Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN - Limit Account to IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN - Limit Account to IP

Steven_FSteven_F Member

What would be the best way to limit access by account to a specific IP?

I.E. - Account 1 can connect only to 10.0.0.5. Account 2 can connect only to 10.0.0.8. Account 1 cannot access 10.0.0.8.

Comments

• SadySady Member

Would love to know as well.

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited July 2015

Could I use SoftEther and have two policies?

1 - Pass from source name "account 1" for destination 10.0.0.1

2 - Drop from source group "user group for all accounts" for destination ALL.

• NomadNomad Member

If you mean giving them static virtual IP's, you can do that. Use dnsmasq but you will have to use their mac address, I don't think it's the exact solution need but.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited July 2015

Do you want to assign them specific IPs or limit which IPs they can communicate with? If it's the former then use the ccd option in the server config:

client-config-dir ccd

Then create a file for each user. File name will be their common name and contain the IP (10.7.0.5 in this case):

ifconfig-push 10.7.0.5 10.7.0.4

• @Abdussamad said:

I want to limit which IPs each client can communicate with. Basically limit them to only their IPMI, so we can keep the IPMI secure. See below:

Could I use SoftEther and have two policies?

1 - Pass from source name "account 1" for destination 10.0.0.1

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@Steven_F said:

I was going to suggest user/group policies with SoftEther. Don't know if it'll work, you'll have to test it.

• @rmlhhd said:

Yeah, I'm going to spin up a VM later tonight, but I was curious if anyone had any ideas.

• Which VPN protocol(s) do you want to support?

• @MarkTurner said:
    Which VPN protocol(s) do you want to support?

Any.

• OpenVPN AS maybe able to do this out of the box. I remember playing with it some time ago and you could set reachable IPs. You need to check that its not dumb and you can route traffic manually.