Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EidolonHost.com down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EidolonHost.com down

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
edited November 2012 in Providers

The website and my VPS with them went offline for some hours, then IPs came back up as pingable but with Connection Refused on the website IP, and with a different SSL identity on my VPS IP, i.e. a fresh VPS or some other customer's server. I usually wouldn't panic that early, but these symptoms don't look good at all.
I wonder if anyone around here was using this host besides me? :D

Comments

• Never heard of them. According to Google nothing happened. Try sending them a support ticket?

• @Ishaq said: Never heard of them. According to Google nothing happened. Try sending them a support ticket?

Its @KeiroD's company.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@Ishaq
    One Does Not Simply send a support ticket if the provider has their whole damn website down too :p

• @rm_ hope you didn't pay yearly :)

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited November 2012

@rm_ said: One Does Not Simply send a support ticket if the provider has their whole damn website down too :p

You may luck if they don't host their email on their server :D (Hotmail or Google would be great, lol)

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited November 2012

Reply removed.

• Nevermind, no point if everything is down.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@Ishaq said: Nevermind, no point if everything is down.

Indeed, they likely already know about it and working hard to fix it or they still know but cant do s**t, so a ticket will not help with anything.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2012

The owner came to LET IRC, from what I understood it was an unfortunate coincidence of a RAID failure and a miscommunication with the DC, that resulted in some data loss. I got my refund (and haven't lost any data) so no any complaints from me.

A reminder to everyone, backup your important VPSes daily.

@rm_ said: A reminder to everyone, backup your important data daily.

There, fixed it.

• @rm_ said: it was an unfortunate

This guy has more bad luck than @CVPS_Chris Still owes me $90 after I got a server of his unsuspended at some DC a couple months back

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

@miTgiB said: Still owes me $90 after I got a server of his unsuspended at some DC a couple months back

Good luck with ever collecting.

@KeiroD We're still waiting on our payment.

• @qps said: Good luck with ever collecting

I don't ever expect to get paid back, it is now good for harassment rights

@miTgiB said: harassment rights

:D that was a good one !

• @miTgiB said: I don't ever expect to get paid back, it is now good for harassment rights

Demand he make you a pie. Then half eat it and then take a picture of it.