Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHT Staff Demonstration Wednesday Morning
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHT Staff Demonstration Wednesday Morning

NexHostNexHost Member
edited July 2015 in General

Found out that on Wednesday that all WHT Staff are having a demonstration.

This is so that they can show Penton that the current staff are needed to moderate the forum. This is the company who bought out iNET and they are now saying that they are able to moderate the forum and that they don't need the current staff. So WHT are doing this so someone moans about it to Penton

I agree with penton they do not need the current Moderation Team and can moderate the boards without the current staff team.

So from Wednesday 9AM there will be no staff for 24 hours :)

Comments

• So, we should post there as much useless threads as we can from Wednesday 9PM?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Great. I just left the store. I guess I can run by Walgreens and pick up some popcorn.

• Source?

• @Frecyboy said:
    So, we should post there as much useless threads as we can from Wednesday 9PM?

I guess so :)> @HostMyBytes said:

Source?

I have my sources cannot disclose that sorry.

• @jmckeag12 Fair enough, I respect that. Well, we have plenty of gripes about WHT moderation and would love to see Penton replace them all.

• The_creatorThe_creator Member
    edited July 2015

Looks like they got inspired from reddit undermining the staff value on community site not a good idea imho :/

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

@HostMyBytes said:
    jmckeag12 Fair enough, I respect that. Well, we have plenty of gripes about WHT moderation and would love to see Penton replace them all.

I have been waiting a very long time. to see their staff team get replaced or even to see their positions being threatened is providing me some joy. Might sound horrible but I do hate all the WHT Team they are stuck up and stubborn.

70% of the sales coming from WHT are all spammers and abusers anyway. So no need to worry about being banned for Life. Don't have to worry about the one sided reviews either :)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Oh no the WHT staff are going away?!?!? Good riddance. Hope the demonstration is for like 5-10 years and not just 1 night.

• WHTWHT Member

No bear and other animals anymore? Are you sure?

• @WHT said:
    No bear and other animals anymore? Are you sure?

For 1 day :)

• When wht was sold?So they are kicking all the current staff.Mods and admin both?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

WHT=/=reddit, it is way-way less complex, frankly, one person on duty is more than enough except some really rare cases when they may need some help.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • I thought the mods (not admins) were doing it for free? It shouldn't be hard to relieve them of their positions.

• Commence WHT bashing.

jmckeag12 said: Might sound horrible but I do hate all the WHT Team they are stuck up and stubborn.

They're rude and even mkossen has had issues with them, not too long ago:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/36821/webhostingtalk-strange-administration/p1

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

@instatech said:
    When wht was sold?So they are kicking all the current staff.Mods and admin both?

Don't know never said they are kicking all the staff team.

@hellogoodbye said:
    I thought the mods (not admins) were doing it for free? It shouldn't be hard to relieve them of their positions.

Don't know if they are paid or not. But they do get benefits such as rewards.

• jmckeag12 said: But they do get benefits such as rewards

Not to mention the power and respect (from many).

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Don't know if they are paid or not. But they do get benefits such as rewards.

I was just reading this the other day: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1206945

Their "Rewards of being a moderator" doesn't mention anything about money; the closest thing to it would be representing WHT at nearby hosting cons, which will presumably be covered by WHT.

• @Jar said:
    Great. I just left the store. I guess I can run by Walgreens and pick up some popcorn.

@Jar, go buy it before @Dillybob sees this thread cos that's when the entertainment will really start ;-)

• mike1smike1s Member

good riddens, maybe they'll end up firing bear and anon-y-mouse, and I'll be able to get unbanned lol. Those two are the only reason why I'm banned from WHT

Thanked by 2doughmanes shovenose
  • cmpecmpe Member

The green liaisons are low level moderators that are volunteers.

During the inet era, pretty sure the community leaders were considered to be inet employees and also paid.

• WHT said: No bear and other animals anymore? Are you sure?

Relevant username.

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited July 2015

I suppose @dillybob or whatever the username is will be cranking his pecker to this announcement..

• cmpe said: During the inet era, pretty sure the community leaders were considered to be inet employees and also paid.

They're volunteers too.

• I linked this thread to WHT Staff via Ticket :)

• Remind me again, why should I give a fuck?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Remind me again, why should I give a fuck?

You will if WHT Ban you and you get a one sided review where everyone can bash you and you cannot defend your stance.

I had this happen years ago. and majority of the people who was bashing me are mostly all banned and are no longer in operation now. I have a lot of reason myself to give a fuck.

• @hellogoodbye said:
    Their "Rewards of being a moderator" doesn't mention anything about money; the closest thing to it would be representing WHT at nearby hosting cons, which will presumably be covered by WHT.

Moderating a "hub" type niche forum can make you a healthy chunk of money without any salary.

• WHT is semi-dead these days. and as others have said rules do not apply to friends of mods/admins

also i wonder how many of these are legit: There are currently 5009 users online. 166 members and 4843 guests

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • jmckeag12 said: So from Wednesday 9PM there will be no staff for 24 hours :)

$10 says bear will find my new "fake" account and ban me regardless

• @deadbeef said:
    Moderating a "hub" type niche forum can make you a healthy chunk of money without any salary.

But that doesn't change the fact that they're technically volunteers and can easily be let go of if Penton decides to replace the team with their own staff.