Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let the flood of urpad vps resellers begin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Let the flood of urpad vps resellers begin

24khost24khost Member
edited November 2012 in General

Are you a web hosting company who is looking to expand into VPS hosting but don't want to deal with the large upfront costs and overhead associated with it? Are you looking to create VPS hosting accounts for your friends, family, or co-workers? Want to have a flexible solution where you are in control of how you manage and utilize your resource pool? You've come to the right place! Introducing URPad's new VPS reseller plans!

Easily access your resource pool and have access to create VPS instances in the following 5 different locations with ease:

Los Angeles, CA
Kansas City, MO
New York City, NY
Maidenhead, UK
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland

URPad is the ONLY VPS reseller solution out there offering such a geographically diverse option for you. All of our servers and IP addresses are 100% whitelabel. Perfect for reselling to your friends, family, co-workers, or even customers! Thanks to our expertise, you can start creating/selling VPS's today, instantly with very little investment and overhead! We look forward to partnering with you.

View our plans here (Start selling and creating VPS instances from just $14.95/m!): http://www.urpad.net/vps-reseller.shtml

For more information + screenshots, see: http://www.urpad.net/blog/urpad-net-...eseller-plans/

Any questions? Email [email protected]

Comments

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited November 2012

@FTN_Kevin you have 3 plan but the advanced plan get's 5 more ip's than really needed and drives up the cost you can sell each of the 10 plans by a dollar.
    why?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Ugh.

• @joepie91 You don't like that from the sounds of it?

• This is nothing new. They had this up for.almost a year now.

• According to their ad on WHT it's new.

NEW Start selling VPS! VPS Reseller in 5 Different Locations! (US/EU) | <-- HOT!

• According to chris, even their master reseller is new. Ad template, get used to with it

@24khost said: @joepie91 You don't like that from the sounds of it?

I very much dislike reseller plans in general.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited November 2012

Kevin mentioned they had this over at WHT premium section quite a while ago, maybe just promoting it now. I like the idea of it for my own use however the issue with solus is that you can create whatever vps’s you want within the resource pool however if you want to upgrade/downgrade resources you need to ask the host as solus does not have the functionality so it defeats the purpose of you being in control if that makes sense.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited November 2012

Well on there standard plan you can break it up into 5 vps at 3.99

12gb Space
    409.6 ram
    619.2 burst
    150gb BW

• @24khost said: Well on there basic plan you can break it up into 5 vps at 3.99

Max allowed VPS on Basic plan is 3

• @gameon said: Max allowed VPS on Basic plan is 3

According to the resources he listed, it seems he's talking about Standard plan :D

400 x 5 = 2GB
    600 x 5 = 3GB
    150 x 5 = 750GB

• sorry fixed it.

• @24khost said: Well on there standard plan you can break it up into 5 vps at 3.99

12gb Space

409.6 ram
    619.2 burst
    150gb BW

Still there's no explicit profit here ? or am i missing something :D

• These reseller deals often are indicative of problems with a provider.

reselling to your friends, family, co-workers, or even customers! >

Geekdom is a funny place. Your friends, family and co-workers all love them some VPS'es ehh? Doubt it.

Funny that customers come last there after playtime.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Reselling is probably bad for both provider and customers.
    The provider gets tons of abuse and the customer has a lot of wait time and miscommunication along the chain.
    It might sound cool at first and many ppl really manage it well, but I would never buy from a reseller.

• Well that's christmas presents sorted...

edited November 2012

Let me elaborate on my issues with reselling... there are several reasons why someone would be a reseller instead of operating a hosting company themselves, none of which are a good thing:

• No financial capital to back a hosting company (then wtf are they doing in the hosting industry to start with, and what if they run out of funds?)
    • No manpower to run support etc (end result: horror host with non-existent support)
    • No technical knowledge (do you really want to host your services with someone that doesn't know anything about the service he's supposedly operating?)
    • No interest in running the service for an extended period of time (self-explanatory, deadpool hosts)
  • Where's the Thank buttom @joepie91.

You hit the issue squarely on the head.

• Seems outdated service to me like reselling shared web hosting.

• I think part of this business model is that people won't buy from the people that are resellers. so they make $15.00 a month and the person who is purchasing the reseller package makes nothing.

• @joepie91

That's a very good post, I completely agree, but selling resellers to people who honestly think they're smart enough is just so easy.
    You just give them a reseller and they actually think they know a lot about hosting and will fail in about 2 - 3 months, you did got some resources sould then.
    Customers come and go :)

• if you have $15-20 to risk and try to become the next "rich & famous" web hoster you can just throw them at some dual core with 2-4GB RAM and try :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@qhoster said: if you have $15-20 to risk and try to become the next "rich & famous" web hoster you can just throw them at some dual core with 2-4GB RAM and try :)

Atoms are cool.

• @24khost I've had VPS reseller plans for about a good year now. They just weren't advertised until about a few months ago once they were revised.

In July I had them revised and started advertising them.
    Ref: http://www.urpad.net/blog/urpad-net-introduces-vps-reseller-plans/

The reseller plans have been very popular. Some of my largest VPS reseller clients actually are not hosts but use it for projects which require multiple VM's.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2012

@Jack said: soluslabs are you going to add this to your next release ;)

We're building an open source enterprise panel and will have this feature and more. Will be making an announcement on it soon. It will be featured pack, optional paid support/features and support for custom development.

• LeeLee Veteran

@FTNChris - Which was my point earlier, I think it's likely more popular with people who want multiple vps in different regions for their own projects than for reselling although of course that will be a part of it.

Love it or hate it Solus will remain the panel of choice, it's what the end users are comfortable with and the numbers confirm that. An open source panel will need to be pretty damn amazing and instill massive confidence before anyone will consider changing. Those that are and can are developing their own for their own use.

• RosenCruzRosenCruz Member
    edited November 2012

Are these flooders on LEB / LET or am I missing something ?

I am just wondering. No offense to anyone.

@W1V_Lee said: Love it or hate it Solus will remain the panel of choice, it's what the end users are comfortable with and the numbers confirm that. An open source panel will need to be pretty damn amazing and instill massive confidence before anyone will consider changing. Those that are and can are developing their own for their own use.

That's what people said about HyperVM, 3-4 years ago.

• LeeLee Veteran

Indeed however choices were different then and opportunities fewer. Solusm wont be going anywhere soon.

• @W1V_Lee said: Love it or hate it Solus will remain the panel of choice

Well we really do hope so. It's been a pretty good month for us in regards to progress on a major upgrade!