Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for EU VPS/VDS with good CPU for game server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for EU VPS/VDS with good CPU for game server

Hi!

I am hosting a server for a game called Don't Starve Together. At the moment I am using a VPS from NFOservers, with 2 dedicated E5-2690 v2 cores, but I am looking for something better.

The game is single-threaded, so I need a VPS with a CPU that has better single-thread performance than that E5 (an Intel Core i7-4770 or an Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3, for example). I don't need much RAM, 2 GB are enough. I also don't need much disk space, 20 GB are fine, but I would prefer to have an SSD. In terms of bandwidth, 1 TB/month should be enough.

The VPS must be somewhere in Western Europe, the country doesn't matter all that much; Germany, France, UK, etc. - they're all good.

In terms of price, it should be lower than 60 euros/month, the cost of a dedicated SYS server with a 4790K CPU (it would be overkill for my needs, since I'll only run one instance of the game server).

Can you please help me find what I'm looking for? Thanks!

Comments

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited August 2015

contabo. i got a 4930K, as said E5 is very slow.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited August 2015

edit: disregard

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited August 2015

We can do the following for you in France:

RAM: 2048 MB
    CPU: 2 cores, E3-1245v2 (3.4 GHz)
    Bandwidth/mo: 2048 GB
    Storage: 20 GB, SSD

Virtualization: KVM

Network Speed: up to 1Gbps
    DDoS Protected

Test IP: str-fr.verelox.com
    100M File: http://str-fr.verelox.com/100mb.img

Control Panel / Features: http://verelox.com/features.php

Price: €0.0118/hour (~ 7.99 EUR per 28 days)

You may drop me a PM if the package suits your needs and I'll happily set it up for you.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

With your budget we can provide

-4 Vpcu

-4 Gb

-150 Gb

-100 Mbs unmetered

more info on https://express.ikoula.com/en/virtual-server

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Hey @GoreMotel, personally I'm a DST fan too :))

Why don't you have a look at the £29 SALE server we have in London? https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited August 2015

@Clouvider said:
    Hey GoreMotel, personally I'm a DST fan too :))

Why don't you have a look at the £29 SALE server we have in London? https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-salededicated-servers-sale

Sorry to post this randomly, but given that the majority of this forum uses usd, it would be a great courtesy to put a rough USD equivalent next to your pricing. This definitely isn't the first time I've been clickbaited by lower numbers only to find its not even/barely let pricing. Maybe its just me, but its something to consider.

• Jonchun said: Sorry to post this randomly, but given that the majority of this forum uses usd, it would be a great courtesy to put a rough USD equivalent next to your pricing. This definitely isn't the first time I've been clickbaited by lower numbers only to find its barely let pricing. Maybe its just me, but its something to consider.

Sorry to post this randomly, but given that the majority of this forum uses U̶̶S̶̶D̶ EURO, it would be a great courtesy to put a rough U̶̶S̶̶D̶ EURO equivalent next to your pricing. This definitely isn't the first time I've been clickbaited by lower numbers only to find its barely let pricing. Maybe its just me, but its something to consider.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

Frecyboy said: Sorry to post this randomly, but given that the majority of this forum uses U̶̶S̶̶D̶ EURO, it would be a great courtesy to put a rough U̶̶S̶̶D̶ EURO equivalent next to your pricing. This definitely isn't the first time I've been clickbaited by lower numbers only to find its barely let pricing. Maybe its just me, but its something to consider.

Sorry to post this randomly, but given that the majority of this forum uses U̶̶S̶̶D̶ EURO RMB, it would be a great courtesy to put a rough U̶̶S̶̶D̶ EURO RMB equivalent next to your pricing. This definitely isn't the first time I've been clickbaited by lower numbers only to find its barely let pricing. Maybe its just me, but its something to consider.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited August 2015

Ontopic: Runabove Sandbox uses e3-1230v3 's, and my Prometeus openvz box got also an 1230v3

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Barely LET pricing? AFAIK the £29 LET Special is within LET guidelines.

• Maybe you can see Time4VPS

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

GoreMotel said: The VPS must be somewhere in Western Europe, the country doesn't matter all that much; Germany, France, UK, etc. - they're all good.

Where are you/your gamers based? What kind of latency is needed for your game?

• @Frecyboy said:

Nice try. Read the rules. Euro/USD nearly 1:1 anyways so your point is moot even if it were valid.

@Clouvider said:
    Barely LET pricing? AFAIK the £29 LET Special is within LET guidelines.

Keyword barely. That's roughly $45 or so. For shitty specs while you're at it.