Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US]Server for sale.. maybe - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US]Server for sale.. maybe

13»

Comments

• Ignore Kevin - he's just a little whiney because he doesn't like me. Any chance to have a go.

• LeeLee Veteran

awwww, leave Kevin alone, I mean he is, well. No, in fact he is just whiney as usual..

• I am only looking out in the best interest of the community. I have seen multiple people post hardware offers in the "offers" section, it just doesn't seem fair to them as they could of posted it in the General section and additionally got it bumped?

A friend of mine posted an offer saying he was looking to buying hosts last month, and that counted as one of his every 14 days offer and wasn't allowed to be bumped either.

Considering how minor of an offer that is I'm fairly confident that this thread does belong in the offers section as its something much more significant (Hardware) however I will leave this up to the mods.

• LeeLee Veteran

Ok so that is the real issue, your "friend" was not allowed to do it so you are not letting anyone else away with it. You will never change huh :)

• @FTN_Kevin said: A friend of mine posted an offer saying he was looking to buying hosts last month, and that counted as one of his every 14 days offer and wasn't allowed to be bumped either.

Considering how minor of an offer that is I'm fairly confident that this thread does belong in the offers section as its something much more significant (Hardware) however I will leave this up to the mods.

That's odd that buying hosts was on 'offer' here. Usually I see 'offers' as providers offering services.

• @W1V_Lee said: Ok so that is the real issue, your "friend" was not allowed to do it so you are not letting anyone else away with it. You will never change huh :)

I was only stating a prime example. Another example is that there are lots of hardware offers on LET and all were either moved to the Offers section or was initiated in the Offers section to begin with.

I am only trying to keep things fair here. Good luck with the sale @MartinD :)

• Ok so I contacted martin regarding the price because I had some interest in the rent to own for this server.

I thought I could get it from martin on the low end of what he posted here, but the fact is that I can only get it at the high end.

This puts me and anyone that wants to do RTO on this server in a tough situation. What I CAN do after talking to martin is offer a 12 month rent to own at $70/mo with 1 ipv4 and 5TB of bandwidth.

• Uhm. No. I told you I'd want $350 for it. That'd the lower end. Shipping is your problem here, so you can't say I'm wanting the higher end of my price scale when clearly that's not what I said.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited November 2012

@MartinD said: Uhm. No. I told you I'd want $350 for it. That'd the lower end. Shipping is your problem here, so you can't say I'm wanting the higher end of my price scale when clearly that's not what I said.

Why are you acting like I just killed your puppy? I was thinking that you could handle the shipping and this would have allowed me to make a better deal for people on rent to own. So for now if someone wants a rent to own on this server I have to do is 12 month rent to own at $70/mo with 1 ipv4 and 5TB of bandwidth........ $350 + Shipping is $400

High or low we are only talking a $50 difference here so the only thing it would really affect is me trying to do a rent to own for someone. No hard feelings I just wanted people to know that I had to raise the RTO price since I couldn't get you to do the shipping.

• @Corey so you couldn't do an extra 50/12 ($4/month) on LTO for someone? You were trying to grab the low end of the deal + free shipping... Sounds kind of a lame excuse to me.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited November 2012

@NickO said: @Corey so you couldn't do an extra 50/12 ($4/month) on LTO for someone? You were trying to grab the low end of the deal + free shipping... Sounds kind of a lame excuse to me.

If I have to fork up more money to pay for the server than I thought then the RTO is going to be higher. I'm doing a different thread with an ATOM that cost me $200 on an RTO for $30/mo.....

Yes - I was trying to grab the low end of the deal + free shipping - I can't.... end of story... I'm sorry that you don't like my RTO offer - maybe someone else will.

This RTO is still negotiable if someone is actually interested.

Also I realized I was giving away 15mbit of bandwidth per month for peanuts at a huge loss so that played a factor in my decision as well. If you want less bandwidth I can go lower on the RTO.

• Good news I'll be purchasing the server @ $400 - someone wanted to RTO :)

• Well, it's still available until that's come through :)

• Okay, this is still available.

Do me a favour and contact me only if you're interested. Can't be bothered with people messing me around. Ta.

• You can get cheaper. Your budget is good. You have to search more.

• Try reading. I'm selling it, not requesting one.

• Dropped the price to $300 ono, just want it gone now :)