Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server

BG32BG32 Member
edited August 2015 in Requests
  • <$50
  • USA location
  • not to fussed on storage size
  • not to fussed on CPU at this price either
  • 12GB ram or more
  • at least 1 terabyte bandwidth.

i also have my own windows 2012 data center version license thus wanting windows server 2012 installed on it. (dont suggest quickpacket they said they wouldnt install windows for free and use my key, most likely just wanting to get cash from their own "install" prices)

Comments

• Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

Um no, they don't want your cash if you're bringing an pirated license. They're just complying with Microsoft's terms. (maybe you have a legitimate copy, but you'd have to prove it)

• CFarenceCFarence Member
    edited August 2015

@MarkTurner, Delimiter servers has IPMI so you can install windows on it yourself.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • BG32BG32 Member
    edited August 2015

@FlamesRunner said:
    Um no, they don't want your cash if you're bringing an pirated license. They're just complying with Microsoft's terms. (maybe you have a legitimate copy, but you'd have to prove it)

Got it for free being a student

• @BG32 said:
    Got it for free being a student

Did you happen to get it from Dreamspark ?

• BG32BG32 Member
    edited August 2015
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

What's your budget ?

Thanked by 1click4easy
  • @BG32 said:

• USA location
    • not to fussed on storage size
    • not to fussed on CPU at this price either
    • 12GB ram or more
    • at least 1 terabyte bandwidth.

i also have my own windows 2012 data center version license thus wanting windows server 2012 installed on it. (dont suggest quickpacket they said they wouldnt install windows for free and use my key, most likely just wanting to get cash from their own "install" prices)

Dual E5-2640, 128GB ram, 1x1tb HDD, 10TB bandwidth, $250.

• BG32BG32 Member

i did put <$50 in title (dont know why it disappeared)

• @BG32 said:
    i did put <$50 in title (dont know why it disappeared)

Disregard! But you won't find 128gb for less then let's say $150-200 mark

• @MSPNick said:
    Disregard! But you won't find 128gb for less then let's say $150-200 mark

I see 12GB in the OP. Was it changed?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited August 2015

@Jonchun said:

It was 128GB when I posted
    E3-1240v3, 16gb ram, 1TB HDD, 10tb bandwidth / 5 IPs --- $49

Let me know.

• @MSPNick said:
    It was 128GB when I posted

I've only seen it as 12G's the entire time, not sure where you're getting 128 from.

• SadySady Member

You can't go wrong with dacentec (affiliate link)

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited August 2015

CFarence said: Delimiter servers has IPMI so you can install windows on it yourself.

There are also Windows 2008, 2012 installers in our provisioning system. No need for IPMI/KVM.

Thanked by 1CFarence
  • You can get one of our x3470's with 16 GB of RAM for $40 a month with IPMI. Or upgrade to an E3-1220 with 16GB of RAM for just $45 a month (no IPMI at this time for these), but we have an automated OS installation system, so you can install Windows.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • BG32BG32 Member

@Sady said:
    You can't go wrong with dacentec (affiliate link)

I did go wrong. Windows 2012 didn't work with them

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @BG32 - if you need another system online today then PM me. We have Window 2012 as an install option.

• I get bad latency to Datacentec, almost the same ping as to France (Online.net), a ping of aprox. 180ms up to 210 ms.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

BG32 said: (dont suggest quickpacket they said they wouldnt install windows for free and use my key, most likely just wanting to get cash from their own "install" prices)

This is false. We don't make money on Windows licenses. We simply are passing along license costs from Microsoft through the SPLA.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited August 2015

AMD FX-41XX / 43XX
    3.6GHz / 3.8GHz Turbo
    4 Cores / 4 Threads
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    2TB SATA or 120GB SSD
    20TB @ 1Gbps or 100Mbps Unmetered
    /29 IPv4 (5 Usable)
    /64 IPv6
    $44 / month

If you order, select 'None of the above...' in the OS drop-down list and specify that you have your own Windows license in the 'Notes' field.

• BG32BG32 Member

@qps said:
    This is false. We don't make money on Windows licenses. We simply are passing along license costs from Microsoft through the SPLA.

well how come you couldnt use my license? just install it as an evaluation then activate with my license

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

@BG32 said:
    well how come you couldnt use my license? just install it as an evaluation then activate with my license

That's illegal for the host to do.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

BG32 said: well how come you couldnt use my license? just install it as an evaluation then activate with my license

We generally do not allow outside licenses because most users are trying to use a non-SPLA license on a dedicated server, which would violate the license agreement with Microsoft.

If you have a valid SPLA license, we would allow it (after verification - your SPLA provider can provide a proof of license purchase). Otherwise, it would not be a valid license for use on a dedicated server and it would not be allowed.