Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2checkout W-8 / W-9 forms
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2checkout W-8 / W-9 forms

AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
edited November 2012 in General

Well, I've just filled up one of those W-8 forms that are required by the US laws for non-us residents, something like IRC if I remember correctly.

Can anyone with more knowedge on this contact me, as I have some questions on what exactly I did fill now.

Alexander

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I've already read that a couple of times.

I am more interested if there would be a problem that I left the tax id empty (considering I am not a us citizen).

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: I am more interested if there would be a problem that I left the tax id empty (considering I am not a us citizen).

Isn't that what you're supposed to do though?

Well, it said it is an optional.

Please provide intenational tax id, if any (optional) .. That's the field that mostly worries me.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Well, it said it is an optional.

Please provide intenational tax id, if any (optional) .. That's the field that mostly worries me.

You're from the UK right? If you're not VAT registered with HMRC and don't have a VAT ID then you should have left it empty.

• @AsadHaider he's bulgarian

@AsadHaider said: You're from the UK right? If you're not VAT registered with HMRC and don't have a VAT ID then you should have left it empty.

Nope, I am from Bulgaria (other eu union country) and I am not VAT registered, so that's why I left it empty. Other than that it was pretty much just my name, address and this.. Not sure why it even concerns me..

• AsadAsad Member
    edited November 2012

@birdie25 Ah ok, well same thing - EU VAT ID.

@Alex_LiquidHost Yeah, that's right :)

So this generally is for the US goverment only? To declare that you are a non-us resident?

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited November 2012

The TaxIDs are for accounting purposes to the IRS and such. Accurately report income, etc.

@HC_Ro said: The TaxIDs are for accounting purposes to the IRS and such. Accurately report income, etc.

Well, as I already said I've left that fields empty, as I am not VAT registered.

• Quite an old thread to respond yet it's ought to say that there's nothing risky about filling that. IRS requires it from the local businesses in order to approve that you're not an american citizen, so your incomes don't need to be taxed. This w9 form may be done with this online tool (paid) or the IRS website as well (free yet requires to print)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

How is the post count going ? Getting there to have your tag soon ?

Thanked by 2hostdare Janevski
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@AlexBarakov said:
    I've already read that a couple of times.

I am more interested if there would be a problem that I left the tax id empty (considering I am not a us citizen).

No issue at all.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited September 2018

@key900 said:
    No issue at all.

@AlexBarakov asked that quesion six years ago, since then he opened locations in NJ and LA so I guess all went well in the end.

Also the end is nigh.

• @pike said:

@key900 said:
    No issue at all.

@AlexBarakov asked that quesion six years ago, since then he opened locations in NJ and LA so I guess all went well in the end.

Also the end is nigh.

Also happened before he rebranded :)

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov
    edited September 2018

@doghouch said:

@pike said:

@key900 said:
    No issue at all.

Also the end is nigh.

Also happened before he rebranded :)

Actually was acquired by Query Foundry (RIP), spent some years working with them and in the meanwhile opened a local company in Bulgaria, which at a later stage expanded out of Bulgaria. So wasn't exactly a re-brand :P

And this was in late oct 2013. So, guess we'll be 5 years old soon. Time does fly, doesn't it?

EDIT due typos: 5 years later and my English still sucks.

• Ah 2012, those were happier times. I was two just years past my second chance back then... And now you reminded me that i haven't done anything with my life since. Damn it @kontzBern why did you have to necro post? Burn all the calendars, block Google Calendar, uninstall calendar apps, rm -f /bin/date, install Y2K bugs, oh no, here it starts, not this loop again...