Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Investors
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Investors

CoreyCorey Member
edited November 2012 in General

Do any of you have investors? Where can you get investors? How can you get investors?

Comments

• LowEndInvestments?

• @HalfEatenPie said: LowEndInvestments?

:)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie said: LowEndInvestments?

Had a good laugh on that idea! Too bad that's an oxymoron.

@Corey - you have to know the right people to get the best kinds of investments. Otherwise you're looking at run of the mill loans which, from what I can tell, are not always conducive to successfully running a low end VPS business.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

We can invest, depends what your offering.

• @Nick_A said: @Corey - you have to know the right people to get the best kinds of investments. Otherwise you're looking at run of the mill loans which, from what I can tell, are not always conducive to successfully running a low end VPS business.

By knowing the right people you mean - know someone with a lot of money that they have no clue what to do with it?

• BrandonBrandon Member
    edited November 2012

Is this just for capital?

• EIG :D

• @CVPS_Chris said: We can invest, depends what your offering.

Well I know we need a few G's to get growth kickstarted but I'm not sure what we should offer.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Corey said: I'm not sure what we should offer.

LOL

• @netomx said: @Corey said: I'm not sure what we should offer.

LOL

What would you offer an investor?

• Can somebody not pay their bills?

• @Corey said: What would you offer an investor?

Pay back the money at the agreed interest rate at the agreed times

• @Spencer said: Can somebody not pay their bills?

Never said that, I think CVPS-Chris can vouche that we can pay our bills.

• @Zen said: @Corey said: What would you offer an investor?

I'm 12 and what is this

Just wondering because some people might offer a % share based on how much the investor is willing to invest - wondering how many people would actually do that.

• @Zen said: I'm 12 and what is this

It's like when your parents say if you do all your homework they'll give desert. Except in reverse, they give you the desert first. I'm pretty jelly.

@Corey said: What would you offer an investor?

% of the business.

• @Kairus said: It's like when your parents say if you do all your homework they'll give desert. Except in reverse, they give you the desert first. I'm pretty jelly.

... or telling your parents you'll finish the other half of your homework after getting desert. That way you're giving something to them to help ensure them that you will finish your homework.

• Usually it's split of shares. That's how most businesses run.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Corey said: By knowing the right people you mean - know someone with a lot of money that they have no clue what to do with it?

Know someone who has enough money for your needs and who isn't interested in nailing you with interest or high % of shares.

• @bamn said: Pay back the money at the agreed interest rate at the agreed times

That's not an investment, that's a loan.

@Corey said: What would you offer an investor?

Better question is what does the investor want? Are you willing to give it and do you think the share you are left with will be worth more than the whole without the investment.

@Nick_A said: Know someone who has enough money for your needs and who isn't interested in nailing you with interest or high % of shares.

the split is the most common

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2012

We have one investor. Name is Ryan Arp. Guess that isn't really an investor but boy does he invest in it ;)

I recommend personal investments. In this market, its better to not involve people who may be upset at slow returns. This isn't a business for the impatient, in my opinion. It looks very risky from an outsider perspective, with very little return on the investment.

• Talk to http://www.datasales.com/ I can put you in touch with one of the account reps.

• @FRCorey said: Talk to http://www.datasales.com/ I can put you in touch with one of the account reps.

To lease equipment? What advantages are in leasing from Data Sales?

• @Corey, the thread is degrading :)

Get partners for your business. Folks with money are fine, but knowledge and money more valuable.

Need to work on becoming credit worthy as a bonafide business so leasing is possible and net terms instead of fully paying for everything at sale time.

If you can't find such people to join with you, then look to your local fraternal organizations. Many programs out there to put retired executives together with young company that need mentoring.

Connections are invaluable. Referrals are your friend.

• @pubcrawler said: @Corey, the thread is degrading :)

huh?

• I mean the focus of it was getting off topic by the others. :)

• PatsPats Member
    edited November 2012

@miTgiB said: @Corey said: What would you offer an investor?

Better question is what does the investor want?

I think he wants to know the various possibilities what Investor may want from him..

• @Corey

My friend can invest in you if you give him the plans you will sell, he would want a % of the profit.

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited November 2012

@corey dude, just get a business loan from the bank to overdrive your business and repay the loan in over a year or two depending on the amount.