Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CPNginx vs NginxCP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CPNginx vs NginxCP

pcfreak30pcfreak30 Member
edited July 2015 in General

So here it seems is another case of a sales guy without a clue on what hes selling (technical background). And the supposed person I was finally transferred to was not any better.

Please excuse my really bad (12 year old style) typing. My brains faster than my hands, so I get sloppy.

Derrick: nginxcp vs cpnginx
Arun Das: Hello, Welcome to Syslint Technologies. How may I help you ?
Derrick: How is your nginx setup better than nginxcp?
Alias P Palal: The cPnginx is a cPanel nginx integration plugin. This plugin will increase your server performance and decrease server loads caused by Apache web server.
Alias P Palal: cPnginx is 100% compatible with cPanel. It have auto-installer, auto-update and uninstaller scripts which will make your job easy to integrate it
Alias P Palal: Nginx will work as a front end reverse proxy of your cPanel server along with apache. Which will increase the performance due to the software architecture
Derrick: I asked whats the differene
Derrick: not a canned replt
Derrick: If you cant give a real answer on the two your just wasting my time.
Derrick: Im a system amin myself just trying to figure whats worth to pay with a free oprion
Derrick: admin*
Derrick: Hello?
Alias P Palal: The main difference is that it will reduce the server loads caused by apache webserver, Where as in nginxcp we can found a wide range of load fluctuation
Derrick: What is the technical difference between the plugins
Derrick: here for facts rather than marketing
Derrick: im an engineer, not a end user
Alias P Palal: Also in nginxcp if the traffic rate is at a high range it will cause some errors like 502 bad gateway error, Where as in cPnginx we can get rid of that at an extend
Derrick: What are you doing differently to prevent that if its both on fcgid?
Alias P Palal: cPnginx Protection Against Malicious attacks Nginx will only pass true http requests and protect against attacks like DDOS from your server
Derrick: as 502 is more often fpm which cpanel doesnt natively do without hacks
Alias P Palal: And it's completely integrated with cPanel, so you can manage it through your WHM itself.
Derrick: um, sorry but thats not anyting you did, i alreay know nginx eas designed to block spoofed/fake htto requests thus anti ddos
Alias P Palal: More, we recommend you to try our trial license, so you can experience the difference well...
Derrick: So are you not able to give and technical info? Im no intereted in what t can do from you. I already read the markting.
Derrick: any*
Alias P Palal: We suggest you to have a 15 days free trial of our plugin inorder to test that
Alias P Palal: It's a cheap plugin providing better performance. You can test it. We don't compare our product with any other product.
Alias P Palal: Our product is using more than 30000+ servers around the world.
Derrick: I will take you ignoring my question as you being a sale guy with a bunch of canned replies. It honestly reflects the companies skill set
Derrick: And the other product is not even commercialm so cant really consider it a product, just a project
Derrick: Regardless it does the same, and ou seem to know nothing nor have the decency to get someone who can properly answer.
Derrick: Have a nice night, wont be getting any referrals or good feedback from me
Alias P Palal: If you need to have a close look on our product 
http://syslint.com/cPnginx
Please go through the this
Alias P Palal: Our product is using more than 30000+ servers around the world. We didnt push you to purchase our plugin, Also we have a 15 days free trial in order to test that.
Alias P Palal: Only if you satisfied you can purchase.
Derrick: You did not push me to anything, you just ignored my real questions and didnt bother to transfer me to someone who could if your not qualified
Arun Das: Hi
Arun Das: You there?
Alias P Palal: I have transered the chat to my colleague, He will assist you.
Arun Das: Hello Derick
Derrick: Hello
Arun Das: yeah..
Arun Das: what do you want to know about our product?
Derrick: read chat history?
Derrick: Tying to get technical facts on what your "product" has an advantage of over nginxcp
Arun Das: first of al we don't care about nginx cp. as you said it's just a product and not a commercial product. About our product, it is configured to provide a better performance based on the server configuration.
Arun Das: Project*
Arun Das: What kind of technical information you need?
Derrick: Not saying that you do care, just trying to know the differences to understand what value your product has if theres a free option
Arun Das: The caparison is all about it's features and technical performance, so what function do you want to know?
Derrick: they both claim basically the same due to nginx abilities. just trying to gigue out what your offering that nginxcp doesnt
Arun Das: I didn’t heard that nginx cp will provide DDOS prevention.. Do you experienced it?
Arun Das: You can compare the features from their website
Derrick: ... You not aware that ddos protection has nothing to do with your product, more of the network design of nginx itself for htto requests.
Derrick: And i havent ever experienced a ddos attach on nginx yet so i cant actually compare, i just know from reading technical info.
Arun Das: Okay.. As I colleague mentioned before, cPngix is currently working on 10000+ servers and all are happy with us...
Arun Das: cPnginx will serve only static requests and it will handle request from port 80. After installing it, apache will move to port 8888.
Arun Das: cPnginx won't have any issue with SSL Or .htaccess rules.
Derrick: Sigh, not doubting that. Just shows you have good marketing yet you as well seem to cant give any real facts thus wasting my time
Derrick: Your treating m as well like an idot. I run a clster od servers, been in hostin 4 years and am a programming
Derrick: Your not saying anything i DONT already know
Derrick: Soeey for my typing
Arun Das: what technical information do you need. I already given the features already.
Derrick: its sloppy when I type too fast.
Arun Das: no problem ...
Arun Das: Actually, what technical information do you need to know more about its working???? Do you need it's working architecture?
Derrick: Your still feeding me what I consider to be marketing. Im asking what does it so that cpnginx does not. as most things seem to be marketed based on nginx abilities alone, nothing you have accomplished
Arun Das: okay.. you can choose any other script or plugin.. We recommend you to test trial on your server.
Derrick: Cause I am not going to endorse a client to pay $5-130 hen I can install something free i virus scanned.
Derrick: Without a reason, meaning knowing what your offering thst im not getting
Derrick: You cant seem to anser something simple which is sad
Arun Das: We can't provide more information rather than these, so if you're not satisfied please look into any other providers. We are happy to server more than 10000+ clients with our product.
Derrick: You cant as in you dont have a clue or your not allowed to give anything past a sales pitch?
Derrick: Cause frankly I dont care about anything on your website which your repeating
Derrick: Nor how many are using uou
Derrick: you
Arun Das: Okay,
Derrick: Its just a simple question.
Arun Das: Have a good day! And find someone else who provide a best product. We are satisfied with our service and support.
Derrick: I already am running nginx on the box in question
Derrick: Your lack of an anwer prevented you sale
Arun Das: I don't understand..
Derrick: Im here from a technical perspective, not someone trying to get sold based on a marketing teams overnight meeting
Derrick: You dont get that I have ngin running on cpanel and am trying to know why I should switch to you?
Arun Das: Im still asking what feature do you want with our product? I can give a clear idea of cPnginx capability.
Derrick: Im not asking fot a new feature, trying to know what you do that pnginx does not
Arun Das: You can experience the performance by choosing a trial license.
Derrick: What in the world is so hard to comprehend that??
Arun Das: do it.. I think it would be the better way to know more about it..
Arun Das: After if you have any troubles with our product, feel free to discuss with us.
Derrick: Again on the sales pitch. Trying to get a simple answer.
Derrick: Sorry but you seem to be useless too. This might be interesting to post online.
Arun Das: Thank you.
Arun Das: You're free to do anything
Arun Das: Thank you for contacting us.

And still yet to get the facts.

Comments

• Free Vs Paid, Both I find are functional and pretty similar

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2015

@dillybob make a video about it :P (sorry, seemed like one of those threads)

but seriously what facts do you want? look on their website. seems cPnginx has auto update and mainly they provide support. I guess if you're capable of trouble shooting software problems yourself you could get the free version

• NomadNomad Member

Also, since when sales guys are real techies and you want them to compare the commercial product with a project.

Maybe you should've gone more spesific. And chances are they don't care.

I'm not going to defend the sales guys, but I think you were a tad offensive up there.

• It also comes down to the fact of whether you think the developers deserve to be paid for their work on this plugin and whether you think the developers of the free alternative, with much less incentive, will continue to update it. I've tried both and was happy with both.

• HybridHybrid Member
    edited July 2015

Havent use both in a while, but the paid one (I forgot the names) is a retarded one with retarded support

We installed the trial on our server which is hosting the yii framework, the yii ajax grids didnt work due to // in url, it kept throwing errors. We contacted the support to report this, they answered in a very unprofessional way saying that the product is perfect and nothing wrong with it.

We switched to the free nginx plugin and never had a problem.

• riuriu Member

Sometime back, we tried installing nginxcp - and it screwed our port settings. The plugin support forum didn't offer adequate support. We ended up rebuilding the server.

Our experience may be an isolated event and may be constrained by our technical knowledge.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Using NginxCP and there has been no issues till now.

Both do the same thing right ? or am I lost ??