Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colo/dedicated providers in Northern Africa
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colo/dedicated providers in Northern Africa

dccdcc Member, Host Rep

Are there any decent providers in the region? Specifically the following countries:

Morocco
Algeria
Tunisia
Egypt

Offers are welcome.

Comments

• Thanked by 1dcc
  • Budget?

All of this locations run you EASILY 200$+ for a single server colo with a few Mbit BW.

Forget Algeria, the state telco does not offer services outside of banking, Morocco is not that hard but expensive, Tunisia is hard (but cheap BW) - Egypt is easy, for example http://www.eccsolutions.net/

Thanked by 1dcc
  • ehabehab Member

for Libya i used to work in http://www.bsisp.ly/ you can also check http://libyanspider.com/
    do expect downtimes since electricity is not stable

Thanked by 1dcc
  • dccdcc Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the awesome info!!
    There is no set budget for this but ideally we'd like to keep the cost under $200/mo.

@William do you have experience with eccsolutions? Their contact us form gives me this:

Unable to send email using PHP mail(). Your server might not be configured to send mail using this method.

• WorldWorld Veteran

Looks Bandwagonhost wanna to offer North Africa VPS :P

Thanked by 1dcc

Clarification: $200/mo budget is for 1 dedicated server, not for colo :)

• For how much BW? Outside Egypt 200$ get you like 3Mbit in MA or 10Mbit in TN with an old single CPU Xeon and 2 HDDs.

Thanked by 1dcc

1TB+ ideally, 500GB might work too.
    Then I guess we'd have to stick with Egypt for now.

• hetzner.co.za ?

• @jmckeag12 said:
    hetzner.co.za ?

Since when is South Africa in Northern Africa?

• @ImzTinoz said:
    Since when is South Africa in Northern Africa?

Sorry my bad?

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Sorry my bad?

Next carefully read before posting your BS.

We actually spoke with Hetzner.co.za a few days ago as their BW deal looked unbelievable. Turned out they do not provide remote hands when you colo with them - they said we must arrange third-party RH services, they will not even rack the equipment, not sure why.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

How reliable is city networks?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said:
    How reliable is city networks?

Not Good

Thanked by 1dcc
  • jbiloh said: How reliable is city networks?

Not to be recommended.

Also if you are offering commercial services in Egypt, you need a license.

Thanked by 1dcc
  • ikkoupikkoup Member
    edited July 2015

Libya

(the only ISP in Libya, also it's 100% government-owned)

http://www.ltt.ly/en/

Thanked by 1dcc
  • ikkoup said: (the only ISP in Libya, also it's 100% government-owned)

Not anymore - Multiple small players already popped up in Tripoli and Benghazi, though mainly feed by LTT fiber/transit (but the gov in Benghazi controls the fiber to Italy, which could be leveraged in the future against LTT/gov in Tripoli)

• I am honestly surprised by the variety of hosts in northern africa especially the pricing since I would have thought it would have been alot more.

• William said: Not anymore - Multiple small players already popped up in Tripoli and Benghazi, though mainly feed by LTT fiber/transit (but the gov in Benghazi controls the fiber to Italy, which could be leveraged in the future against LTT/gov in Tripoli)

There's a lot more than that, there is also a pile of Wimax backhaul into Egypt via Marsa Matrough. There is also a Qatari based group in Tripoli building infrastructure, I don't remember their name.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

MarkTurner said: Not to be recommended.

Also if you are offering commercial services in Egypt, you need a license.

Are you doing any hosting in Africa?

• ikkoupikkoup Member
    edited July 2015

@William said:
    Not anymore - Multiple small players already popped up in Tripoli and Benghazi, though mainly feed by LTT fiber/transit (but the gov in Benghazi controls the fiber to Italy, which could be leveraged in the future against LTT/gov in Tripoli)

as a Libyan living in Libya, I only trust LTT.

the small players can flee out anytime if things got worse, and the LTT datacenter is in Tripoli btw.
    also Tripoli controls Italy-Libya submarine cable, the other one is Greece-Libya which is in Darnah (ISIS headquarter in Libya).

things aren't so bright in here, stick with LTT.