Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spacerich ignoring anyone else? [Dallas OpenVZ]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spacerich ignoring anyone else? [Dallas OpenVZ]

GeolexGeolex Member
edited November 2012 in Providers

Normally I'm pretty busy, but I run a couple non-mission-critical sites for fun on low end boxes.

I've had a 256MB Dallas (softlayer) OpenVZ instance with Spacerich.com for about a year now (which auto-pays via paypal monthly), and in the last month's time, the VPS has become completely unresponsive, including the console SSH access method. Whether I connect to my allotted IP address via SSH or the console's IP via SSH, both just sit with no response to the TCP packet (netstat -bn lists the connection state as "SYN_SENT"). My VPS's IP is in the 173.193.34.* range of theirs, and the console IP is in the 174.36.55.* range. The info page indicates that my VPS is on the Dallas server called "Craton".

After trying the WHMCS client area as well as the SolusVM area's boot & reboot options, to no avail, I created a ticket with Spacerich (Ticket #844000, created roughly 3 weeks ago now) asking what the deal was. I receieved absolutely no response. Roughly a week later, I replied to the ticket with something like "Knock knock, anybody home!?". Not only did no one respond, but that ticket has now been deleted!

I've created a new ticket with them asking the same thing (Ticked ID #871801), but obviously I'm not incredibly hopeful that it's going to be given the time of day. Anybody else getting the cold shoulder from Spacerich?

What's going on there?!
TIA

Comments

• Never heard of the company, post a link to this (or any other threads elsewhere) in the ticket and see if it gets their attention.

• Sounds like you should start packing up :)

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

I would have moved by the 3rd or 4th business day of no response. (And I can't say I've ever heard of that company either).

• There are lots of stocks nowadays from reliable hosts and prices keeps getting lower by the day

• @Jcaleb hence all the more reason I'd have moved after 48 hours of no response, there's little excuse to not be able to move to a reputable host while waiting for a response.

• Bad review on WHT from a while back.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1139167

Do your research when looking for a provider, if it's important stuff you're hosting. Lookup reviews, speak to the staff, get a feel for the support.

@Geolex Is there any important data on the vm that you need? If not, the others mentioned, pack up and move.

• Yes, it's not worth to be stressed. Just move on to another.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited November 2012

@AsadHaider said: Bad review on WHT from a while back.

@Geolex Try picking from the top 10 or 20 hosts in LET Q3 poll. Usually they are good balance between reputation and best bang for buck

• Spacerich was featured on LEB years ago. They hadn't gotten any mention here in a looong while.

• Yes I have no problems moving around in linux as an OS or VPS providers in the LEB world... thanks for all your support, I was just wondering if anyone was using them and had any information that might be able to help me gauge how likely I am to recover my stuff.

It's not super important data (or I would I have had regularly scheduled backups), but everything being equal I'd rather continue running the site, as I think it did help some people, cost me very minimally, and provided a cool wordpress hobby host to mess around with.

I should have regularly scheduled my backups, but right now all I have is one several months old, and if that's all I'm left with, I shouldn't bother continuing the project :(. The saddest part of all (provided I end up losing the data) is I had already purchased a new VPS plan at a different provider and was setup to migrate when I discovered my Spacerich host down. It kinda sucks... but I won't be shedding any tears over it. We'll see how she plays out.

For shits & giggles for anyone interested, here were their LEB offers from once upon a time:
    http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/spacerich-com/