardware/network and probably less focused on the let market.

• @ItsChrisG are you going to sell other brands too?

• @alexvolk said:
    ItsChrisG are you going to sell other brands too?

Alex, are you in LA? Come visit my operation and datacenter.

Maybe then, after I pick your jaw off the floor, you'll stop being a little troll and either just stfu and stop following me like a dumped in the ghetto dog no one wanted or at least stop posting nonsense.

Get dressed tho, you're going to be late for your shift at Wendy's again.

• oh and btw @alexvolk -- remember all the nonsense you were posting in the ipsystemsltd thread -- how do you feel now?

Thanked by 1yomero
  • OK, so Chris isn't going to let the cat out of the bag about where he's going with RIJX, but I would have thought that Mister AlphaRacks would have had something public to say about the exciting future in store for his new customers.

• Ole_Juul said: I hope most of those comments are flippant.

I wish my comments were flippant. Unfortunately I had a terrible experience with AlphaRacks. Hopefully with this new acquisition they will turn things around. I wish them luck.

• lbftlbft Member

ItsChrisG said: RIJX itself has divested itself of the its current operational assets (clients+servers) to give it the freedom(flexibility) to evolve into something new and different at a different "class" of services.

Er, why would you buy a tiny company only to ditch everything except the name? Is coming up with a new business name that hard?

• how do you say rijx

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2015

lbft said: Er, why would you buy a tiny company only to ditch everything except the name? Is coming up with a new business name that hard?

He has been doing this for a while now, over and over with different hosts here and other places. Slicebox was another one of such companies. He doesn't give a shit about the companies he just wants to buy up all the assets cheap. Part of their program is also to kick out any customer on any unsustainable product... for Slicebox they bought all the assets and lied to the owner that they were going to keep the customers and then failed to honor existing contracts and forced customers to download their data and get out.

TL; DR:

He only wants the assets and in some cases the customers, but mostly the assets and ips. #WINNING

Cheers!

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @thelinuxbug

Do you read and understand what you wrote?

"he kicks out any customer on any unsustainable product..."

RIGHT -- a company made a stupid move, sold something UNSUSTAINABLE (IE:NOT POSSIBLE TO OFFER) and then paid the obvious price - going out of business.
    That is not my fault.

However, me buying the ASSETS of a FAILING/FAILED business --** BUT THEN GIVING THE OLD CUSTOMERS ACCESS (AS BEST AS POSSIBLE) GET THEIR DATA** .... makes me the bad guy.

Get a clue kid. The original company fucked up and sold shit thats not sustainable.
    You bought it thinking there was going to be magic to keep it alive.
    Well, the magic never came and reality kicked you in the face.

Then I gave you the opportunity to get your data and not lose it completely (and NO, NOT CONTINUE TO RUN A BUSINESS IN THE SAME MANNER THAT JUST CAUSED IT TO FAIL).

Someone get the spray gun and paint me as the bad guy ASAP.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited August 2015

@lbft said:
    Er, why would you buy a tiny company only to ditch everything except the name? Is coming up with a new business name that hard?

Sometimes you need to look past the dirt mound, to find the hidden treasure.
    I always carry a shovel with me.

OR FUCK IT, maybe I just don't know what I'm doing and just graduated from Devry University (after having transferred from ITT Tech). Thank god for government subsidies and unused balances on my student loans to fund all these purchases!!!!!

• GStanleyGStanley Member
    edited August 2015

lbft said: Er, why would you buy a tiny company only to ditch everything except the name? Is coming up with a new business name that hard?

Like I said in my thread the other day, over the last year or so people would have literally paid you to build as many VPS' as you can, granted they have your street adress to get IP justifications, but the market's fallen out, since IP hoarders sucked things dry.

It's not worth a few /23's and /24's with your balls in a clamp from ARIN analysts to keep a bunch of dirt-cheap clients on unsubstainable plans. Think XVMLabs, you think those machines will be around in a year or two, or in stock again anytime soon? Gotzman dropped RIJX clients as soom as the ARIN fun was over. Saw that one coming.

Looks like Gotzman used the RIJX customer info, street adresses in Phase 4, to get a bunch of space (across /19, /20, /22's, sucked the well dry with some /23's and /24's too) for guess who? 'AlphaRacks !' - IPs provided by one of our Delaware LLC friends Zeniva and announced single homed to Psychz. I'm sure he put down a /29 or something for each customer with those amount of IPs for a small brand that tanked.

BTW, having space in OW with CoreSite isn't hard. It's the network blend that matters when you lease space from what is basically a realty company. And you're rocking single home Psychz mate.

Throw in.... Any other carrier and we'll start taking you serious. Fuck, I can't stop getting emails every week from a Zayo rep. You are well connected, I'm sure you could make things happen in terms of an extra transit provider or two to stop getting shit... or calm down with your responses. Either or.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @ItsChrisG said:
    oh and btw alexvolk -- remember all the nonsense you were posting in the ipsystemsltd thread -- how do you feel now?

Remember that you accused another company (no matter who are they) while same time doing same thing (selling hoarded ips) ?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@ItsChrisG said:
    Alex, are you in LA? Come visit my operation and datacenter.
    Maybe then, after I pick your jaw off the floor, you'll stop being a little troll and either just stfu and stop following me like a dumped in the ghetto dog no one wanted or at least stop posting nonsense.

Get dressed tho, you're going to be late for your shift at Wendy's again.

You always seem to have the need to brag about your assets, how you can pay other partners travels and expenses, etc...

Like you really need validation or something. Just something I have observed over time.

Nothing wrong with working at Wendy's, by the way. It's as needed as a bunch of servers, if not more.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

In the hosting business, and any internet business, you need strong nerves, if you lose it like this in public, will come back to haunt you at some time.
    It might be a place where "third world" untermenschen try to get a too good to be true deal and not worth your attention to control yourself as you think, but it is still part of the internet.
    When some suits will come to do business with you and ask their untermenschen paid by the hour to look you up, this crap will come up one way or the other.

Thanked by 2alexvolk vimalware
  • ItsChrisG said: The original company fucked up and sold shit thats not sustainable.

I figured that out originally when she posted her offer here, and then later we saw your buyout. I thought then that perhaps you could make it work somehow. I do understand your business logic, and that's fine, but if this venture is indeed not sustainable I wonder what's in it for AlphaRacks. What do they get out of it? Perhaps more important, what do I get out of it?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Ole_Juul said:
    if this venture is indeed not sustainable I wonder what's in it for AlphaRacks. What do they get out of it? Perhaps more important, what do I get out of it?

The hosting provider buying the clients and assests are usually doing it to increase their own client base. More people to send marketing emails to and so on.

A large client base can be used when asking for quotes regarding renting/buying/colo, a larger amount of clients usually means more business for the one who rents out/sells/colo location and/or hardware.

The one who sells the clients can always contact them at a later time. Ever read in a TOS that you as a customer allows that the companys partners are also allowed to contact you?

So, last question; whats in it for you? A chance of "upgrading" your spam filter to remove all the new marketing emails that will be sent to you?!

• mikho said: A chance of "upgrading" your spam filter to remove all the new marketing emails that will be sent to you?!

Sounds good! Actually, I use Clawsmail so spam isn't the problem it is in a more mousey environment (just hit delete button).

So far RIJX has been fine. Only 10 bucks a year and I just use that one for a personal postfix server anyway. If I encounter any problems I've got it in the back of my mind to move to a RamNode OpenVZ SSD VPS for only 15 bucks.

• Its almost a 2nd year with them. It has been great still surprised but hey

• @Ole_Juul said:

My post about unsustainable was regarding thelinuxbug's post which is unrelated to RIJX/AlphaRacks, but the purchase of the assets from Slicebox (dedicated servers - separate situation)