Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is the cheapest .com registrar these days? Except Godaddy.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who is the cheapest .com registrar these days? Except Godaddy.

Hello folks,

I hate Godaddy and was thinking about namecheap or name.com who is the cheapest for new .com register. Or do you guys have some more suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• BradBrad Member

NameSilo is my favorite.

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • blackblack Member

Buy it from 1and1 and transfer it to namesilo after 60 days.

• GunterGunter Member

Why not GoDaddy? They're taking a loss on all the 99 cent domains you register, and that's what they deserve. Just transfer out after 60 days.

• @Gunter said:
    Why not GoDaddy? They're taking a loss on all the 99 cent domains you register, and that's what they deserve. Just transfer out after 60 days.

Godaddy sucks. No services at all. No reasons to ban my paypal+credit card and I submitted a ticket and no response for years. So I moved all my domains out of Godaddy and never suggest my friends to use their services.

• GunterGunter Member

What got you banned in the first place?

• @Gunter said:
    What got you banned in the first place?

Really don't know about it. I used Godaddy for more than 5 years and used the same credit card as well as the same paypal account. I submitted a ticket to ask but never got any replies.

• Internetbs.net always seemed like a good idea to me starting at $9 usd for .com

• @Gunter said:

GoDaddy doesn't offer those codes any more, you can use one code from each ($.99, 1.99, 2.95 etc).

• Too bad godaddy's promos don't allow PayPal, its kinda hard to register virtual CC each time for a new domain compared to PayPal accounts. I think namesilo is pretty good, or internetbs wire I (which you have to use bank transfer or you will have to pay the PayPal fees).

• +1 for NameSilo. They offer free whois privacy too!

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • GunterGunter Member

@TheKiller said:

I don't think that's true. I just used a 1.49 dollar code.

• GunterGunter Member

@Greyhound said:
    Really don't know about it. I used Godaddy for more than 5 years and used the same credit card as well as the same paypal account. I submitted a ticket to ask but never got any replies.

For some reason, I don't believe that. Did you never even call them?

• @Gunter said:
    For some reason, I don't believe that. Did you never even call them?

No. Why I have to call a international call for a stupid problem? I can register a new account and move all the domains out of the old one. But I won't do that because I hate them since they didn't reply my ticket. I have many other choices so this is why I no longer stay with Godaddy.

• @Greyhound said:

GoDaddy doesn't provide email support, only phone or chat support.

If you do not find any chat link, change your country to US and go to this page https://www.godaddy.com/help?ci= you will find chat button at the bottom.

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • @Greyhound said:

Skype is free to download and you can use that to call 1800 numbers for free. What's the issue here? I see no international on the Interwebs.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2015

Well, NameCheap offers cheap domains every once and a while - why not try Google domains?

EDIT - NameCheap includes:

- live chat

- email & phone support

• GM2015GM2015 Member

if you like namecheap, get their rss feed http://www.namecheapcoupons.com/feed/ for coupons every month.

• GunterGunter Member

@TheKiller said:

This. I've never heard of any ticket system. Sounds like you were banned and couldn't be bothered to rectify it.

• GunterGunter Member

Yep, seemingly enough the coupons have stopped working. Weird considering I used one yesterday.

• Another NameSilo fanboy checking in.

• sinsin Member

Gunter said: Yep, seemingly enough the coupons have stopped working. Weird considering I used one yesterday.

They are extremely limited now.

• +1 for NameSilo

• TBH you're better off going with Namesilo from the get go since most registrars will change you to transfer out when that time and money could be spent elsewhere.