Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor Bugs - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor Bugs

Comments

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

I am on the latest version of virtualizor wtf are you on about?

I just clearly stated I informed virtualizor that rebooting production nodes is a bad idea. with virtualizor it's always the same reboot the node reboot the node reboot the node. It's the same god dam response everytime. I told the virtualizor tech that rebooting the node was a bad idea. rebooting it only made it worse it took the entire node of vps offline. instead of just 1 VPS now everything is broken.

And now virtualizor are screwing with another one of my clients servers. already lost me one client after waiting 5 days after their techs once again took another machine offline.

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

@jmckeag12 said:
    Another day another issue

root@s3:/home# virsh create /etc/libvirt/qemu/v1002.xml
     error: Failed to create domain from /etc/libvirt/qemu/v1002.xml
     error: An error occurred, but the cause is unknown

2015-10-02 11:30:44.021+0000: starting up
     LC_ALL=C PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/bin       QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none /usr/bin/kvm -name v1002 -S -machine pc-i440fx-   trusty,accel=kvm,usb=off -cpu host -m 1536 -realtime mlock=off -smp    2,sockets=2,cores=1,threads=1 -uuid 0dda3fb3-cbf3-4c64-a433-1644ca968a1b -no-      user-config -nodefaults -chardev     socket,id=charmonitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/v1002.monitor,server,nowait -mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control -rtc base=utc,driftfix=slew -global kvm-pit.lost_tick_policy=discard -no-hpet -no-shutdown -boot o      rder=c,menu=on,strict=on -device piix3-usb-uhci,id=usb,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2 -drive file=/dev/s3-vg/vsv1002-0ix3-fzvambm1re9oips4,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk0,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native -device virtio-blk-pci,scsi=off,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5,drive=drive-virtio-disk0,id=virtio-disk0 -netdev tap,fd=25,id=hostnet0,vhost=on,vhostfd=34 -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=00:16:3e:79:6d:29,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3 -chardev pty,id=charserial0 -device isa-serial,chardev=charserial0,id=serial0 -device usb-tablet,id=input0 -vnc 104.255.227.146:2,password -k en-us -device cirrus-vga,id=video0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x2 -device intel-hda,id=sound0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4 -device hda-micro,id=sound0-codec0,bus=sound0.0,cad=0 -device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6
     Domain id=45 is tainted: host-cpu
     char device redirected to /dev/pts/3 (label charserial0)
    qemu: terminating on signal 15 from pid 2162
    2015-10-03 03:48:23.924+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 03:48:53.208+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 03:49:00.479+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 03:49:14.708+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 04:10:16.769+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 04:11:17.959+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 04:11:31.239+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 04:12:35.080+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 04:12:41.425+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 04:12:51.359+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 04:13:16.253+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 04:15:31.392+0000: shutting down
    2015-10-03 04:16:39.872+0000: shutting down

I am getting sick and tired of this now. constantly having to submit tickets and nodes being rebooted by their support.

What's in /etc/rc.local on the node?

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • wychwych Member
    edited October 2015

Seems I can't add new slave nodes with any VM's on them, love the whitescreen of death.

For anyone with virtualizor whitescreen

&debug=died

may give you a pointer.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • Anyone else see a recurring view… when it's fixed: Virtualizor is the best… and then when they hit issue and issue they come and moan about it here?

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • wychwych Member
    edited October 2015

@Licensecart said:
    Anyone else see a recurring view… when it's fixed: Virtualizor is the best… and then when they hit issue and issue they come and moan about it here?

If you say so, I was more sharing a useful pointer of the debug. Funny you always pop along in these threads.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited October 2015

@Licensecart said:
    Anyone else see a recurring view… when it's fixed: Virtualizor is the best… and then when they hit issue and issue they come and moan about it here?

Sounds like you and Blesta... anything goes wrong or any features are missing and it's "already noted and on the roadmap for CORE-XXXXX" It's the PERFECT product right?

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited October 2015

@Licensecart said:
    Anyone else see a recurring view…

Yes, whenever Vitrualizor is mentioned, you make your disdain known. We get it, you don't like them.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @SolusVM said:

#!/bin/sh -e
     #
     # rc.local 
     #
     # This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
     # Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
     # value on error.
     #
     # In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
     # bits.
     #
     # By default this script does nothing.

exit 0

PS Make a Importer ASAP from Virtualizor to SoluVM and I'll move all my machines over.

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

@jmckeag12 said:
    PS Make a Importer ASAP from Virtualizor to SoluVM and I'll move all my machines over.

Ahh false alarm. Thought it might have been the ipmi hack that's been flying around.

• I am waiting for Virtualizor to patch ebtables. as when I used to use SolusVM I was able to run applications such as the following (DHCP Server - PXE Server - OVZ Slabs) without any issue but with Virtualizor this is not possible. without completely removing ebtables. they told me they would patch it Today and they have not done so as of yet.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

What a fucking Joke Honestly.

Virtualizor promised me a patch fix Today I told them I'd migrate some nodes over to SolusVM. So they lied to me and wasted my time. when everything could have been migrated to SolusVM by now...

[02/10/2015 14:56:55] Virtualizor Team: i have temporary fix the issue
     [02/10/2015 14:57:06] Virtualizor Team: and provide you perfect solution asap

• So just migrate and quit whining already.

Awaiting your Solus rants to come.

• @lazyt said:
    So just migrate and quit whining already.

Awaiting your Solus rants to come.

Lol what?

If Virtualizor would have fixed what I have been asking them to fix. now for 2 months I'd not be moaning. if Virtualizor did not cause me to loose clients constantly. I'd not be moaning. So please continue.

• It equals your own fault losing customers. You should have migrated the live and tested on a none production node. It seems your problem is you are trying to do something that virtulizor doesn't support but Solus does.

If you know who supports the needed function then use that software. Don't go whining in multiple threads how bad something is because it won't do what you wanna.

• @lazyt said:
    It equals your own fault losing customers. You should have migrated the live and tested on a none production node. It seems your problem is you are trying to do something that virtulizor doesn't support but Solus does.

Ok it's not my fault. it's virtualizor(s) fault they are the ones with the Software that has countless issues. and instability issues. and issues that they are blaming on a specific OS. when I have run the same OS without the same issue for several months without experiencing a issue similar to the one I posted before @ http://www.lowendtalk.com/post/quote/59911/Comment_1305476

If you know who supports the needed function then use that software. Don't go whining in multiple threads how bad something is because it won't do what you wanna.

I'm not the only person experiencing issues with ebtables. Due to their tech(s) they messed up a entire KVM Node and left it offline for 2 days nearly and provided no assistance with what they screwed up. They are in the wrong and I'm freely allowed to complain about Virtualizor as they have lied to me and messed me about.

• Which os is it?? Was it a virtulizor upgrade or an OS upgrade that started the problems?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@lazyt said:
    Which os is it?? Was it a virtulizor upgrade or an OS upgrade that started the problems?

First issue was multivirt. all of a sudden multiple KVM VPS would just randomly shutdown. So I moved that over to Centos 7 and slabbed the containers. How ever then ebtables and ipfilter have been causing downtime on the Slab.

The issue earlier on Today was with Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 LTS the same Install I use on 4 other Virtualizor Nodes. and have not experienced a issue like that. with any other of my Ubuntu Installs. I am mostly annoyed at the fact that the only first response you get from Virtualizor is to reboot Production nodes. it's a last resort..

• Virtualizor have fixed and patched. the issue I was facing. and it seems to work great now. so some what less frustrated with the Product. will see how it goes. but I am running out of patience now.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

"Errors : The Node doesn't have enough Disk Space to create this VPS", this is because the license had expired :)

That is the sort of attention to detail you get on basic stuff what do you expect.

They once told me they don't want to be considered a solusvm clone and they believe between the 2 its survival of the fittest, to me that is what that looks like right now:

A few days ago I had another container that just randomly suspended absolutley no reason what so ever, I could not even be bothered to bring it up again for the 3rd or 4th time, it ends in a 3 hour waste of time on skype and nothing really gets fixed anyway.

imo virtualizor is a giant sticking plaster right now, I used it with the full intention of migrating everything to virtualizor, within just a month I knew that would be a huge mistake and left it well alone at just 1 node.

Personally I believe people that use it long term as a business model without the intention of moving back to solusvm are either broke, don't care or to stupid to manage anything else so put up with it.

Thats my review :)

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • AnthonySmith said: long term as a business model

What do you class as long term?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

wych said: What do you class as long term?

You have no plans to switch.

• Great another bug in bandwidth 0% used on nodes and VMs means Unmetered bw for everyone and they ignoring me on skype :)

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • Started to make the switch already where possible, and waiting for V2 with the full migration tools to complete the rest.

Far to fed up now of the amount of issues with it.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

I guess the sooner the better Solus v2 gets released, hopefully with automated KVM templates then the sooner Virtualizor will get a reality check after a wave of people leave them.

• The irony:

SolusVM support helping a Virtualizor customer :/

Thanked by 2NexHost PremiumN
  • Just wait, I have a feeling something like Virtualizor Refugees will arise from SolusVM :)

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • @SolusVM here is your time to boost business.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

Lead Developer stated that Virtualizor have been working hard recently. on stability rather then features. and they said that the WHMCS Module is being revamped. and now it will support plans. so that seems like a great addition. And ZFS Support coming within the next couple of versions. (Cannot 100% confirm when these features will be out)

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Lead Developer stated that Virtualizor have been working hard recently. on stability rather then features. and they said that the WHMCS Module is being revamped. and now it will support plans. so that seems like a great addition. And ZFS Support coming within the next couple of versions. (Cannot 100% confirm when these features will be out)

Wasn't that the latest news ~ 2 months ago...

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@wych said:
    Wasn't that the latest news ~ 2 months ago...

Not sure it is what I was told recently. I found out yesterday. sorry if it was old news.