Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kimsufi question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kimsufi question

Long story short, hardisk failed and they replaced a new hardisk. Is there a way to retrive the data? My account is at ovh and they are pushing me to kimsufi. Unfortunately i cant login to kimsufi. Contacted their support and they ask me to go kimsufi.

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

no. Can't recover data from a hard drive that was taken out of your server and probably destroyed.

• OVH has a good support but it takes time them to reply. I've used kimsufi once and never got any reply for the tickets.

If you don't have your backups. I think you're pretty out of options.

• You can purchase the drive off them and they ship it to you last i knew. But that can get costly. Therefore you should have kept regular backups especially on a single drive system

• Well im pretty much fcked. Damit. Still no reply from them.

• cosmicgate said: Still no reply from them.

Waiting time can be vary from few minutes to five weeks (Yup, I've had five weeks reply back from OVH)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2015

Wait, your KS1/2/3... is with OVH you had an old account right?

And as the drive did, they wanted you to move over to Kimsufi or contact the kimsufi support? Shouldn they just replace that drive?

Kimsufi support takes up to 14 days, OVH is quite faster.

• @Infinity580 said:
    Wait, your KS1/2/3... is with OVH you had an old account right?

And as the drive did, they wanted you to move over to Kimsufi or contact the kimsufi support? Shouldn they just replace that drive?

Kimsufi support takes up to 14 days, OVH is quite faster.

They replaced the drive but all my data is still in the old drive. They should had contacted me first before swapping the new drive. Support replied that i can have the old drive (500g) for 150 euros and it's up to me to retrive it from the old drive. Fuck that.

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited July 2015

@AutoSnipe said:

Haha you were right. 150 euros for a 500g broken drive lol.