Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US] SanjoseVPS.com - $15/year 128MB OpenVZ VPS --||-- [EU] NordicVPS.com $6.95/month XEN HVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US] SanjoseVPS.com - $15/year 128MB OpenVZ VPS --||-- [EU] NordicVPS.com $6.95/month XEN HVM VPS

NordicVPSNordicVPS Member
edited November 2011 in Offers

Budget Unmanaged Linux VPS Hosting - San Jose, California

OVZ128

• 128MB guaranteed/256MB burstable memory
  • 15GB storage
  • 500GB/month data transfer
  • $15/year

Order Now at http://sanjosevps.com/order/?p=128

OVZ256

• 256MB guaranteed/512MB burstable memory
  • 30GB storage
  • 1000GB/month data transfer
  • $3.50/month

Order Now at http://sanjosevps.com/order/?p=256

Datacenter:

CoreSite, San Jose, CA

Ping/Traceroute IP: 72.13.81.178

Network

• HE.net
  • nLayer
  • HighWinds
  • Global Crossing

Standard Features:

• Fully owned Hardware/Network infrastructure
  • SolusVM Control Panel
  • OpenVZ Virtualization Platform
  • TUN/TAP, PPTP, PPP enabled on request
  • Private IRC/Gameservers allowed
  • Private OpenVPN and PPTP allowed

Upcoming features:

• Free DNS Hosting
  • Free Remote Backup
  • GigE Uplink
  • IPv6

Comments

• Is this a separate division that you are running or...?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Seems like it, same WHOIS and IP block.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

A couple of us are talking in the background and we're having a problem with this listing. I'll go ahead and play the heavy since seems like others are currently unwilling to do so.

First of all, NordicVPS is banned from having any listing on the main site for a number of reasons. We would like to see LEA extend this over to LET because of how the sites are related:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/nordicvps-7-768mb-openvz-vps-in-us-uk-and-germany/#comment-32556

In addition on a personal note, the ethics of NordicVPS has been called into question many times. I offered once to act as a third party to try to resolve many of the issues and was refused. He really seems like he is uninterested in proving what he says is true and allow his clients to wondering what's going on and get screwed over.

His company also seems to attract the vulgar trolls around here but I'm sure we all know who I'm talking about.

Anyone even thinking about this company would be well advised to review their previous offers on the main site:

http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/nordicvps-com/

as well as the threads on the forums:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lowendtalk.com+nordicvps

Just to see the mess that these folks caused. I would put them at the same level as w2servers.

edit: And if you decided to go with their offer, well just remember that we told you so when you come crying.when something goes wrong.

Thanked by 2Infinity regs
  • Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited November 2011

www.sanjosevps(buyvm.net).com :P
    well, I thought buyvm crew where just kidding when they where claiming at LEB that these guys lives for copying them in weird ways.
    Good offer though, aside from that thing between you :P

• @Go59954 it's not a "thing" between us but something between their company and the major bulk of their former customers. It also concerns their reputation within the general web hosting community. Some of us have ethics and have to deal with providers like these folks day after day and clean up after their messes.

Again, you would be well advised to review the previous threads on these folks.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited November 2011

@drmike Ah I know :P I mean between him and Buyvm.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

Oh, crap... he's back. Unbelievable. Becoming his customer is the worst thing anyone can get out of LEB/LET community. Don't fall to this trap.

This guy always and I really mean always completelly dissapeared when his servers was down. And his servers was down pretty often. Sometimes some week, sometimes some month, sometimes few months... yes freakin months of downtime. Not to mention all lies. All false excuses. All false promises. All data losses. And again lies. And again weeks of dissapearance when his nodes was down.

NordicVPS guy is pathological liar! "Simple migration" from node too node with few months of downtime he call "smooth process". He's simply not normal!

Not to mention cancellation of all old 15/y customers because those plans wasn't sustainable and yet he have guts to come here again with 15/y plans.
    We will never know how much damage he did in vps hosting industry but one thing is for sure - ruuuun!!!! Run away from him as much as you can. Give him chance and no mater how good things look like on beginning, he will screw up you sooner or later.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Go59954 said: @drmike Ah I know :P I mean between him and Buyvm.

My issues are when people copy us then bitch/moan about their users when they can't make ends meat. It gives the hard work I put forward a bad name and it can actually scare off honest/good clients. Thankfully, BuyVM is strong enough at this point that we've proved ourselves and that we can make what we offer work, and work well.

Anyways, Nordic stated himself a while back that he planned to 'make a new brand' to dump these plans into. It's odd, though, that they claimed they couldn't make it work before but now can, even though they're still on rented IP space and are in a more expensive location (coresite).

Francisco

• @Spirit And here I was trying to be nice about it.

I'm being told by a pair of sources that their IP ranges are leased and therefore not sustainable at this price point, something that has done in other providers. Not sure what they're looking at but I did want to mention that.

• @drmike whoever dealt with him... it's impossible to be nice with him. It's not just about regular long term downtimes, dissapearances, lies, etc.. but more, much more. This guy live in constant denial without being able to show even little regret for all bad things he did to his customers. Things can go wrong sometimes in hosting industry but with this guy... it's "wrong by default". And he's back again! Terrible, just terrible...

• @Francisco said: It's odd, though, that they claimed they couldn't make it work before but now can, even though they're still on rented IP space and are in a more expensive location (coresite).

Exactly, my point

• Erh okay surprises me when i saw all these reply. All these while i thought NordicVPS have been well supported by LEB users .. >.<

• @Francisco, didn't you say EGI didn't want Nordic back? Traceroute shows:
    energy-group-networks-llc.10gigabitethernet1-3.core1.sjc1.he.net [64.71.150.22]

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Zigga said: @Francisco, didn't you say EGI didn't want Nordic back? Traceroute shows: energy-group-networks-llc.10gigabitethernet1-3.core1.sjc1.he.net [64.71.150.22]

Not that I remember? They've been with egi since the start, originally being in Fremont. They migrated to San Jose after the HE power outage in August finally pushed their hand on it.

It was a good call to get out of there, coresite runs a really nice location :)

Francisco

• [EU] NordicVPS.com --
    Budget Unmanaged XEN PV / XEN HVM VPS - Germany, Europe

XEN256 - XEN PV (ParaVirtualized)

• 256MB dedicated memory
    • 25GB storage
    • 300GB/month data transfer on 1000Mbps (GigE)
    • $6.95/month

Order Now at https://nordicvps.com/order/xen256

::

HVM256 -- XEN HVM (Hardware Virtual Machine)

Fully virtualized guests (HVM) are usually slower than paravirtualized guests (PV), because of the required emulation. HVM allows you to install any OS, using CD/DVD image, similar to KVM.

• 256MB dedicated memory
    • 15GB storage
    • 300GB/month data transfer on 1000Mbps (GigE)
    • $6.95/month

Order Now at https://nordicvps.com/order/hvm256

::

Datacenter

Hetzner, Falkenstein, Germany

Ping/Traceroute IP: 213.133.107.241

Network

• 60 GBit/s DE-CIX
    • 30 GBit/s Noris Network
    • 20 GBit/s Deutsche Telekom (German Telecom)
    • 20 GBit/s Init7
    • 10 GBit/s LambdaNet
    • 10 GBit/s Global Crossing
    • 10 GBit/s Aixit
    • 10 GBit/s TeliaSonera
    • 10 GBit/s Level3
    • 10 GBit/s KPN
    • 10 GBit/s N-IX
    • 10 GBit/s AMS-IX

Standard Features

• SolusVM Control Panel
    • XEN Virtualization Platform
    • Private IRC/Gameservers allowed
    • Private OpenVPN and PPTP allowed

Upcoming features

• Free DNS Hosting
    • Free Remote Backup
    • IPv6
  • fanfan Veteran

He behaves like a bot now, just ignores all comments about him. Funny! :P

• So you kicked everybody out, who had a 15$/year deal with you. And now you offer it again?

• @cripperz said: All these while i thought NordicVPS have been well supported by LEB users .. >.<

No, NordicVPS have terrible reputation. I think that LEA said for nordicvps specificly that he won't post their offers anymore.

• @Spirit, look up. I gave the link where he said so.

I was hoping we could get a yay or nay on this but he seems to be off again.

Of course Brandon just violated the only 1 post containing an offer within 14 days rule so that's now two strikes against him.

• @drmike said: Of course Brandon just violated the only 1 post containing an offer within 14 days rule so that's now two strikes against him.

Brandon? You mean Sean (nordicvps guy), correct? :)

My opinion is that he have nothing to say to criticism as it's all true anyway and there's no argument against but he will try to post offers around anyway because there will be always some fool prepared to pay something disregarding all warnings just because it's cheap.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

I have no f'ing clue who is who anymore and who is with which company. Ya'll just confusing.

Which one is Brandon again? I seem to recall he was messing up some company.

Maybe we need something on the wiki with who is with who.

edit: I have noticed that when someone posts to this thread, it doesn't raise to the top of the front page. Noticed that this morning and once again now. Kind of weird.

Wondering why LEA hasn't weighed in on this as well but with his water problems, he may be busy.

• I think Brandon is the enet guy. I think this is worse then trying to figure out who is sleeping with who on the show Melrose Place.

• And this is now at the bottom of the front page while older posts are in front of it.

I've flagged it a couple of times now but I guess LEA is still dealing with his water problem.

• Sorry I don't see where the problem is. NordicVPS is NOT creating an extra thread (when he did, that got deleted). He is just posting in his old thread, which does not get bumped.

As of the comment I had on LowEndBox regarding not listing NordicVPS.com's offers -- it applies to the blog, but not here.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

@Lowendadmin I'm sorry but...

As noted up above, your own rules only allow for a single post with 14 days containing offers. The dates above are November 9th and 10th which is a lot less than 14 days.

edit: And the offers are still listed above.

• Yes it's within a single post :) They did put NordicVPS offer on a different post which was promptly deleted by me.