Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WordPress Security Update Issued
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WordPress Security Update Issued

SadySady Member
edited July 2015 in General

Hey,

Just received an email

WordPress 4.2.3 is now available. This is a critical security release for all previous versions and we strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.

WordPress versions 4.2.2 and earlier are affected by a critical cross-site scripting vulnerability, which could allow anonymous users to compromise a site.

More details at: https://wordpress.org/news/2015/07/wordpress-4-2-3/

Am I the only one who thinks that security updates are usual nowadays?

Comments

• MikeInMikeIn Member

only within places were the community and project managers/ handlers are active.

And is quite good!

• FritzFritz Veteran

Basically, if you give comment >64KB in size with some 64 encoded codes and the admin see it (to approve comment), the attacker can gain access to admin panel.

• Sady said: Am I the only one who thinks that security updates are usual nowadays?

Yes, security updates are not unusual.

Surely you meant to ask something else. lol :)

From what I understood, this WP vulnerability only effects those who use multiple accounts on their site. In any case it should probably have been updated automatically.