Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostus, super cheap vps in Hongkong(softlayer,1000m port)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostus, super cheap vps in Hongkong(softlayer,1000m port)

gongyigongyi Member
edited August 2015 in Offers

hostus.us rebuilt their website, and started a new location in Hongkong, good connection to all countries of asia !

HK 512MB Special - 512MB RAM
512MB vSwap
10GB SSD Disk Space
1 vCPU Core (Fair Share)
750GB Bandwidth
1Gbps port
1x IPv4 address
4x IPv6 addresses
OpenVZ/In-House Control Panel
$25 annually

HK 768MB Special - 768MB RAM
768MB vSwap
20GB SSD Disk Space
1 vCPU Core (Fair Share)
2000GB Bandwidth
1Gbps port
1x IPv4 address
4x IPv6 addresses
OpenVZ/In-House Control Panel
$35 annually

Direct LINK: https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?gid=39

my aff link: https://my.hostus.us/aff.php?aff=032&gid=39

Comments

• Wtf is this

• gongyigongyi Member
    edited July 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Wtf is this

i found they rebuilt their site and started a new location in HK !

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Wtf is this

A mess. But HostUS does actually list a HK location now

• gongyi said: good connect to all countries of asia !

Eh, not really, SG and HK locs of Softlayer is pretty bad BW for Asia.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2015

They supposedly have an LG at http://hk-lg.hostus.us/, but it currently doesn't load for me.
    So in the meanwhile, 45.124.64.2 from the traceroute should work as a test IP.

Should be fine for SG/JP and HK itself, but perhaps not for China.

• ICMPICMP Member
    edited July 2015

https://hostus.us/network.html#hongkong

High packets loss now

Test from 45.124.64.3 ~ 45.124.64.110

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@rm_ said:
    They supposedly have an LG at http://hk-lg.hostus.us/, but it currently doesn't load for me.
    So in the meanwhile, 45.124.64.2 from the traceroute should work as a test IP.

Should be fine for SG/JP and HK itself, but perhaps not for China.

Since opening the location today we have had nothing but DDOS attacks on the LG, (not customer service impacting) so the LG is temporarily offline.

@ICMP said:
    https://hostus.us/network.html#hongkong

High packets loss now

Test from 45.124.64.3 ~ 45.124.64.110

Same as above

@hostnoob said:
    A mess. But HostUS does actually list a HK location now

Correct - we launched this location today with our own IP's.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • @AlexanderM HK VPS sold out already?

• no any bigger plan?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Bandwidth in HK cost way too much for those prices to be sustainable. At least if the bandwidth is to be used outside of HK.

There is no one and no where in HK who can provide bandwidth at US$1 /Mbit. Even local HKIX would cost more than that once you've paid for a local loop.

To expect to get 250GB /month bandwidth and pay only $18.95 /yr annually is crazy. Oversell much?

• randvegeta said: There is no one and no where in HK who can provide bandwidth at US$1 /Mbit

Softlayer MIGHT be able to do that sustainable, IBM/SL likely rents waves from LA, SG and JP to HK lit at 40/100GE - A wave from HK to LA costs them probably around 40k/month which at 40G would be 1$/Mbit (or at 100GE 40c/Mbit). Though with their recent massive price increase for traffic (1TB is now like 40$) they probably crossfinance old(er) accounts which have 20TB at ~300$ Servers (but that is still ~4$/Mbit or 15$/TB)

The very very large providers may be able to do that, but they won't sell at those rates. HostUS is claiming they can do 250GB for $18.95 /yr. Even if it was 100% local bandwidth, it would be near impossible if only considering cost of local loop, let alone the colocation of the server.

Seems either a loss leader, heavily oversold or a con. 1 of those.

@randvegeta said:
    Bandwidth in HK cost way too much for those prices to be sustainable. At least if the bandwidth is to be used outside of HK.

There is no one and no where in HK who can provide bandwidth at US$1 /Mbit. Even local HKIX would cost more than that once you've paid for a local loop.

To expect to get 250GB /month bandwidth and pay only $18.95 /yr annually is crazy. Oversell much?

Please do buy a 2TB plan and use 2TB a month :) Ours plans are very sustainable otherwise we wouldn't sell for this price. Obviously these plans were a special so further plans will be more expensive.

@wwabbit said:
    AlexanderM HK VPS sold out already?

Correct - HKVZ38 an HKVZ39 are full. We are waiting for more hardware to arrive.

@loveminds said:
    no any bigger plan?

We have bigger plans on our website, outside this special feedback.

@William said:

Thanks for your feedback.

@randvegeta said:
    The very very large providers may be able to do that, but they won't sell at those rates. HostUS is claiming they can do 250GB for $18.95 /yr. Even if it was 100% local bandwidth, it would be near impossible if only considering cost of local loop, let alone the colocation of the server.

Seems either a loss leader, heavily oversold or a con. 1 of those.

We have been in business 3 years coming this October, and HK is our 4th location. We are certainly not one of the small summer hosts. Every single IP we use is our own allocations from ARIN or APINC. HK Is currently the only location where we don't manage the network yourself (Purl down to our small footprint in this location)

@AlexanderM,

So you are saying you have in HK, bandwidth that costs you less than $1/mbit international?

@randvegeta said:
    AlexanderM,

So you are saying you have in HK, bandwidth that costs you less than $1/mbit international?

Our packages are priced to ensure we have a nice enough profit ratio and enough cash in hand for unenforceable incidents. These prices were also cheaper than what we will be selling for, but they are still priced to allow us to make enough profit.

Is that a yes?

• I don't see Hongkong option in the server location only Atlanta, Dallas and LA available. Is there any other link?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

randvegeta said: Is that a yes?

That's a "none of your fucking business you nosy asshole".

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

HostHatch has a better offer for now :)

• I'm looking for something like 2GB RAM, 50 GB SSD, 500 GB BW. Is there an offer for this specs? Thanks

@rm_

Friendly.

• FaiziFaizi Member

Anyone who's been long enough here will vouch for @AlexanderM and HostUs. Although once in a while their offer(s) might seems unsustainable for some, they still manage to provide exemplary service consistently.

Best of all they conduct themselves professionally and never vent their frustration on the forum if something goes wrong.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@randvegeta said:
    rm_

Friendly.

Don't shoot the messenger - rm_ just did the translation.

• I have been nothing but happy with HostUS. I have no need for an Asia VPS but I have two in the US and will order more soon. Great service.

Im just saying that in HK and Asia in general, bandwidth costs are high and there are no providers selling bandwidth at these prices, even at extremely high levels of commitment.

HE.net are known to bw one of the cheapest in HK, selling at around US$3/mbit at 1G commitment ratea. But that doesnt include a local loop or cross connect fee which would bring that up at least 25%, and even then the traffic is mostly routed through USA. Things are getting cheaper in Asia, and HE.net seems to be expanding their Asia presence, but they are far from good enough to use as your sole international carrier.

Softlayer prices are also known to be relatively high so it simply amazes me that anyone can get this kind of deal.

@AlexanderM, forgive my sceptisism. If you are truley able to get such bandwidth arrangements in HK, it shouldnt be too long for you to become one of the big players. I for one can say we would be more than interested in buying services from you. Is your LG working yet? If not, do you have a test file and/or IP address we can do some tests on?

@rahoolm said:
    I don't see Hongkong option in the server location only Atlanta, Dallas and LA available. Is there any other link?

Our normal let specials such as 6GB RAM and 5TB bandwidth are not available in HK. Only some packages are (normal packages)

@rpollestad said:
    I have been nothing but happy with HostUS. I have no need for an Asia VPS but I have two in the US and will order more soon. Great service.

Thanks for your feedback

@randvegeta said:
    Im just saying that in HK and Asia in general, bandwidth costs are high and there are no providers selling bandwidth at these prices, even at extremely high levels of commitment.

HE.net are known to bw one of the cheapest in HK, selling at around US$3/mbit at 1G commitment ratea. But that doesnt include a local loop or cross connect fee which would bring that up at least 25%, and even then the traffic is mostly routed through USA. Things are getting cheaper in Asia, and HE.net seems to be expanding their Asia presence, but they are far from good enough to use as your sole international carrier.

Softlayer prices are also known to be relatively high so it simply amazes me that anyone can get this kind of deal.

AlexanderM, forgive my sceptisism. If you are truley able to get such bandwidth arrangements in HK, it shouldnt be too long for you to become one of the big players. I for one can say we would be more than interested in buying services from you. Is your LG working yet? If not, do you have a test file and/or IP address we can do some tests on?

Temporarily you can use:

Speed test: http://speedtest.hkg02.softlayer.com/speedtest/
    10MB test file : http://speedtest.hkg02.softlayer.com/downloads/test.zip
    100MB test file: http://speedtest.hkg02.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip

Alexander

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited July 2015

yesys

poor @gongyi

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

@randvegeta said:

>
    >

Softlayer used to provide several 5-10-20TB by default on their dedicated server from memory. Incoming was unlimited and only outgoing is charged. Bandwidth was incredibly cheap and port speed upgrades to 2Gbps LACP or 10Gbps only costed a fraction of the server itself. From my understanding, current Softlayer customers with contracts are honoured with such bandwidth pricing.

This can also explain why some businesses can provide heaps of bandwidth at very low costs on Softlayer HK network. Hong Kong will always be popular, because of it's central location to the Asia-Pacific region. You can target Australian customers (100ms to HK from PERTH), SG, domestic CN and others.

It does make sense for Softlayer to change data transfer rates, because they have China Telecom and direct PCCW peering now. The pricing per Mbit/s via these transit providers are incredible high.

• 又机智的放了一贴AFF.