Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BZYBHosting - Goof-up and then threatening
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BZYBHosting - Goof-up and then threatening

riuriu Member

We had VPS + R1Soft Backup with them. Unfortunately our 2 Gb of data was deleted by us and we requested them in 2/3 days to restore the data. They goofed-up in restoration and now threatened us to terminate our services.

In the process, we have lost our 2 Gb of data. BUT they are so arrogant and unapologetic that they cancelled our access to client area.

How can one seek necessary remedy now?

regards, Riu

Comments

• What the hell is bzybhosting? why not use a reliable host in the first place?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

riu said: How can one seek necessary remedy now?

It's simple. You restore your own backup on a new VPS and charge back your credit card payment.

• riu said: They goofed-up in restoration and now threatened us to terminate our services.

That doesn't make sense, how can they threaten you with anything when they're restoring a backup. Can you show us the ticket history since I feel that information is missing here.

• riuriu Member

Here is the entire thread - I copied just before they accused me of abusing them and blocked my access into their client area:

//
    Hello Kevin

Many thanks for your arrogance and accusing me for abuse.

I have not abused you. Yes - I have expressed my serious concern on goof-up on your restoration. My data was deleted on 5th (posted on this thread), and restoration should have been of any date prior to that. Since its strictly in your control to restore backups - how am i responsible for goof-up. If demanding this is an abuse then so be it. BUT let public forums be the judge.

I have lost valuable data for no fault of my own; and was heavily relying on backup / restoration services - which again was not in my control.

I have not abused your services anywhere, and subscribed services were paid for.. What I asked was simply the damage control.

Please refrain from accusing me of abuse and behave as sensible vendor.

You have freedom to terminate my services and I too have freedom to take this to public forums - if not resolved graciously. Yes - be prepared to issue me refunds for failed services.

In the event, you fail to facilitate the subscribe services, I am entitled to compensation and refund. You may refute the charges, but can't refuse me to seek rightful thing.

Hope good sense prevails and I regain my data.

regards, Prafulla
    15th Jul 2015 (21:12)
    Kevin || Staff

Hello Prafulla

Your services will auto terminate Aug 01, 2015 please move all data off our network before this time. NO active support will be available to you any longer due to your uncooperative and abusive nature. All your efforts should be focused on moving your data off our network.

Please let me know if you know anybody that needs hosting. Any leads that purchase hosting can save you money or give you credit towards your hosting.

Thanks for contacting our support department!
    Email [email protected]
    Email [email protected]

We have an extensive knowledge-base full of articles

http://www.bzybhosting.com/hardtofindfolder/knowledgebase.php

Like our services add a testimonial
    http://www.bzybhosting.com/testimonials.html
    How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent
    15th Jul 2015 (21:09)
    Kevin || Staff

Hello Prafulla

This is your last month hosting with us you will move your data of our network and find a new host. You have till the end of this billing cycle to move your data off our services at which time your services will auto terminate. If you continue to abuse our services your ips will be blocked in our network firewalls.

Please let me know if you know anybody that needs hosting. Any leads that purchase hosting can save you money or give you credit towards your hosting.

Email [email protected]
    Email [email protected]

15th Jul 2015 (20:29)
    Prafulla Gang || Client
    Hi Kevin

//We keep 8 Days of data since I told you that we had a backup on the 8th and its now the 15ths that's obviously more then 2/3 days its 8 days. I restored the data as requested and what is there is there I cannot fix that. The data being deleted is your fault not ours. The backup service was offered as a free service.//

I made the request on 8th and files were deleted on 5th (all dates verifiable on this thread). Then still restoration was goofed up.

Nothing is free service. All is packaged and priced - and customer once agrees to pay, vendor ought to be responsible.

So stop coming out with unreasonable reasons for goof up.

//Plus I will be completely honest your server puts a huge load on our network as allot of times its overloaded which I have addressed to you on many occasions and you still over load our nodes. Most customers that do this are asked to leave on the second notice and terminated at the 3rd notice of overloads. //

Well this is hugely unrelated issue - even if you deem it critical. We can get into its details and put forth our views later. Right now, its simple distraction.

We may be unworthy client OR 'not-required' client. BUT we have paid well in time for the package we bought. And we are well within our right to claim the services purchased.

I am still looking forward to avoid my data loss. And can't afford to let it go to dogs for someone's goofup.

regards, Prafulla
    15th Jul 2015 (19:06)
    Kevin || Staff

Hello Prafulla

We keep 8 Days of data since I told you that we had a backup on the 8th and its now the 15ths that's obviously more then 2/3 days its 8 days. I restored the data as requested and what is there is there I cannot fix that. The data being deleted is your fault not ours. The backup service was offered as a free service.

Plus I will be completely honest your server puts a huge load on our network as allot of times its overloaded which I have addressed to you on many occasions and you still over load our nodes. Most customers that do this are asked to leave on the second notice and terminated at the 3rd notice of overloads.

Email [email protected]
    Email [email protected]

15th Jul 2015 (18:38)
    Prafulla Gang || Client
    //There will not be any arguments I can only restore what is on the backup server if the data is not there then there is nothing I can do, that is absolutely it . //

Very convenient for you and in a way arrogant too.

When i first requested for restoration - files were not old then - max 2/3 days. So if you say, you don't keep past 2/3 days backup too then its too bad a policy.

Its huge breach of trust and loss to us.

regards
    15th Jul 2015 (18:35)
    Prafulla Gang || Client
    This is becoming a joke now.

What do you expect me to do - when I reported the file deletion and requested for restoration well in time. The backups were then only few days old then.

Since you don't allow us to access backups, we were depending upon your wisdom and adherence to SOP. How can we be responsbile, when you don't provide any access to us. It could be your goof-up.

What's the value of your backup policy, when it is not adequately adhered.

I am not very happy in this whole situation.

regards
    15th Jul 2015 (18:29)
    Kevin || Staff

Hello Prafulla

There will not be any arguments I can only restore what is on the backup server if the data is not there then there is nothing I can do, that is absolutely it .

Email [email protected]
    Email [email protected]

15th Jul 2015 (18:26)
    Kevin || Staff

Hello Prafulla

Its 40 MB not 40 GB!

Email [email protected]
    Email [email protected]

15th Jul 2015 (18:23)
    Prafulla Gang || Client
    //The oldest backup goes to 8 July 2015 and has 40 GB of data in it//

I don't wish to get into argument now. My first priority is to deal with possible data loss. Which is most critical.

Well - can you restore this 40 GB data of ri2u.com?

regards
    15th Jul 2015 (18:06)
    Kevin || Staff

Hello Prafulla

You should not have waited so long as we do not keep data forever the space is written over as time goes by. The oldest backup goes to 8 July 2015 and has 40 GB of data in it. There is nothing that can be done to revover any data. So please do not ask. This is probably why you do not see 5 GB of data as you were already late when you asked to restore the account.

Email [email protected]
    Email [email protected]

15th Jul 2015 (17:38)
    Prafulla Gang || Client
    Hi

My apologies as I was on the move.

No - As I can see in cPanel / File Manager - there are only few files (219 MB space used) - where as this site had 5 GB data.

Pl reinitiate this process again.

regards, Prafulla
    6th Jul 2015 (21:55)
    Kevin || Staff

Hello Prafulla

It looks like the file restore completed.

Email [email protected]
    Email [email protected]

6th Jul 2015 (12:43)
    Kevin || Staff

Hello Prafulla

I have started the restore. It will take quite awhile no eta also now.

Email [email protected]
    Email [email protected]

6th Jul 2015 (09:17)
    Prafulla Gang || Client
    Hi

ri2u.com is not deleted - its files were removed today. So I presume this can be restored.

Please guide me - as to how to restore this.

regards, Prafulla

//

• their fucking whmcs install is literally in /hardtofindfolder/ and you actually gave them money?

wow.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@MrObvious said:
    their fucking whmcs install is literally in /hardtofindfolder/ and you actually gave them money?

wow.

hahaha, nice catch ! XD

• riu said: Your services will auto terminate Aug 01, 2015 please move all data off our network before this time. NO active support will be available to you any longer due to your uncooperative and abusive nature. All your efforts should be focused on moving your data off our network.

>

lol wtf, tell the customer you want them to F off... but also ask them to recommend to friends and family xD

• Toys +> pram

• riuriu Member

@4n0nx said:
    It's simple. You restore your own backup on a new VPS and charge back your credit card payment.

Can I claim the refund?

• riuriu Member

techhelper1 said: That doesn't make sense, how can they threaten you with anything when they're restoring a backup. Can you show us the ticket history since I feel that information is missing here

I have already posted the thread. They say I abused them. They restored with wrong backup and not realizing their goof-up.

• riuriu Member

Update : Since i couldn't access client area, I wrote email to them. BZYBHosting - instead of resolving the issue, sent me server termination notice.
    //
    Suspension Reason: Customer’s services are here by suspended pending full termination for threatened behavior. This is absolutely prohibited any threatening behaver warrants immediate termination.
    //

I did express my options of going to review sites, and if required seeking refund through PayPal. Does it amount to threatening to cause such an action?

• I this a joke? With EV SSL? hardtofindfolder

Well we know in the USA and in the UK to open a company not a big thing. Everybody got a company.. :). Ship to EU. You will not open a company with 100 little usd.

• riuriu Member

Well as we posted our grievances / facts on public thread, Bzybhosting terminated our services much ahead of our next billing cycle (13 days early - scheduled renewal August 1).
    //Suspension Reason: Customer’s services are here by suspended pending full termination for threatened behavior. This is absolutely prohibited any threatening behaver warrants immediate termination.//

They have been threatening, not us.

Then they again threaten us in a very poor taste.

//You live in a poor county if your spam the internet in an attempt to "defamation our character" you can be held liable in a court of law for Civil wrong doing and responsible for damages which could be quite expensive. So you are here by warned.//

Just because they can hold our data being service provider, can they really threaten like this?

i wonder - if a service provider can afford such inflated ego and poor customer relationship management?

I don't know if Paypal will offer us buyer's protection. BUT we have posted there for refund / claim. I know, this isn't an adequate remedy for data loss.

• @riu - if you are still looking for a R1Soft solution or need a new VPS PM me and I'll help you get something worked out.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2015

You're in luck - that awesome new PayPal buyer policy protects against intangible items now (a.k.a your VPS). And again, it sucks for sellers as we're prone to more fraudulent activity.

• riuriu Member

@FlamesRunner said:
    You're in luck - that awesome new PayPal buyer policy protects against intangible items now (a.k.a your VPS). And again, it sucks for sellers as we're prone to more fraudulent activity.

Many thanks. I hope paypal ask for entire discussion thread / communication and take a fair call.

We are seller too for many digital products / services (software / hosting etc). And I agree fraudulent buyers will be real pain.

• Will be a real pain?
    They already are a real pain.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • riuriu Member

@FlamesRunner said:
    Will be a real pain?
    They already are a real pain.

Honestly speaking - we did face this problem for software downloads. But then we switched to DigitalRiver / Element5 and this helped us in minimizing this risk.

• riuriu Member

I have already submitted / escalated my dispute with bzbyhosting.com at PayPal. What more do I need to do there? I mean in terms of submission of evidences etc.

• A couple pictures of your invoices, and if possible, your tickets.

• riuriu Member

@FlamesRunner said:
    A couple pictures of your invoices, and if possible, your tickets.

Many thanks. I have posted my entire support ticket thread to Paypal. Let me post the copy of Invoices also.

• riuriu Member

@FlamesRunner said:

No It seems PayPal is not offering this protection. My claims are rejected.

//Unfortunately, we are denying your claim because your purchase was for a virtual, digital, or intangible item, which is not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. We only cover claims involving physical items that can be shipped and tracked.//

• apparently it's better if you ring PayPal, although I'm not sure if this will help after they denied it.

• riuriu Member

@hostnoob said:
    apparently it's better if you ring PayPal, although I'm not sure if this will help after they denied it.

I already did that. Once ticket is closed, its final. No Buyer's Protection for web hosting purchase - even if seller terminates before completion of period. Its unfair, but then world is not fair too.

By keeping few hundred dollars max in such instances - don't become rich. On the contrary, they lose more prospects with negative reviews / publicity. But if someone lacks commercial sense, no one can help. Karma catches up all, in due course.

• @riu said:
    By keeping few hundred dollars max in such instances - don't become rich. On the contrary, they lose more prospects with negative reviews / publicity. But if someone lacks commercial sense, no one can help. Karma catches up all, in due course.

yeah it sucks but then again, many hosts get done by fraudulent charge backs too.

It seems to always be the bad ones who win regardless of which side you're on :/

If you post what specs you need a generous host might make you a nice offer

• riuriu Member

hostnoob said: It seems to always be the bad ones who win regardless of which side you're on

Ha ha. Yes - as he is better prepared.

I have already moved to my another VPS for time being, and as reorganize myself - will post the required specs.

• This post is for the record only!

There is always two sides to these stories. This particular customer I remember. The problems started when his ip address kept getting black listed due to spamming. His IP address got black listed quite a few times but he assured me that he was not doing this and it was somebody else that had access to his server. We explained to him that this cannot continue. We also had problems this CPU usage causing problems on the node his VPS was on. Since we had space at the time we left him alone on his own node so he would not affect other customers.

The deleted data!

So he had 120 GB of disk space but it was full and he needed some extra space to make a cPanel backup. So he deleted his own cPanel account form his server before even checking to make sure there was a way to restore the account. Not even attempting to off load this account to a FTP site. Yes we keep many backups for different length of periods. But he waited to long before requesting a restore, the problem was by the time he requested the restore his data had already been overwritten by newer backups. We attempted a restore but the data was gone. One of the other problems we had was that his CPU usage was really high whenever a backup process started there was not much CPU resource left to accomplish the backup so it failed. Most likely that is why he deleted the account. And R1Soft is a good backup tool but it’s not going to restore a cPanel account only the files. But again they were already over written.

After that he got upset with us and blamed us for the loss of his data and threatened us. I explained what had happened but it was not enough for him. After all this and the spamming problems CPU problems we were certain he knew about the spamming. It had deteriorated and no solution was available so we gave him a week to move his data off our network and that was it. We offered no refund since it was way past the 30 days and he was being asked to leave for violation of our terms of service.

I am truly sorry this happened he was a good customer for quite some time towards the end is when we started to have the CPU, SPAM and then the loss of his data. From his perspective I see his side but I think he never took a second to consider our side and if he did this would have turned out much better. There are limitations to all software and this needs to be taken into consideration yelling is not going to make software do something different. He acts like I personally deleted his data.

90% of his post have been altered and will not respond to his comments

I think it’s interesting when hosts jump all over an upset customer post like their infallible words are the gospel and that is what must have happened. They attack a host that is not even on the discussion to prop themselves up like we are the worst host ever and were are the best.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited March 2018

@buzybeekevin said:
    This post is for the record only!

Was it necessary to necro bump a three year old thread?

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • time is so passé

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited March 2018

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. Can't explain that!