Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DediServe 50% for Life!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DediServe 50% for Life!

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share that they've recently launched their Hong Kong location and are offering fifty percent off for life! Personally use these guys for anything production related, been going strong for the past seven months!

http://news.dediserve.com/2015/07/20/dediserve-expands-in-asia-with-launch-of-hong-kong/

Thanked by 1dediserve

Comments

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Shame that their smallest plan is the 2GB ram plan.

Thanked by 1akz
  • Thanks for the mention, we may run a separate LET special later in the week.

Thanked by 1marian
  • blackblack Member

Dang, ram is really expensive :(

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited July 2015

They're a bit more expensive, true that. I'm using them now for 2 weeks (NL) and so far, I couldn't be happier. Performance is great, network looks good and their support is -amazing-. Really fast and qualified answers. Also, they're right now in the process of routing my own PI space for a small setup fee, something not many VPS providers do.

Give them a try if you want some HQ services - it's worth it and cheap compared to Amazon, GCS & others.

• Your own PI space? Are you sure it's not IP?

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

@FlamesRunner said:
    Your own PI space? Are you sure it's not IP

Well, it's PI (provider independent) IP space from RIPE... So both sayings are correct ;)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dediserve has a great product/service :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • I am using the Syd AU location, so far its been really good.
    They have some API issues though, currently the AU location can not do snapshots :(

• @bohdans said:
    I am using the Syd AU location, so far its been really good.
    They have some API issues though, currently the AU location can not do snapshots :(

Odd - have you contacted support? Should be working fine?

• inb4 jkt jkt jkt jkt jkt!!!

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited July 2015

@dediserve Still no Debian 8 template :( ?

• @drazilox said:
    dediserve Still no Debian 8 template :( ?

Deb8 is available in Hong Kong as we are running KVM there

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • bohdansbohdans Member
    edited July 2015

@dediserve Ticket #965526 11th July,
    Yes we are working on the API issue in that location that should fix this, if you need anything done in the meantime simply let us know.
    The snapshot functionality is still not on my console, So I am assuming its still being worked on.

James resolved the issues for me :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited July 2015

@dediserve said:
    Deb8 is available in Hong Kong as we are running KVM there

Do you have ETA for KVM in Amsterdam/will there be KVM in Amsterdam?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • All new Hvs will be Kvm

• RDXRDX Member

I have been waiting for the Hong Kong launch since a few month back. The traceroute to mainland China suggests a very, eh, let's say convoluted routing. I understand without paying for the premium bandwidth this is what's to be expected. Sigh. I think I am sticking with west coast USA for now.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Is SYD nodes KVM?

• bohdans said: Is SYD nodes KVM?

Seems to be XEN.

RDX said: I understand without paying for the premium bandwidth this is what's to be expected

Depends on ISP - Some have high commits and sell you 100Mbit "unmetered" for all three (International, Local, China) BW.

• nfnnfn Veteran

Anyone would post the result of this script and location?

http://goo.gl/imr7Ee

Thanks

• that's what you pay for

@RDX said:
    I have been waiting for the Hong Kong launch since a few month back. The traceroute to mainland China suggests a very, eh, let's say convoluted routing. I understand without paying for the premium bandwidth this is what's to be expected. Sigh. I think I am sticking with west coast USA for now.

• @RDX http://speedtest.dediserve.com/
    Look at some other locations like Sydney?

• @dediserve said:
    All new Hvs will be Kvm

If I delete and recreate my AMS dediserve instance, Will it be KVM automagically?

Or did you mean only new locations will be getting KVM(at least initially)?

• htunhtun Member

+1 for dediserve. You can't go wrong with them. Their support is Awesome! too.
    @vimalware as far as I know, KVM is only available at Hong Kong Location for the time being.

Thanked by 2vimalware dediserve
  • wating Jakarta! JKT! JKT! JKT! :)

• RDXRDX Member

@maoyipeng said:
    that's what you pay for

Yup. I was just saying. Still a great value.

@bohdans said:
    RDX http://speedtest.dediserve.com/
    Look at some other locations like Sydney?

Thanks! Sydney didn't occur to me for reasons. Thanks again. Did a quick test and it seems that the west coast is still the best bet. But I definitely should be looking at Sydney more closely.

• aoleeaolee Member

wow seriously sydney 30GB SSD, 2GBRAM for only 8.23usd per month? is there any catch?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • aoleeaolee Member

sydney is KVM right?

• aoleeaolee Member

i missed the sydney offer.

• sepeisepei Member

@aolee said:
    i missed the sydney offer.

you can still buy sydney now. the 50% off should work on all locations

Thanked by 1dediserve