Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server under $10 that I can bring my own Windows license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server under $10 that I can bring my own Windows license

Hi,

I am looking for a dedicated server under $10 that support custom iso because I can bring both iso file and my own Windows license. The spec is not high, all CPU should be fine (x86). The HDD is better if it's SSD (20G is enough), but it's OK if it's HDD. RAM is at least 1GB (2GB is better). Anyone can give me a recommendation? Thanks.

Comments

• MikeInMikeIn Member

@MarkTurner If you are ready to pay for a quarter or half yearly. He should have something for you in his pocket....

Check kimsufi.com/Online.net Can not remember if they support Windows or not in all there servers.

Also @rds100 do you have something?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

MikeIn said: Check kimsufi.com/Online.net Can not remember if they support Windows or not in all there servers.

@joodle has made guides and images to do it on OVH (and Online I think as well.)

• rds100rds100 Member

MikeIn said: Also @rds100 do you have something?

Nah, we don't encourage the use of pirated software on our network.

• $7.68 / month

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

VIA Nano U2250 1.6Ghz (No IPMI)

You can install windows with Joodle's method as Kimsufi

Thanked by 1netomx
  • davidavi Member

If you are interested I have one idle kidechire server from online.net for rent.

• Thank you for all of your supports!

@davi said:
    If you are interested I have one idle kidechire server from online.net for rent.

Please inbox me the price. Thanks!

@rds100 said:

:). I have my own legal valid genuine directed good license.

• rds100rds100 Member

windytime90 said: :). I have my own legal valid genuine directed good license.

It's not impossible, it's just strange that someone paid more than $1000 for a legitimate windows server license and then is looking for an under $10/month server to use it on :)

• You know if your a student or a university computer degree student you get keys for free. There's 2 keys in can get to Windows server... So

There is a chance,,,, albeit low

• @cmsjr123 said:
    You know if your a student or a university computer degree student you get keys for free. There's 2 keys in can get to Windows server... So

There is a chance,,,, albeit low

yep, I am doing the thesis for my master degree at university(Computer science).

• rds100 said: it's just strange that someone paid more than $1000 for a legitimate windows server license

Individual server license are at $25/per processor

windytime90 said: yep, I am doing the thesis for my master degree at university(Computer science).

Get your dreamspark account. But remember you cannot host any commercial applications on this license.

• sdglhm said: Get your dreamspark account. But remember you cannot host any commercial applications on this license.

No, I have read throughout the license term. I can host some commercial applications provided by my dreamspark account, too (Such as VS).

• edited July 2015

@windytime90 said:
    No, I have read throughout the license term. I can host some commercial applications provided by my dreamspark account, too (Such as VS).

When you have a computer engineering degree and computer eng and science department. You get a different account that's not dreamspark that requires verification etc. It has full windows software and keys to anything they make...ie the reason why it's reserved for computer eng and science departments as the school pays for this special account . My school is very strict about who it authorizes for its use.

So it is fully possible. Don't forget. But everyone is not doing something illegal just something you don't know about.

Thanked by 2windytime90 GM2015
  • Get a BizPark account. ;)

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • Cpt_BenCpt_Ben Member
    edited July 2015

@rds100 I'm a student and our university has got a program called Dreamspark in which we get free license for all kinds of Windows programs. (from windows 7 to 10, Windows Server 2008 is included as well) I'm just saying.

• @rds100 that's what I thought. Plus why does he need custom iso support? Spells cracked to me

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    rds100 that's what I thought. Plus why does he need custom iso support? Spells cracked to me

We shouldn't assume the worst of people, but this is LET.

• servdiscount.com would be an idea as well. With them you can install Windows on the server and use your own license. For a server <= 10$/m you may have to wait a bit until one gets available again.

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • @Nekki said:
    We shouldn't assume the worst of people, but this is LET.

MY VPS DOWN FOR 1 MINUTE. THESE SCAM ME. I WANT REFUND FOR NON-SLA SERVICE.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Well... assuming you can use Delimiter $5/m dedi and QEMU...