Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Help Finding Softlayer VPS Reseller
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Help Finding Softlayer VPS Reseller

PacManPacMan Member

A while back, I ran into a site that sold Softlayer VPS from multiple locations (e.g. Seattle, San Jose, Hong Kong, etc.). I've tried looking through my browser history and back trace any searches I might of done to try and find the site, but was unsuccessful.

So I wanted to know if anyone has come across a site like this.

Thanked by 1alice2k

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Softlayer are changing their politics and target large enterprises only now. New machines come with only 500GB of traffic and cost the Earth to upgrade to 10TB of BW.

I doubt you will find any resellers that offer next to good pricing on their VMs now. Good luck, though.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

I have an account in Softlayer. PM me your specs and we can work something out on a VPS.

• PacManPacMan Member

@AlexBarakov said:
    Softlayer are changing their politics and target large enterprises only now. New machines come with only 500GB of traffic and cost the Earth to upgrade to 10TB of BW.

I doubt you will find any resellers that offer next to good pricing on their VMs now. Good luck, though.

Oh, I see. Was this a recent change? Because when I said a while back, I meant just like 1-2 months or so time ago. I don't really remember the pricing and such from the seller, but I just knew they offered Softlayer VPS from multiple locations.

If you or anyone who might of come by such a site or similar site, let me know.

• Cloud.net ?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • CrogicCrogic Member

I have a node in San Jose. PM me if interested.

• If anybody is looking for Softlayer dedicated servers, AYKsolutions resells a lot at competitive pricing (I don't work/get paid by them, I get their offers and many providers offers via email)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • 100tb.com use softlayer network, but yeah:

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

We're doing Hong Kong with Softlayer. It's not yet available for orders but if you need a server there, email (abdullah@) and I will set you up. Same (VZ only, KVM coming soon) plans as other locations on our site. Our other locations are not SL, though.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@AutoSnipe Maybe?

• @davidgestiondbi - Thanks, But I've only got San Jose there, mainly full of personal stuff. but. with old bandwidth rules. have a few IPs left over here and there, so can make a VM up if needed but yeh.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

check out

http://www.gogohost.com/
    they use softlayer datacenters

• UrDNUrDN Member
    edited July 2015

Softlayer is trash, they lie a lot about how they are working. They also partner with "blacklist" makers to permit marketers to spam from their network. Very shady company. If they are changing their prices I think it's kind of good, it will prevent naives from hosting on their network.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@dediserve said:
    Cloud.net ?

+1 for Cloud.net :)

• Is anyone reselling in the Softlayer Seoul region? This seems to be the only way to get native IPv6 in Korea.

• @dk2579 said:
    Is anyone reselling in the Softlayer Seoul region? This seems to be the only way to get native IPv6 in Korea.

you had to bump a two-year old thread to find out? I think ucloud biz also provides IPv6 too(not sure). Why would you need IPv6 in Korea anyway? I'm Korean, and our local network isn't even IPv6 compatible...

• dk2579dk2579 Member
    edited April 2017

I think ucloud biz also provides IPv6 too(not sure).

Unfortunately not, I asked them about two months ago.

Why would you need IPv6 in Korea anyway? I'm Korean, and our local network isn't even IPv6 compatible...

Because its about time and SK Telecom started adopting IPv6 in their mobile network.

I am currently using the free v6 tunnel by KISA (vsix.kr) but would prefer do build something on my own. HE.net tunnels are worthless in Korea (bad peering with KT).

• @dk2579 said:

I think ucloud biz also provides IPv6 too(not sure).

Unfortunately not, I asked them about two month ago.

Why would you need IPv6 in Korea anyway? I'm Korean, and our local network isn't even IPv6 compatible...

Because its about time and SK Telecom started adopting IPv6 in their mobile network.

I am currently using the free v6 tunnel by KISA (vsix.kr) but would prefer do build something on my own. HE.net tunnels are worthless in Korea (bad peering with KT).

Well, which other providers have you tried? Maybe try AWS(won't be good for tunneling because of high BW cost...), ToastCloud (NHN Ent.), VisionCloud(CJ HelloVision), Cafe24(they do have IPv6 on their 'Dictionary of Terms')

• It will be better off getting a VPS on JP than Korea if you need IP6

• @sanvit said:
    Well, which other providers have you tried?

Yeah, basically almost every provider I could find in the last few weeks. Nayana does at least a little bit IPv6 for their webspace, but for nothing else. Even KINX wasn't able to help.

AWS and Softlayer are currently the only (but priciest) options. The latter has wonderful (uncensored) transit out of Korea with much better throughput than KT or SK.

Yes, I've used a VPS in JP for a while but it is not snappy enough for my taste, also Geo-IP is an issue.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2017

@dk2579 Google tells me that NAYANA offers IPv6 (was a blogpost olin 2012 sp not sure..)

Softlayer seems to have it's VPS lineup...

http://softlayer.com/m-ko/virtual-servers

• I dont know if @deployvm has ipv6 on his korea lineup, might be worth a mention.

• @sanvit said:
    @dk2579 Google tells me that NAYANA offers IPv6 (was a blogpost olin 2012 sp not sure..)

http://softlayer.com/n-ko/virtual-servers

Yes, Nayana peers v6 with KISA for their webspace (more of an experiment and not really used). Not possible for their servers unfortunately.

I currently have the cheapest ~27USD VPS in Softlayer Seoul but I was hoping for something even more low-end.

@teamacc

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

• https://hostus.us/ some locations are SoftLayer for OVZ.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

@dk2579 said: Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

Hello!

Sorry, our DC (KT) is not offering IPv6 for production. We can provide 'low-end' virtual machines in Korea though. Please send me a PM for a test IP.

• deployvm said: We can provide 'low-end' virtual machines in Korea

Could you PM me the price/spec/test ip please?

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

@sanvit said:

deployvm said: We can provide 'low-end' virtual machines in Korea

Could you PM me the price/spec/test ip please?

You can also check here: https://www.xhostfire.com/clientarea/cart.php?gid=30

We can make custom plans too.

• Are there any SL resellers of Sao Paolo, Brazil?

• I suggest 100TB.com

• @dk2579 said:

@sanvit said:

http://softlayer.com/n-ko/virtual-servers

Yes, Nayana peers v6 with KISA for their webspace (more of an experiment and not really used). Not possible for their servers unfortunately.

I currently have the cheapest ~27USD VPS in Softlayer Seoul but I was hoping for something even more low-end.

@teamacc

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

Bit late, but vpsfast.us says they give IPv6