Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why wait Friday? OpenVZ SSD 1GB VPS, 40% OFF recurring and more
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Why wait Friday? OpenVZ SSD 1GB VPS, 40% OFF recurring and more

prometeusprometeus Member, Provider
edited November 2012 in Offers

Prometeus.com, since 1997 is focused solely on high-quality, high-reliability web services and professional consulting. Our network and servers are tuned specifically for maximum performance, and our policies ensure that we remain as efficient as possible.

We are located in Milan, Italy and have 5 racks colocated in the largest campus/internet exchange of Italy. We are LIR (RIPE NCC member) and do BGP with our Autonomous System Number (AS34971) and a total bandwidth capacity of 10Gb.

This time the offer is focused on the VZSSD7 OpenVZ plans backed by SSD storage. Nodes are E5 with SSD hardware array.

Common features
Distribution: debian 6 (32/64 bit), ubuntu 10.04/11.10/12.04 (32/64 bit), centos 5/6 (32/64 bit), HostInABox Kloxo Centos 32 bit, TurnKeyLinux and more...
Control Panel: SolusVM
Virtualization: OpenVZ
Supported: TUN/TAP/PPP/FUSE
Type: Unmanaged
Provisioning: automatic upon payment is completed
Node connectivity: 1Gbit

Plan: VZSSD7
CPU: 4 Core
RAM: 1024MB
VSwap: 512MB
Hard Disk: 25GB SSD
IP addresses: 1 IPv4, 4 IPv6 (more on request)
Dedicated internet bandwidth: 3000 GB

Price: €5.34 ($6.90) / month, using the promotional code 40NOVLET
Price: €14.40 ($18.6) / quarter, using the promotional code 40NOVLET

Order here

Additional special codes for existing clients only
4 x 50NOVLET (50% recurring instead of 40%)
2 x 60NOVLET (60% recurring instead of 40%)

The only accepted payment method is Paypal. VAT 21% is added if you are an EU citizen/company without a valid VAT ID.

Servers are located in Italy, Milan.

*** Download test can be run with the following urls ***

http://mirrors.prometeus.net/test/test10.bin
http://mirrors.prometeus.net/test/test100.bin
http://iperweb.net/test/test10.bin
http://iperweb.net/test/test100.bin

Test IPv4: 194.14.179.254 or 195.88.4.7
Test IPv6: 2a00:dcc0:eda:89::254:1

This should be all. If you need more info ask, PM, or open a ticket.

Thanks

S.

IperWeb & Prometeus, Hosting Provider since 1997. iwStack cloud infrastructure

Comments

• Amazing offer, especially with 60% off to existing clients!

• Look at all that SSD space! A very decent looking plan.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• Is promotion only available to Plan- VZSSD7?

http://www.buyvm.info | Buy Virtual Machine Information: Reviews & Promotions

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Provider

@prometeus I think your conversion pricing for monthly costs is wrong. 5.34 EUR != 5.90USD

Just a heads up

VPN.sh - Secure and Affordable VPN services - £9.99/year, Unlimited Bandwidth, 20+ Countries - Order Link

• @airski said: Is promotion only available to Plan- VZSSD7?

Yes.

Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Provider

@liamwithers said: Just a heads up

we use a fixed rate and don't change it very often (nor we link USD to EUR) so we take gain or loss on exchange. The usd price was fixed when the plan was released some time ago... :-)

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Provider

@prometeus what I mean though is the rates on monthly and quarterly do not match.

Monthly conversion is roughly 110%, quarterly is roughly 130%. Just an observation as it makes no sense to me. Fantastic offer btw :)

VPN.sh - Secure and Affordable VPN services - £9.99/year, Unlimited Bandwidth, 20+ Countries - Order Link

@liamwithers said: @prometeus what I mean though is the rates on monthly and quarterly do not match.

Monthly conversion is roughly 110%, quarterly is roughly 130%. Just an observation as it makes no sense to me. Fantastic offer btw :)

I'm sorry I didn't noticed. When a new line of product is released a lot of numbers and conversions are involved so some mistake is possible

• Damn. I don't need any new VPS, but this is so tempting... :)

-

• Thank you very much for this offer, bought one :)

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Thank you very much for this offer, bought one :)

The servers run in the corners and looking in fear where will your VPS land...

Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

• @Maounique : hahahahha...
    I promized, I will not abuse it this time.
    Just trying to get every deals from Uncle Sal.

Maybe 1GB for hosting my blog is too much :D

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: I promized, I will not abuse it this time.

Neah, it's OK, go ahead. If the servers were to crumble at every test, then we were in the wrong market.
    However, uncle did cancel someone which was running heavy benchmarks on cron.
    Even him finds that unacceptable.

• edited November 2012

I love the disk speed, it's 858MB/s :)

Did this special package will give the cpu speed to 1200 or is it using an idle technology? Because sometimes I can see it at 1200 and sometimes it's 2000MHZ

Yes, it was the cpu scaling :-)

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

I was out the whole evening and missed the 50/60 off coupons! When uncle post an offer, its really tasty!

• @prometeus hi, what's the link speed on the VPS (I see 1Gbit listed for the node) and what RAID level is the "SSD hardware array"? TIA

"Go cheap on rarely used things"

• @prometeus said: 4 x 50NOVLET

It said : # The promotion code entered does not exist #

• @kampung there were 4 VPSs with that discount code - assume it means they are already gone...

"Go cheap on rarely used things"

edited November 2012

@craigb said: hi, what's the link speed on the VPS (I see 1Gbit listed for the node) and what RAID level is the "SSD hardware array"?

the vps are not limited, they share the gigabit node speed. Raid10

@kampung said: 4 x 50NOVLET

as suggested, the code 50NOVLET was limited to 4 vps, I was not clear enough :-)

• As always, an excellent offer from an excellent provider. On the rare occasion I've had to lodge a ticket the replies are quick and helpful (well, except for that time I submitted a ticket to the 'Free Stuff Request' department ;)

• @craigb said: @kampung there were 4 VPSs with that discount code - assume it means they are already gone...

Ahhh..
    I feel stupid.

Thanks

• USD monthly payment on this is $6.90 a month BTW.

@pubcrawler said: USD monthly payment on this is $6.90 a month BTW.

Fixed :-)

Sorry

• MaouniqueMaounique Member
    edited November 2012

@lbft said: well, except for that time I submitted a ticket to the 'Free Stuff Request' department

I am sure that "Nobody" replied you soon, as stated :P

• How long will this offer be available for?

@Chronic said: How long will this offer be available for?

until the end of the next week :P

• @pubcrawler said: USD monthly payment on this is $6.90 a month BTW.

According to yesterday paypal exchange rate, it was $7.10

• Sounds right @kampung. Variable based on exchange rates, plus PayPal steps on the transaction additionally with a money exchange transfer fee.

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

uncle, thats a lot of SSD space for the price

@kampung said: According to yesterday paypal exchange rate, it was $7.10

the official exchange should be under $7 :-)

@jcaleb said: uncle, thats a lot of SSD space for the price

yes, consider two things:
    1) I bought a large ssd stock at a price tag comparable with the sas 2.5" disks
    2) this is a special offer, with the aim to fill the nodes fast

if sales goes well then it's a win/win opportunity :P

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited November 2012

More power uncle. I thought you will not be having crazy offers anymore =)

Im sure a lot did sign up, drooling to get their hands on 25GB SSD space

• @prometeus said: @kampung said: According to yesterday paypal exchange rate, it was $7.10

the official exchange should be under $7 :-)

No problem :)
    Nice plan.

edited November 2012

@jcaleb said: More power uncle. I thought you will not be having crazy offers anymore =)

if there are the conditions then I like doing offers like this one :-)

@kampung said: No problem :)
    Nice plan.

Thanks, hope you appreciate it :P

• Great offer! If I didn't already have 4 server with you I would have definitely ordered!!

I recommend Prometeus, the best provider ever!

• Oh, forget it, I ordered anyway. Shame the customer coupons were already used. Still, 40% is awesome!!

I recommend Prometeus, the best provider ever!

• @prometeus grabbed one of these last night because I couldn't resist, great deal, great spec & great service (1 non-critical ticket answered near instantaneously)

big fumbs up, thanks :D

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2012

@prometeus
    @maounique
    What processor do you use in those servers?

For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com

@Amitz said: What processor do you use in those servers?

We use E5 or E3 for SSD plans, at present the node that is filling up is a dual E5-2620

• Great! Thank you for the information! Just one further question: How much is additional bandwidth per TB?

Thanks in advance & kind regards
    A

For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com

additional 2TB are 5€ / month

• Yes, stupid me! :-) That was directly visible on the order page...
    Thank you, just ordered and received one! :)

For those who care:

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

25GB SSD is too much temptation....

@jcaleb said: 25GB SSD is too much temptation....

:-D

• Yeah, great offer, got myself one as well :) Thanks

• Is it the same quality as openvz BIZ VPS?

@JacobH said: Yeah, great offer, got myself one as well :) Thanks

good :)

@kampung said: Is it the same quality as openvz BIZ VPS?

The quality (hardware, etc) is the same. Biz are smaller nodes, less neighbors, etc. ;-)

• @prometeus said: @kampung said: Is it the same quality as openvz BIZ VPS?

The quality (hardware, etc) is the same. Biz are smaller nodes, less neighbors, etc. ;-)

Ah, just realized now that your non Biz OpenVZ VPS also use SSD.
    Just curious, why your Xen BIZ VPS don't have SSD, unlike the biz openvz and biz kvm?

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

Thanks again uncle for the great offer, I did order and expects to enjoy another good service from you