Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Top Windows VPS servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your Top Windows VPS servers?

dantesdantes Member
edited November 2012 in General

Hey,

I'm looking for Windows VPS servers in Europe. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• @Maounique
    May help @ LEB/LET price

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

necs.co.uk UK
    prometeus.net IT
    racksrv.com UK

In order of cost low to high :)

• Get @Prometeus
    Great support, great stuff :)

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

VirtIO @jhadley

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

Unfortunatelly, the LET special offer has been sold out 3 months ago...
    For existing customers which want a Windows VPS too, I am sure something can be arranged :)
    This is valid for micro plans too, existing customers in good standing with a valid reason can open a ticket to get one of our micro plans.
    The reasons they are no longer in general sale are the IPv4 availability and abuse. Ppl use to install desktops with firefox and flash plugins and download torrents on 1 Eur a month plan, that is not acceptable when 1 IP we rent for 1 Eur, so we only give to ppl which can prove have a valid reason to use and are in good standing to have a bit of a guarantee they will not abuse them.

• @Maounique said: will not abuse them.

As like me :D

edited November 2012

Well, you abuse them a bit till you are bored and move to another victim, but there are ppl using them as remote desktops and seed boxes 24/7, I mean, pardon me, but 1 Eur a month for this abuse means that 20-30 1 eur a month plans will hammer a 7 K eur node. Uncle is too kind and doesnt terminate even those...

• @Maounique said: The reasons they are no longer in general sale are the IPv4 availability and abuse. Ppl use to install desktops with firefox and flash plugins and download torrents on 1 Eur a month plan, that is not acceptable when 1 IP we rent for 1 Eur, so we only give to ppl which can prove have a valid reason to use and are in good standing to have a bit of a guarantee they will not abuse them.

Care to PM me the plans, I am a good customer of Uncle Sal?

They are not hidden, just have no stock :)
    Look here:
    http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=871&sid=837018f77a8378d2cdbd1b61689c8040
    Almost all plans can be offered for good customers, except the 50 cents which is not worth the IPv4, will have a sister soon with IPv6 only.

• I'm just a bit curious, so I leave the WIndows vps automatic update on.
    Installed a VirtualBox, and run Ubuntu Desktop on it.
    Installed an OpenOffice, and open a new empty document on it.
    Installed FIrefox, and run some facebook games with flash based.
    It's all under 512 or 1GB. No lag at all ( I'm from Indonesia, and connecting via RDP/VNC/Teamviwer). Compared to another host, which only left with automatic update on at 3am, and then get suspended :D

• @Maounique said: They are not hidden, just have no stock :)

Look here:
    http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=871&sid=837018f77a8378d2cdbd1b61689c8040

3 Windows LET plans >> no prices or table there?

edited November 2012

Problem is they are fully configurable, as in you can add how many cores you want, how much disk, traffic and IPs... would not be really feasible to make a table with all those options and prices.

• @Maounique - wait, how can you run Windows Server 2008 with 50MB RAM and and 2GB HDD space?

edited November 2012

I was talking about special offers and their availability...
    Most specials (except the one running now) are sold out, but we might create more slots for current customers which are in good standing.
    LET Windows offer and the other LE* specials are included, such as 1 Eur/mo OVZ vps.
    Unfortunatelly, the 50 cents plan is no longer available in the ipv4 variant due to RIPE restricting severely the release of new batches because they are running out.
    Nobody said windows server 2008 can run in 50 MB ram (however, some ppl managed to run windows xp in 20 mb and 8 mhz cpu :P http://www.winhistory.de/more/386/xpmini.htm.en)

• Our Xen-HVM VPS plans are running Windows:

http://www.qhoster.com/vps-hosting.html

Locations : Germany & USA

• @qhoster said: Our Xen-HVM VPS plans are running Windows:

Not low-end :(

• some are low ends : https://www.qhoster.com/clients/cart.php?gid=9

The 512MB is fine just after order got to contact us to kick it to HVM so you can install Windows.

• @maounique windows Let plan is 7eu/month? :(

If payed quarterly is 7 $ a month :)