Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Cheap Wildcard SSL Certificate - Page 3
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Cheap Wildcard SSL Certificate

13»

Comments

• rm_rm_ Member

Ree said: Any idea if I need to validate each domain all over again if I want to add a new domain in the future?

Yes, or as mentioned earlier in the thread just get a cert for that one new domain, and then use SNI to determine which cert to send.

• ReeRee Member

Yeah I saw that suggestion, but the main reason I went to WoSign was to avoid SNI, which I was using previously and I was tired of saying "use Firefox or Chrome" when those diehard XP+IE users complained about my sites.

It's free, so I can't complain too much about having to re-validate. Definitely got easier once I switched to using the website validation instead of email validation, so I highly recommend that for anyone else who'll be validating in bulk.

• Gunter said: Spammers aren't even trying these days.

Honestly this made me laugh... :)
      But now his comment link is immortalized through the quote feature. Quick! Edit it to redact the link

Jacksonville VPS with 99.9% Uptime from $2/m

Brisbane? Nuremberg? Los Angeles too? Even the UK? That's right! Tons of locations for shared hosting

• rm_ said: Sigh, try to read already. WoSign supports 100 arbitrary domains/subdomains in one cert, StartSSL supports 1 domain + 1 subdomain in one cert.

Well, did read it but haven't been able yet to create something with another subdomain than www or with several subdomains.

Could someone tell me how to do that? (Or point me to the right post is it's already explained somewhere!)

Thanks a lot!

• @nexusrain said:
      pr0be The question isn't only the price, everyone can do his / her own SSLs, the question is how many browsers accept it.

If talking about the wildcard cheap price and browser compatibility then go with alphassl wildcard certificate http://www.cheapsslcouponcode.com/store/alphassl.com Price is lowest compared to others as well as provide 99% browser compatibility.

• @scotwhite said:
      Price us lowest compared to others

Uhm, what it HostMyBytes.com then? 5$/y for AlphaSSL Wildcard?

Got 2 Standard AlphaSSL in the meantime, they're working fine. Didn't find a browser yet which doesn't like them.

¦ x64Dash ¦

• ReeRee Member
      edited August 2015

@ben78 said:
      Well, did read it but haven't been able yet to create something with another subdomain than www or with several subdomains.

>

Could someone tell me how to do that? (Or point me to the right post is it's already explained somewhere!)

What have you tried? I just entered stuff like this into the Doman name: box and it worked fine.

domain1.com

domain2.com

www.domain2.com

asdf.domain2.com

jkl.domain2.com

domain3.com

www.domain3.com

etc...

(It'll say you don't need to add www.domain1.com, but presumably you need to for all the others)

And if by multiple subdomains you mean something like www.asdf.jkl.domain3.com ? I didn't try anything like that, but the validator doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Thanked by 1ben78
    • MakenaiMakenai Member
      edited August 2015

Traffic said: Android (older devices)

I would like to correct you regarding Android SNI support.
      There is an Apache library which is somewhat widely used in applications. The library doesn't have SNI support which is causing certificate issues when using Cloudflare SSL and other SNI SSL certificates.

Fortunately, HttpsURLConnection supports SNI since Android 2.3. Unfortunately, Apache HTTP Client does not, which is one of the many reasons we discourage its use. One workaround if you need to support Android 2.2 (and older) or Apache HTTP Client is to set up an alternative virtual host on a unique port so that it's unambiguous which server certificate to return.

https://developer.android.com/training/articles/security-ssl.html

Here's a widely used library which uses Apache HTTP client and I doubt it is the only one.

https://github.com/loopj/android-async-http

Thanked by 1Traffic
    • Ree said: What have you tried? I just entered stuff like this into the Doman name: box and it worked fine.

domain1.com

domain2.com
      www.domain2.com
      asdf.domain2.com
      jkl.domain2.com
      domain3.com
      www.domain3.com
      etc...

(It'll say you don't need to add www.domain1.com, but presumably you need to for all the others)

Thanks, tried the same and it works fine. Very nice. Thank you :)

• scotwhitescotwhite Member
      edited August 2015

@nexusrain said:
      Uhm, what it HostMyBytes.com then? 5$/y for AlphaSSL Wildcard?

True.

• @HostmyBytes Its not possible to buy more than 1yr?

• Make me become very currious of @HostMyBytes SSL... why it's so cheap compared with others. Tempted me to buy one.. haha...

• @emilv Currently one year is the only purchasing option

@Wira_Soenaryo Go ahead and grab one. We're often able to issue them within an hour, and you can pass them on to your clients. Pricing, however, is liable to change, as this is merely an introductory price.

Jacksonville VPS with 99.9% Uptime from $2/m

Brisbane? Nuremberg? Los Angeles too? Even the UK? That's right! Tons of locations for shared hosting

• No more 5$/y at hostmybytes? It's showing as 8.99$/y now..

• It looks like HMB is now reselling RapidSSL's @ $109.99/yr.

• My previous SSL provider had no support. I switch to SSL2BUY and not only do I get real support but I also get better pricing as well. I bought Wildcard SSL certificate at just $42 for a year. https://www.ssl2buy.com/wildcard-ssl-certificate/

• dj1812 said: My previous SSL provider had no support spammer

hey spammer how are you?

Let's bet which dot-name will collapse first ;)

• For real, who needs SSL support?

CEO of PT. Rokok Kopi Internet Tidur Tbk.

• @rokok said:
      For real, who needs SSL support?

It is phased out already...

vrtz.net Cheap VPS Servers Offers - now with EXCLUSIVE offers! (all links are aff links)
      $12/year HostUS Deal (768MB RAM+768MB vSwap)$11.29/year GestionDBI Deal (768MB RAM)

• HarryBannaHarryBanna Member
      edited March 2018

dicks offer cheapest dicks certificate in the market. Wildcard dicks starts from just $dicks per year

This discussion has been closed.