Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caldav, carddav, openldap
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Caldav, carddav, openldap

RoboCotRoboCot Member
edited November 2012 in Help

I would like to leave google for calendar and contacts sync. I have no experience in the field but i focused my research to openldap OR caldav and carddav.

I found this apparently wonderful solution: http://baikal.codr.fr/

Do someone use it or have any suggestion?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I like that, very simple. I'm in the same boat that I'd like to move away from google apps. I've been experimenting with OwnCloud as a bit of a catch all solution (minus e-mail), and I must say that I like it so far. It might be a bit more than you're looking for, but you could check it out too.

• Z-Push is nice and in PHP. It's ActiveSync based, though, but all the major phone OSes (Android, iPhone, WinMo (RIP, etc.) and WinPho) have great support for ActiveSync. No idea how much RAM it hogs up but it ran well with postfix/dovecot/MySQL/php-fpm/nginx on a BuyVM 512 OVZ.

• @jarland said: like that, very simple. I'm in the same boat that I'd like to move away from google apps. I've been experimenting with OwnCloud as a bit of a catch all solution (minus e-mail), and I must say that I like it so far. It might be a bit more than you're looking for, but you could check it out too.

I tried OwnCloud some times ago and i found it a receptacle of bugs. The osx client is almost unusable, too.
    BTW, i'm short of big vps, and i'll try to use a 128mb/1gb hd for this application.
    I'll probably try a tuxlite install + baikal.