Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Layer.ae Free IPv6 VPS for developers :-) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Layer.ae Free IPv6 VPS for developers :-)

Comments

• gianggiang Veteran

Oh well, the VPS is activated for now, almost instant activation :D

• Got it :D Thank you!

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

rm_ said: as promised, btw

This is the case, however, I cant possibly accept 300+ orders. It had to be in batches. Some people got them last week, while others had to wait to this week.

justin4869 said: Really want to know your distribution speed, is it faster or slower than "Another month or two"

A batch has received their welcome emails today, please let me know if you didn't get it yet.

A big thanks to those who waited patiently, and believed ;)

Additional features are going to be constantly rolled out, and yes, I know the control panel's design is old, it does its job for now, till its ported into the integrated layer panel down the road.

• rsk said: A batch has received their welcome emails today, please let me know if you didn't get it yet.

I just ordered one :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

rsk said: This is the case, however, I cant possibly accept 300+ orders.

The lesson here is don't promise more than you can fulfill. E.g. use an automated website and add only as much stock as you are ready to rapidly deliver.

rm_ said: The lesson here is don't promise more than you can fulfill. E.g. use an automated website and add only as much stock as you are ready to rapidly deliver.

That is exactly why stock control is available ;)

• htgyhtgy Member

Just got the email, but it is out of stock.
    Look like I am too late.

@htgy said:
    Just got the email, but it is out of stock.
    Look like I am too late.

Due to some fraud orders, we put that stock back in to keep it fair :)

Thanked by 1htgy
  • Just got one like a couple hours ago, thanks, it's awesome!

• ATHKATHK Member

Yay got mine ,thank you!

However .. None of the containers have a connection OUT to the internet? I can log in to the VPS fine.. A first I thought it was the template, so I decided to install another, that resulted in the same issue.

So installing anything from a package manager will just timeout .. not much fun when trying to install NodeJS or ping/ping6 any address..

@ATHK said:
    Yay got mine ,thank you!

However .. None of the containers have a connection OUT to the internet? I can log in to the VPS fine.. A first I thought it was the template, so I decided to install another, that resulted in the same issue.

So installing anything from a package manager will just timeout .. not much fun when trying to install NodeJS or ping/ping6 any address..

Try restarting networking "service network restart"

Ping6 should work, package managers too. This was all checked during closed beta. If you face issues, open a ticket ;)

• ATHK said: None of the containers have a connection OUT to the internet?

I've fix mine by changing default ipv4 dns to ipv6 dns address.

• v998v998 Member
    edited August 2015

@ATHK There is Internet access for IPv6...

Well, the preconfigured DNS servers are IPv4, so I changed it to the IPv6 ones then I can get to the IPv6 network :)

@rsk Thank you for the free VPS, but...no IPv4 internet access?

• htgyhtgy Member

@rsk said:
    Due to some fraud orders, we put that stock back in to keep it fair :)

Just got one. Many thanks.

shaifulroni said: I've fix mine by changing default ipv4 dns to ipv6 dns address.

These values get changed automatically within a minute to reflect ipv6 dns.

v998 said: Actually the preconfigured DNS servers are IPv4, so I changed it to the IPv6 ones then I can get to the IPv6 network :)

These values get changed automatically within a minute to reflect ipv6 dns.

v998 said: No IPv4 internet access?

No, these are IPv6 only.

• ATHKATHK Member

@shaifulroni said:
    I've fix mine by changing default ipv4 dns to ipv6 dns address.

They are indeed IPv4, using Google 8.8..

@rsk networking was restarted :) that didn't fix it.

• ATHKATHK Member

@v998 said:
    ATHK There is Internet access for IPv6...

Well, the preconfigured DNS servers are IPv4, so I changed it to the IPv6 ones then I can get to the IPv6 network :)

That's the only thing I didn't look at.....

@ATHK please pm me your VPSID or IP I'll check it out for you :)

• ATHKATHK Member

PM'd

• Received email with the link, brings me to an out of stock page. Guess I'll wait for the next batch! Thanks.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Missed it too. Next time.

• TomTom Member
    edited August 2015

Anyone else getting this?

edited: https://paste.ee/p/QDM5h

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited August 2015

@Yoda For that template, you need to comment out all rackster-server mirrors and turn the German debian mirrors into ftp.debian.org.

My Wheezy sources.list:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
    deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
    deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main contrib non-free

• TomTom Member

@Traffic said:
    Yoda For that template, you need to comment out all rackster-server mirrors and turn the German debian mirrors into ftp.debian.org.

My Wheezy sources.list:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
    > deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
    > deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main contrib non-free
    > 

Thanks! Appeared to work ;)

• Well, this is a bit of a bummer. I received the email and it's already out of stock because I didn't jump on it within the first three hours. I thought you were rolling these out in batches, only sending out as many emails as you had stock for? The phrasing of the email certainly suggested a guaranteed spot.

• Erm.. I won't be left out of the email for the next batch because I received the email for this batch, will I?

Hello,

No one will be left out randomly. We are taking orders up to our capacity till we add additional nodes.

Please remember as this is a free service, we can't just scale right away.

When we only sent out mails to those selected, everyone thought we are lying, or doing something that will never arrive. Thus, it was decided to mass mail and allow people to signup at their own will.

We will definitely send out another mass mail when additional stock is available for grabs.

Unfortunately, it is not a guaranteed spot.

Thanked by 2hotsnow cassa