Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedicated Server Deals In Dallas, Texas.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedicated Server Deals In Dallas, Texas.

JeffreyJeffrey Member
edited November 2012 in General

Hello everyone, I am planning on expanding the services over at GHS (GridHostingSolutions) to FTP Backup Space. I am currently planning on offering this: 100GB Backup Space (Raidx), Unmettered Bandwidth $10/Month. The only problem is, GHS is focused at offering services in Dallas, Texas. Know of any good dedicated server deals in Dallas, Texas? Preferably a host that has a cage inside Colo4 Dallas Datacenter. Thanks!

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2012

Incero is having some great deals right now if you check out their thread at WHT.

• Incero or COLO@

• @lshaq I'm not looking to colocate, rent. And @jarland, The Incero Dedi's seem to have A LOT of ram and high processors. Since I'll be doing FTP Backups, I won't need much ram and a heavy processor. HDD Space is the highest priority.

• @Jeffrey I see. What's your budget per month?

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited November 2012

@Ishaq Preferably under $100/Month.

• @Jeffrey Cheapest plan is with TMS (TailorMadeServers) at $119, you could contact them for a quote on your required specifications though, they use the COLO4 DC, tons of good reviews. Or you could go with Softlayer's DC, but that's around $159 for the cheapest plan. Again, you can try contacting them for a custom quote ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I would consider going out of Dallas for FTP backup. Dallas is so expensive compared to some places that would be perfectly acceptable if you don't need an internal link between the two. Dacentec, for example.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

@jarland said: I would consider going out of Dallas for FTP backup. Dallas is so expensive compared to some places that would be perfectly acceptable if you don't need an internal link between the two. Dacentec, for example.

Yup, agree. I told him on Skype just now (before you posted). ;)

• Depends on what you really want @Jeffrey. Port speed, total bandwidth, CPU, RAM.

Datashack has a current special (Kansas City) which connectivity that is as good as any facility (my opinion):
    Xeon E3-1230 3.2Ghz (4 cores/8 threads)
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    1TB SATA Hard Drive
    20TB Transfer on 1Gbit Port
    Any Linux Distribution
    Free DirectAdmin for Linux
    5 Usable IPv4 IP addresses
    /64 IPv6 Address Space
    Unmanaged

$0 Setup / $99 per month
    http://www.datashack.net/cart/?id=183

Others have mentioned Incero. Good company out of Colounlimited facility in Dallas,TX. Price point is higher, but typically have multiple drives and slightly higher end hardware.

• @Jeffrey said: Hello everyone, I am planning on expanding the services over at GHS (GridHostingSolutions) to FTP Backup Space. I am currently planning on offering this: 100GB Backup Space (Raidx), Unmettered Bandwidth $10/Month. The only problem is, GHS is focused at offering services in Dallas, Texas. Know of any good dedicated server deals in Dallas, Texas? Preferably a host that has a cage inside Colo4 Dallas Datacenter. Thanks!

We can get you hooked up for less than $100/mo inside our rack probably, as we have some spare hardware and rackspace.

We are at corexchange in Dallas (pretty close to colo4). We moved out of colo4 for various reasons. Please contact me if you are interested in our offerings.

• Depending on your storage requirements, we could help you out in Dallas.

We have a rack at CoreExchange.

• The reason why I am looking at Dallas, Texas for a location is because our site is already focused at Dallas, Texas only. As you can see, http://gridhostingsolutions.com

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited November 2012

I ordered one these specials a few months back, worked alright but didn't need it after the first month:

https://www.virtbiz.com/modernbill/app-modernbill-order/cart.php?orderFormID=1&action=25&productID=56&productVariantID=142&cycleID=3

VirtBiz are a fairly small company, got their own DC. Not sure if they have any in stock now but certainly great value if you upgrade to the 2x1TB SATA. I'd probably recommend asking them if there are any more in stock before ordering.

• @jkr1711 were you satisfied with the service (even though it was only a month)?

I ordered one these specials a few months back, worked alright but didn't need it after the first month

• Yeah they were quick enough to respond, friendly. And because they're fairly small I found it easy to get through to actual engineers. There was a full power failure on the rack I was on, they sent an electrician and it came back in 6 minutes if I remember correctly

• Thanks @jkr1711 ... missing the thank you button right now lol

• @Corey, Corexchange / Colounlimited is one of the best facilities in the entire country.

We do business with them also.

Incero, who often gets recommended is out of this facility also.

• Are you drunk pubcrawler? That's not even close to true. Their facility is embarrassing wen compared to the true top class stuff.

• Well let's see @mikehighend :)

I consider a facility to be tops based on:

1. Network performance broadly - from many different points. Their upstream provider blend works very well and the network is consistently well performing.

2. Ticketing - how fast a facility responds and resolves tickets. They are pretty good by my accounts. One of the better facilities in this regard and I am not some large customer getting special treatment.

3. Price. Compare their rates to the other "top class" facilities.

4. Uptime. I've been with this facility for two years. I can't recall any major outage that impacted me due to power outage, upstream network failure, etc. Stable as it gets.

I gave up on visiting facilities and worshiping UPS units, giant gen sets and other gizmos years ago.

So while they might not be a gazillion dollar build out like say Equinix, they aren't some fools with a cage in someone else's datacenter. People behind Corexchange/Colounlimited aren't 22 year old kids either. They are somewhat well known proven industry professionals.

• @mikehighend said: Are you drunk pubcrawler? That's not even close to true. Their facility is embarrassing wen compared to the true top class stuff.

He is affiliated with another provider that is in colo4 I believe. The support @colo4 is sub par compared to corexchange. Sorry. Also - nothing special about colo4 compared to corexchange.

• @Corey said: He is affiliated with another provider that is in colo4 I believe. The support @colo4 is sub par compared to corexchange. Sorry. Also - nothing special about colo4 compared to corexchange.

I'm sure @pubcrawler is a troll anyways

• A troll? Come on @HalfEatenPie. Seems like you are trolling and thread derailing here bub.

• We've been with CX for a year now. Could not be more happy.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We are colo in corexchange i'd recommanded them :).