Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS on LA (Quadranet) for heavy traffic website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS on LA (Quadranet) for heavy traffic website

DevoniusDevonius Member
edited July 2015 in Requests

Spec :

• RAM : 512-1024
  • VSwap : 512
  • HD : 10-15GB SSD
  • Bandwidth : 7-8TB
  • budget : $7-$10/Month
  • CPU core : 3-4 @ more than 2.66GHz
  • 1Gbps connection
  • 1 ipv4

Comments

• Can i ask why Quadranet Specifically? I can do this in Los Angeles, but not in Quadranet's DC.

• DevoniusDevonius Member
    edited July 2015

quadranet gives best connection to my targeted country, can you give me your test IP?

Thanked by 1QuadraNet_Adam
  • That's ~25 Mbps ($50 of bandwidth) for $7 a month.

• @Steven_F said:
    That's ~25 Mbps ($50 of bandwidth) for $7 a month.

normally only use 5TB, but for safety I prefer 7-8TB

• get a dedi may be better

• @Devonius said:

That's still ~$30 in bandwidth for $7 a month. I'm not sure you'll get that. At least, not with GVH gone.

• @Steven_F said:
    That's still ~$30 in bandwidth for $7 a month. I'm not sure you'll get that. At least, not with GVH gone.

I believe many provider offer 1-4TB for client and client never use it all.

• blackblack Member

Devonius said: I believe many provider offer 1-4TB for client and client never use it all.

And they'd like to keep it that way so they can save money / oversell.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited July 2015

@Devonius said:
    quadranet gives best connection to my targeted country, can you give me your test IP?

Go with @AutoSnipe, I doubt you will regret your decision (at least I haven't regret my decision yet). When I was in China for vacation I got a decent ping to his servers (I got 40ms worse ping to quadranet). Test his IP and go with them if you can unless it absolutely won't work. Just my two cents.

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2015

HostUS - 5TB BW and 6GB RAM, but storage isn't SSD and they are upgrading at this moment, LG.

Hostodo - 5TB BW and 4GB RAM, but storage isn't SSD powered too.

QuadCone Multacom DC, SSD and 10TB BW, but port speed is 100 mbit.

Thanked by 1Devonius
  • techhelper1techhelper1 Member
    edited July 2015

@Devonius:

7-8TB of bandwidth from a small VPS is an alarming amount of data to be passed through it. Why not save up and get a dedicated server from them? Why don't you use a CDN for the site and spread the load? There are so many things you can do to solve your bandwidth problem.

Another things is the amount of CPU cores, getting that many and that specific speed requirement tells me you're planning on doing something malicious with it because for a website it doesn't really matter.

My company could work out a deal with you but it'd be beyond $20/month just for the specs without the bandwidth requirements.

Also, please see this: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/53415/stop-being-so-cheap/p1

Thanked by 2Scion Devonius
  • WE can help you over here

SummerHostV>9000

Thanked by 2HostMyBytes doghouch
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@bersy said:
    HostUS - 5TB BW and 6GB RAM, but storage isn't SSD and they are upgrading at this moment, LG.

Hostodo - 5TB BW and 4GB RAM, but storage isn't SSD powered too.

QuadCone Multacom DC, SSD and 10TB BW, but port speed is 100 mbit.

Thanks :) Our Hong Kong location in our only location thats full SSD. All other locations are mostly SSD cached.

• Why not get multiple VMs spread your data between them.

Thanked by 1Devonius
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2015

Wait... 1GBPS dedicated? That will cost like, $1000+ per month.

• edited July 2015

Devonius said: quadranet gives best connection to my targeted country, can you give me your test IP?

It got even better! Did you know we recently added China Telecom to our premium network blend in Los Angeles?!

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited July 2015

QuadraNet_Adam said: It got even better! Did you know we recently added China Telecom to our premium network blend in Los Angeles?!

Is that why my China Telecom line became almost unusable in a quadranet asia optimized ip? :(

• @belinik - please email [email protected] and provide in+out traceroutes if you feel that something can be improved on our end. We will have our networking director look into it. We can always adjust routes in/out as needed with our Asian Optimized network so we are always open to suggestions and feedback to provide the best user experience possible.

Thank You

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited July 2015

Devonius said: quadranet gives best connection to my targeted country

Hi.

Perhaps that's just one of the possible good connections. It's possible to have very fast connection locally (i bet much better than QuadraNet), even by-town, not by-country. The key here is that it's stable and with possibility to have even 1 gbps per second per connection - total throughtput will be much higher than original server's uplink (can be even 50 gbps totally). The short answer is caching CDN (it's also possible to add peer-to-peer file serving if you have enough number of active users). Let me know if you want to test this, it's rather easy to setup and very cheap. I am using such setup for videos file serving (300 TB / month is usual traffic). I can offer you a space to host in (not VPS, but i'll manage it) for the mentioned price. The caching cdn setup and manage - free.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited July 2015

@Devonius said:
    I believe many provider offer 1-4TB for client and client never use it all.

Not me I don't if I detect you are sending too much bandwidth in too little time indicating a ddos I will centrally have you terminated and reported according to my tos: https://cubedata.net/Terms.htm
    which I agree with @techhelper1 that there is no use for this outside malicious use.
    so all I can say good luck trying to find that as whoever accepts you if anyone ever does.
    because there is no legal reason for having that much specs for anything that isn't for malicious reasons

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

timnboys said: there is no legal reason for having that much specs for anything that isn't for malicious reasons

Use comes with possibility

Thanked by 1timnboys
  • @QuadraNet_Adam

You are attending HostingCon correct? I can't find you

• timnboys said: there is no use for this outside malicious use

So running a Tor relay (CPU/IO issues aside) or heavy download mirror on an OVH VPS with a clear 10TB limit and actually using all that bandwidth is malicious?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • techhelper1techhelper1 Member
    edited July 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    So running a Tor relay (CPU/IO issues aside) or heavy download mirror on an OVH VPS with a clear 10TB limit and actually using all that bandwidth is malicious?

A heavy mirror is OK but I'd like to have an advance notice personally. Seriously though, how many VPS providers will give 10TB of bandwidth for a VERY cheap price. The hosting provider makes the final decision whats malicious and what's not. Again personally TOR has been nothing but trouble for me and the services I offer with my company and other external projects.

• Despite the ops budget being unrealistic why so you guys think he will make use of it with bad purposes?

Thanked by 1Devonius
  • @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Why not get multiple VMs spread your data between them.

I think I gonna use this way

@doghouch said:
    Wait... 1GBPS dedicated? That will cost like, $1000+ per month.

are you drunk? who need 1Gbps dedicated?

@Profforg said:
    Perhaps that's just one of the possible good connections. It's possible to have very fast connection locally (i bet much better than QuadraNet), even by-town, not by-country. The key here is that it's stable and with possibility to have even 1 gbps per second per connection - total throughtput will be much higher than original server's uplink (can be even 50 gbps totally). The short answer is caching CDN (it's also possible to add peer-to-peer file serving if you have enough number of active users). Let me know if you want to test this, it's rather easy to setup and very cheap. I am using such setup for videos file serving (300 TB / month is usual traffic). I can offer you a space to host in (not VPS, but i'll manage it) for the mentioned price. The caching cdn setup and manage - free.

do you have test IP for testing?

@timnboys said:
    Not me I don't if I detect you are sending too much bandwidth in too little time indicating a ddos I will centrally have you terminated and reported according to my tos: https://cubedata.net/Terms.htm which I agree with @techhelper1 that there is no use for this outside malicious use. so all I can say good luck trying to find that as whoever accepts you if anyone ever does. because there is no legal reason for having that much specs for anything that isn't for malicious reasons

most all of bandwidth is takes by images even I used cached plugins.

• @AlexanderM said:
    Thanks :) Our Hong Kong location in our only location thats full SSD. All other locations are mostly SSD cached.

I don't see Hongkong location in your LET offer?

your new website design looks good :D

But I already have 8 active vps with you, don't want to put eggs on the one basket.

• @linuxthefish said:

If for malicious, why I need to choose quadranet? many of provider offer cheaper bandwidth.

• PeroniPeroni Member

@timnboys said:
    because there is no legal reason for having that much specs for anything that isn't for malicious reasons

Roflmao.... avoids your service

• @Peroni said:
    @timnboys said: because there is no legal reason for having that much specs for anything that isn't for malicious reasons

>

Roflmao.... avoids your service

really because I wouldn't avoid my service because of that because first of all if you are going to use that amount of specs you better be coming up with a good justification for it(which is the reason for the malicious comment as I have yet to see a valid and good justification for those specs.)

This discussion has been closed.