Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cpanel account with shell access
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpanel account with shell access

I am looking for a cpanel reseller account that allows for shell access to accounts that I create, I have clents that need sftp access. Can anyone here offer that?

Comments

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
  • SadySady Member

I know that bluehost, webhostingbuzz & hostgator allows it. These are the three where I've got SSH access to resolve my clients's issues.

• I know BuyShared does, so I'm guessing their reseller plans do as well.

• BruceBruce Member

I can offer cpanel reseller. SFTP works. how much space do you need ? what's your budget/spec/location ?

• That reminds me: I wonder when cPanel will allow resellers to login via SSH and modify sub-account files.

• cassacassa Member

+1 for BuyShared. I can confirm that resellers and end users have shell access

• if BuyShared has shell access (never tried) i can recommend it as well - Though the EU/LU locations suffered from extreme downtime issues @Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@William said:
    if BuyShared has shell access (never tried) i can recommend it as well - Though the EU/LU locations suffered from extreme downtime issues Francisco

I've not had any new LU reports since I fixed litespeeds auto restart. Someone updated their uptime tracker but I never asked. The reports he had given me lined up with litespeeds own restart logs. It showed 1 1/2 hours or so down in June.

Our plans have cagefs by default, so you can SSH in and do what you need. Using it to try to run applications you shouldn't (BNC's, etc) is going to get you suspended though :P

Francisco

• @francisco thank you for the info, client is just looking to run a small java application

• thedarkfox said: client is just looking to run a small java application

In this cases, Java programs are much resource hungry. Using a VPS will give you good results.

• @sdglhm I would usually agree but this is very small, a simple schedule call and does not require a lot of resources

@thedarkfox said:
    sdglhm I would usually agree but this is very small, a simple schedule call and does not require a lot of resources

You're hooped. cPanel removed java/tomcat support in 11.50, which means short of trying to jimmy rig your own install of java in there it isn't going to work properly.

You're best off finding an affordable VPS and go that route.

Francisco

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Wow @francisco thanks for the info that saves me some money. Do you have any offers on LET right now?

@thedarkfox said:
    Wow francisco thanks for the info that saves me some money. Do you have any offers on LET right now?

Not on here, but you can check us out at http://buyvm.net :)

Francisco

• Nothing big needed just a one or two core 1gb ram and maybe 10gb storage.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

@thedarkfox said:
    Nothing big needed just a one or two core 1gb ram and maybe 10gb storage.

Hello, if you PM me I can put you on a Dallas Cpanel Node I have at Softlayer.

• Maybe site5

• William said: Though the EU/LU locations suffered from extreme downtime issues

We find it working very well for us no complaints from clients in fact two clients commented on how fast it is. Credit where credit is due @Francisco keep up the good work

Thanked by 1Francisco

@solarman said:

Thanks :) @William isn't wrong, the LU shared did have some bumps/bruises but once I had a lead on them I've (hopefully) fixed them up.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope all it well :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1solarman
  • I am with Francisco/Reseller hosting and they have provided me with shell access. My account is not heavily used but overall I am happy customer.