Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage VM like time4vps but in the US?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage VM like time4vps but in the US?

I'm looking for a storage VM similar to Time4VPS' recent offer but I need something in the US since most of my servers are in North America. Any offers?

Comments

• What size and what budget/

• I was looking at the 0.5TB plan, ~20 USD / year.

• You need 500GB disk space for around $20/year? I can handle that for you. One ip address, 2tb bandwidth, 512mb ram. Would that be fine? This would be a single core setup. In Dallas or Atlanta.

• XFS_Duke said: You need 500GB disk space for around $20/year? I can handle that for you. One ip address, 2tb bandwidth, 512mb ram. Would that be fine? This would be a single core setup. In Dallas or Atlanta.

Can you post full specs and price? (inb4 sarcasm)

• XFS_DukeXFS_Duke Member
    edited August 2015

Would be the following

CPU Cores: 1
    Disk: 500GB
    Ram: 512mb
    Bandwidth: 2tb
    IPv4: 1
    Port Speed: 100mbps
    Price: $20 per year.

Message me if you want it. Can get it setup for you right after payment.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • What a miracle.. Someone's looking for an offer available in EU to be similar available in US. Normally it's always the other way round.

• xfs_duke can you do it for 19 I have one buck short :-(
    $19.66
    -50 cents for transaction pm me a link if possible

• @nexusrain said:

Market is changing. U.S. is going to very high quality at high prices, in europe the price seems to be the most important value (not for all customers fortunately)

I'm receiving always more often quote request fro EU or Asia customers like "i want E3 with lot ram and lot space and i have 30$ budget" or "i want vm big as hypervisor in ha enviroment at 1$ mo.." . U.S. customers says "what's your average reply time?" "uptime?" etc...

• matteob said: Market is changing. U.S. is going to very high quality at high prices, in europe the price seems to be the most important value (not for all customers fortunately)

I'm not sure it's the "market" so to speak. It depends on the type of customers you get and the target audience.

• @XFS_Duke said:
    Would be the following

CPU Cores: 1
    Disk: 500GB
    Ram: 512mb
    Bandwidth: 2tb
    IPv4: 1
    Port Speed: 100mbps
    Price: $20 per year.

Message me if you want it. Can get it setup for you right after payment.

Would this be vz or kvm? If it is KVM I want it as well. Also, any raid?

• It's OpenVZ. KVM would be more expensive. All our servers are RAID 10.

• @black I'd say Backupsy.

• FoulFoul Member

I can offer you 500GB HDD / 2 vCPU / 1GB Ram for $20/yr (OpenVZ)

Dallas or North Carolina.

• Foul said: I can offer you 500GB HDD / 2 vCPU / 1GB Ram for $20/yr (OpenVZ)

Full specs please? Port speed / CPU model / RAID? / How long has your company been in business?

• A bit more expensive than you planned, but their the US data center is quite good.

HostHatch storage vps

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015

karma said: A bit more expensive than you planned, but their the US data center is quite good.

HostHatch storage vps

Are you kidding? Time4VPS 500GB storage - $20/yr, HostHatch 500GB storage - $110/yr.

• camjac251camjac251 Member
    edited August 2015

@XFS_Duke said:
    It's OpenVZ. KVM would be more expensive. All our servers are RAID 10.

How much would it be for 2TB or 4TB?

• Please send me a message and I will get back to you in the morning. I'm not at my desk to work up a quote

Thanked by 1adamskalicky
  • FoulFoul Member

black said: Full specs please? Port speed / CPU model / RAID? / How long has your company been in business?

Been going on since 2013, just never a big advertiser.

Dallas

SATA
    Raid 10
    1GBPS
    CPU = Dual E5-2620

North Carolina

SSD
    1GBPS
    Raid 10
    CPU = L5420

Would be willing to spin up a test one for you for a few.

Shoot me a message if you'd want the website.

• @Foul said:
    North Carolina

>

SSD 1GBPS Raid 10 CPU = L5420

Is that 500GB SSD for $20/year?

• FoulFoul Member

DalComp said: Is that 500GB SSD for $20/year?

I don't have anymore of the SSD's available for this in the NC location since i'm out of stock & don't want to overcrowd the nodes.

I have plenty of room in the Dallas location however.

[root@test]# ,/specs.sh
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2000.065 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1536 MB
    I/O speed :  852 MB/s

• I decided to go with a redundant setup. When the primary server fails, the system will automatically switch to a backup server with degradated performance until the main server is back up, rather than to wait for the main server to come back up then restore from backups.

Feel free to continue this discussion.

Thanked by 1Foul