Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Laptop not turning on!? Samsung NP R519!?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Laptop not turning on!? Samsung NP R519!?

raysmtaraysmta Member

Well, I run my laptop usually without battery because I lost my original one, so I just plug it in direct with my plug/charger. So the problem is sometimes it comes on sometimes it doesn't..

Shall I go ahead and buy a battery? It'll cost me a few pounds.

Comments

• Any help would be appreciated! :)

• ehabehab Member

get a new laptop.

• No.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited July 2015

@raysmta said:
    Shall I go ahead and buy a battery? It'll cost me a few pounds.

That would be good idea but

You should take the laptop to samsung service center check for any issue with power delivery and charging circuit because if you were using laptop with no battery with direct charger configuration that may cause ur charging circuit to heat but

I'm no expert in laptop support just a geek advice

• @ehab said:
    get a new laptop.

This will also help

(Just a joke)

• Normally when your battery goes full. If the laptop is still plugged in it will automatically switch to direct power connection.

In this case you've no battery. I think in some cases overuse of direct connection may cause motherboard power circuit to failure. You'll have to check the laptop by one of the authorized repair center in your area.

Also buy a battery or fix yourself a one. I've fixed them many times for rural school kids who had 2nd/3rd hand laptops to use for free.

You can buy similar kind of rechargeable battery from market and solder them together.

• Well.. I did disconnect my LCD as well.
    I want to use it as a private cloud server/storage. To store important files on it.
    If I buy a battery is it likely to work?

• raysmta said: cloud server

Urm. This isn't possible if you're seeking real cloud. But you can build a storage server using FreeNAS or similar software.

• raysmta said: If I buy a battery is it likely to work?

Most likely not, if you can find a new motherboard or same laptop with broken LCD on eBay then replace that...

• Omg... it's currently off and only sometimes comes on, but sometimes unexpectedly turns off.. I think, because there is no battery. That must be the problem.

• ehabehab Member

@4n0nx may want to say something.

• pcanpcan Member

Have you checked the power connector and the power cord? Does the cord have any lump or bend that may hint at a underlining insulation fault? Does the laptop turn off when you move the cord? Have you tried to use a different power supply? This is the usual culprit when the laptop is turning off while battery is removed. Inserting the battery merely masks the issue.

Thanked by 1Nixtren
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

ehab said: @4n0nx may want to say something.

You called for me, senpai?

• ehabehab Member

@4n0nx said:
    You called for me, senpai?

yeahh, maybe i wanted some comments from you ... please excuse me, i was bored. apologies to raysmta.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Lol

• All Samsung laptops work without battery (and so does any other brand, i have NEVER seen a laptop that does not boot on power cord in 10years). Your issue is something much more deeper and will not be solved by adding one.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

remove power connection...

press hold power button for 30-45 secs

connect power again

try switching it back on...

try a few times.. if there is nothing else wrong with the comp, the above will work

• @raysmta said:
    Omg... it's currently off and only sometimes comes on, but sometimes unexpectedly turns off.. I think, because there is no battery. That must be the problem.

Or maybe you need power cable replacement try with other one if you have a spare

• I bought a new battery, plugged it in and my charger.
    The led on my laptop is 'orange'. Is that a good sign?

• @raysmta said:
    I bought a new battery, plugged it in and my charger.
    The led on my laptop is 'orange'. Is that a good sign?

Batteries have a little bit of power in them, who's to say the power cable port isn't broken? If it has broken then you won't recharge the battery and therefore will die again… You need to learn to listen to the advice given you above, either buy a new one or go to a repair shop to ensure the motherboard and the ports are working fine.

• Well, sometimes you can be wrong.
    I searched it up, and the orange LED is a sign of charging.
    Once, the orange led turns off or tunrs green, it means Laptop is charged.

I turned on my laptop without the battery today, and it worked, but I decided to switch it off and wait for the battery to come. I think the Laptop may have some over heating issues.

I have removed my LCD as it was broken, so I use an External Monitor and Remote Control. So can it be due to that me leaving wires left in the motherboard. I tried opening up my laptop, but I can't fully open it because ther are wires connected to the keyboard and they're too far to reach to take out. So I cannot take out the rest of the LCD Wires.