Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MiniVPS price increase - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MiniVPS price increase

1235»

Comments

• Goob job @MartinD, that solution(s) seems fair to everyone.

• Yeah, the new servers are actually slightly more powerful. We're running raid10 SAS 15k drives on these. All the current OVH plans will remain the same as will the pricing - we're happy to honour that. However, going forward, we wont be offering any new signups on those plans as we're effectively closing down the OVH side.

• Ouch... new announcement:

Following on from our announcement yesterday regarding the price increase for customers on our OVH servers, we have managed to come up with an alternative solution. This will, in effect, render our previous notification null and void. Don't worry, it's good news!

We have have been working hard to find an alternative solution to the price rise and have secured a number of new servers in a new location in the UK. We have decided to migrate all of our OVH customers to these new servers and in effect close out our current OVH offerings.

There will be no price increase for our OVH customers and no changes to your current plans. The only change will be your current IP address. We will of course carry out all migrations ourselves so there will be no need for customers to make any new sign ups or modifications to their current accounts.

To reassure customers I would like to mention that our IP space here in the UK is in no way threatened and there will be NO price increases/adjustments for these. Customers who have already expressed their wishes via email and tickets no longer need to worry - they will be moved to the new UK servers in due course as detailed in further emails to be sent.

On a more personal note, I would like to thank all of our customers for their support and kind words over the past 24 hours. I fully understand this has been a stressful time for all of you. By taking on these additional servers and swallowing all the extra costs I hope we have managed to alleviate some of your worries.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for a further email with information on when your individual VPS will be migrated. We will do this on a 'per node' basis but rest assured you will receive notice before it happens. We are looking to start these migrations over the weekend, Monday at the latest.

Thank you again for your continued custom and support - myself and the team appreciate it :)

Again, if you have any questions, queries or concerns please DO get in touch with us as before. We are here to help and answer your questions.

Are you sure going to close OVH side? Probably some clients would prefer to stay there for additional cost.

• @nstorm said: Are you sure going to close OVH side? Probably some clients would prefer to stay there for additional cost.

Probably not enough to justify keeping OVH.

• @nstorm - why is that ouch? :)

As for keeping anything with OVH, we're really not keen on that however we also realise that some customers may want to stay there. We may keep 1 server with OVH for a few more months however our end goal is to move away completely.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@MartinD this is the way to go. Congratulations for finding solution.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Spirit said: @MartinD this is the way to go. Congratulations for finding solution.

Yep, this is a neat outcome :)

• -DRAMA AVERTED-

• JacobJacob Member
    edited November 2012

I have no hard feelings towards melbourne, and my comment was not supposed to be seen as "slander" towards you.

Your arrangements, between what was mine, and any other customer will not be different. Regarding the comment above, which was "We are Locked in with a price", sure you are locked in for a year, depending on when the contract was first introduced.

"All of our standard packages are subject to 1-year contracts". And to be perfectly honest they are right within the rights, and policies to refuse to allocate you any further IPs, when they choose, or just will not allocate any at all untill your contract ends so you have to pay for them.

I know, this is eventually going to happen everywhere. I am just stating the facts/inevitable.

Also melbourne are seriously strict on IP Assignments, /24 for a Quarter Cabinet is seen as a big assignment.(Granted it was not full).

@MartinD said: Not sure if you're trying to scaremonger our remaining customers or not but your comment was really uncalled for and not required. Our agreements and arrangements with Melbourne have absolutely no basis on what you did (or didn't) have in place. I understand you're not happy with them but it would be nice if you left your own dealings with them at the door.

• Jacob, you are making assumptions about our arrangement and agreements with Melbourne. I was with Melbourne long before you joined them and have remained after you left. I've had numerous long conversations with Rob and Tom (as you well know) to ensure our position with Melbourne is safe and secure. I have no worries at all with Melbourne and we have a very good and strong business relationship.

• nstormnstorm Member
    edited November 2012

@MartinD just because I've just recently moved all things and now have to change IPs again. Sounds like a downtime for my site while DNS updates, but more important I'm too lazy to change it again :P
    Not complaining, but I'd rather payed additional 1 GBP every month just to avoid this. =)

EDIT: Still this is really great that such solution was found. Sounds like it suits most of your customers.

• Don't worry - as I mentioned in a ticket/email, when the time comes we'll get you sorted out :)