Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host that allow SWIP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host that allow SWIP

cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
edited November 2012 in General

Can we get a lis of providers that allow SWIP (min /29) here for dedicated server/colo? thanks

so far:

NA:
Dacentec
BuyVM
SecureDragon
Hostigation

Europe:
Edis
Prometeus
FitVPS

Comments

• /29 is not going to happen. I think the minimum is /28 per arins requirement?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I believe it's a /29 or larger

• As far as I know even /30 works. I.e. dacentec is doing that.

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited November 2012

ARIN requires organizations to submit information for all IPv4 reassignments of /29 and larger and IPv6 reassignments of /64 or shorter prefix within seven days of the subdelegation. For IPv4 blocks of /30 or longer prefix, ISPs may choose to provide utilization data via SWIP (Shared WHOIS Project) or manually upon request. There are special reporting requirements for residential cable ISPs and residential customers. Organizations may only submit reassignment data for records within their allocated blocks.

I assume this is the same rules for the other RIR's though I'm not sure.

• In RIPE land you could even assign a /32 ipv4 if you want although i haven't tried it myself. The smallest i've assigned are /30s.

• @rds100 said: In RIPE land you could even assign a /32 ipv4 if you want although i haven't tried it myself.

Works fine :)
    http://whois.domaintools.com/149.154.156.20

• so, so far only dacentec allows SWIP of > /29?

@william, can you confirm if edis allows SWIP?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2012

@cosmicgate it's called "SWIP" only in USA, i.e. ARIN land. In Europe it is called a PA assignment and every LIR should be able to do it (whether they agree to do it would probably depend on what you want it for).

@cosmicgate so tell us what do you need it for and maybe more people would chime in or give recommendations.

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited November 2012

@rds100 It's just to get an idea if the provider is willing to do it. Nothing on the illegal side really, but more towards curiousity if they allow it. Personally i think if you're offering some internet services it would look more "profesional" perhaps to have IP SWIP-ed

• @cosmicgate ok, here is my short list: in Europe Edis can, Prometeus can, we (FitVPS) can, don't know who else.
    In USA: I think these are ARIN members so should be able to: BuyVM, SecureDragon, Hostigation.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said: ARIN members so should be able to: BuyVM

We can and do. We have more than a few people that buy SWIPs off us.

Francisco

• @rds100 : thanks for the info. I'll put your info on top of this discussion.

• @francisco: thanks for the confirmation.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

RamNode

• @Taz said: /29 is not going to happen. I think the minimum is /28 per arins requirement?

you can SWIP a /32 if you want, it is only required to be done for a /28 though

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2012

@cosmicgate said: @william, can you confirm if edis allows SWIP?

Only at dedicated servers and colo, only in Austria - It's not justifiable work to add a single IP to the KVM/VRS systems so i can swip it (as the ranges we normally use are of course ASSIGNED PA already)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@cosmicgate said: dedicated server/colo

Just a heads up. We don't offer dedicated servers or colo so you might want to remove our name from the first post to avoid confusion. ;)

• @KuJoe said: Just a heads up. We don't offer dedicated servers or colo so you might want to remove our name from the first post to avoid confusion. ;)

I was just about to start throwing my money at the screen. :(

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@kalam said: I was just about to start throwing my money at the screen. :(

Hold the metallic change :)

• rethinkvpsrethinkvps Member
    edited November 2012

We can do SWIP on dedicated servers. Dallas, TX

• We do it for our dedicated/colo clients.

• or darn, i forgot there's a time limit to edit the post. Now i can't edit to include natcoweb and rethinkvps on the top of this post.